Wiget's Kitties Bump Buddies!

Yeah my hair is so long lol needs cutting before baby arrives dont fancy it pulling it lol especially as i never tie it up lol

i got big fast you'll probs get a bump noticeable soon but u sure have a cute little bump now :)

i love been pregnant but dont like how fast your boobs seem to grow lol i wouldnt mind but i was already a c n now im in a d n there still growing lol i wake up feeling like ive had a boobs job there big nn sore lol

Mine have also grown from a C to a D... but I figured they'd be fluctuating a lot over the next few months so I've just bought some sports bras so far. Unfortunately they cause a really sad looking uniboob, but they are at least more comfortable. But it is officially time for maternity clothing now... no more fitting into my usual pants :(

Has anybody purchased anything new? We got a tub because I think I am going to be too afraid to bathe baby in the sink at first. DH also picked out the first toy, a rattling multi-colored lion which is sitting on a shelf in our living room for now.

My pram arrived this week, but i've not had a chance to play with it yet as it's at my mother-in-laws. :growlmad: My mum has this superstition that it is bad luck to have the pram in the house before the baby is born, so it has to stay there for now. :dohh: I'm not really that superstitious, but it keeps mum happy and lets face it I've not been too lucky in the past, so what harm can it do? I'll go over to the in-laws-and have a play with it as soon as our nephews go home after the easter break.

Does anyone else have any superstitions or rules etc? The only other thing i was particular about was not buying anything baby related until after our 20 week scan, but that wasn't a superstition thing, it was just an anxiety thing because of my previous MC.

:hugs:

L.x

Helen - sounds like you were in my neck of the woods this weekend... I live around 4 miles from Southend of Sea... And you're right its been beautiful weather this weekend. We made the most of it and took our dog for a walk to the beach - where the beach huts are (Thorpe Bay way) which we can walk from our house. There's still a bit of a chilly breeze though so have to make sure you wrap up warm!

Laura loving the baby bump!! Very cute - I think mine is bigger than yours lol - and you have a good 8 weeks on me... scary :) I hadn't thought superstitiously about the pram being in the house... now you have me thinking... not sure when ours will arrive - we were told 6-8 weeks but ordered it a couple of weeks ago... but I guess we'll have nursery prepped soon - spend all weekend clearing out, I am nackered!! So maybe I shouldn't worry about it being in the house.

I think i'm gonna go for this twin trial. The more I read about the pessary that clamps the cervix together the more secure I feel in being able to keep babies in as long as possible. I may not even be on that group, but at least I'll be monitored closesly so I guess worth a shot.

Hope you all had lovely weekends ladies x x x

if it was me i would def go for the trial, if you end up in the control group like you say at least you will be closly monitored and your helping those pregnancies of other ladies that it will benifit in the future.

my gran was taken ill yest so i ended up in a&e all evening, finally got home at 1.45 this morning. she has a chest infection so is now on iv antibiotics and oxygen. so glad im not working today cos im shattered. callum wanted to get up at 6 this morning but then he went back off after 7 til 9 so i got to doze on the sofa for a bit.

loving all the new bump pics :happydance: sounds like everyone had a lovely weekend.

talking of boobs...just you girls wait until your milk comes in after lo arrives!! :dohh: i felt like i'd had a boob job!

bailey i havent bought anything new for a while actually. my friends are all chipping in to get us baby monitors which is very sweet of them and my mum is getting a bouncer/rocker chair this week.

laura my in-laws were the same about the pram superstition but me and DH agreed we were happy to have it at the house. so we won! hope you get to have a play soon, its so much fun! and also get you used to putting it up and down etc does need a bit of practice!

lucy i think you should go for the trial, even if you are the control group it will be great to be so closely monitored.

Beth so sorry about your gran, i hope shes better soon :hugs: glad callum went back to sleep so you could catch up with a doze!

In laws have taken Frankie to Peppa Pig World and Paultons Park today...she loves Peppa so i'm sure she will have a great time. I wish i was there and not stuck at work!

I was just thinking...i dont know how old any of you are? I am 26 btw x

i ve just nipped to asda and

mummies treat = harry potter
callums treat = sun had and pumps
joshs treat = really cute zebra romper suit with matching bib.

i couldnt resist.

Hiya,

Beth - Hope your gran is feeling better today! I'm liking your asda treats - good for you! :thumbup:

Lucy - There doesn't seem to be a downside to you joining the triaL, as you say, if you don't get the pessary, you get extra monitoring, which can only be a good thing.

Claire - I will definately make sure i have a good old play with the pram, the last thing i need is a red face coz i can't collapse it in the supermarket carpark. :haha: I'm 32 btw.

Bailey and Helen - yip, I've gone up 3 cup sizes now. Bras costing me a fortune! :haha:

Laura.x

Well ladies I did it and went on the trial - and I got the pessary group so had the big rubber thingy put in to support my cervix. Funny I had my cervix measured 2 weeks ago and it was 38mm and now today it is 34mm so has changed - the acceptable level is 25mm so still within ok limits anyway I just figure this will give me extra help just in case :) got to go back in 4 weeks for a swab - they check for infections and another scan to measure the cervix again!

ALso got to see a quick glance of both babies today - both moving around and looking happy! Wondering whether to do a private 24 week scan now through babybond or is it too much! I get a scan at 28, 32 and 36 weeks anyway on the NHS to check on babies growth just in case there's any problems...

Oh Beth sorry to hear your gran's not well, lets hope the medication gets her back on track and that you get some well deserved shut eye tonight x

Clare - I'm 31 by the way :)

beth i am awful when i go in asda...i think you did well just to buy that! last time i went in i got...a bag (for hospital), a cardi, some flip flops, sandals for frankie, a baby blanket and some babygros! :)

lucy very exciting about the trial and you got the pessary group. your very lucky to have so many chances to see your boys...i would love to see LO again, my 20 week scan feels like a lifetime ago. i am getting very impatient now...sometimes team yellow is very frustrating! x

thats great that you got the trial lucy.

i have my 3d scan on sat, cant wait to see my little man again.
my gran seamed much better tonight think she will be in all week though and we are gonna get them to do an assessment to try and get some home help in.

Beth, best wishes to your gran! Glad she seemed better :) The 3D scan will be so neat.

Lucy that's exciting you are doing the trial! Excellent that you got to see the boys again :happydance:

I've been so miserable the last two days, started vomiting again after I take my pills in the AM and PM. I called my doctor and they said take an antihistamine to help dry me up as the amount of mucus in your stomach may be causing the pill upchuck, which has helped so far. However I ended up zonked out in bed most of the afternoon. Major bonus points for any ladies that are looking after an LO and pregnant, there is no way I could have functioned to do that today or yesterday.

sorry your feeling rubbish again hun. yep pregnancy and toddler dont mix well. i miss my sleep.

Bailey - Sorry to hear you're not feeling well again. :hugs:

Beth - A 3D scan will be fab - you'll be able to see little josh's face - how cool. :thumbup: I would have had a 3D scan if we'd found out the sex, but as were on team yellow, we thought we'd better not chance getting a sneak preview. :haha:

Claire - I'm with you team yellow is getting frustrating. I don't care which sex it is, I'm just so excited - i want my baby now. :happydance:

Lucy - Have you decided whether you're having another private scan?

:hugs:

Laura.xxx

has everyone else had a 16 week appointment with there midwife?

the only time i see my midwife is at my scans is that right ive never even had a homevisit i seen one at 7 weeks when i had my 1st scan then i seen the next at 13+4 and not gonna see her now till 21 weeks =/ & also i dont even have a number for a midwife to ring?

do you think im silly worrying about movements?

im so eager to feel baby move and keep thinking back to my 13 week scan when i was so looking forward to see baby bouncing about on the screen and it never even moved just laid there all i seen was the heartbeat fluttering on the screen baby was just sleeping apparently but im worried and keep thinking what if somethings wrong and thats why it aint moved n why i cant feel it =/ but alot of people i know keep telling me they felt baby moving by now! im 18 weeks on thursday i swear people like to make me feel stressed n worry lol

Eleanor is here!!!! Just wanted to give you all an update and a link to my birth story (forgive the bad grammar and spelling mistakes... I still haven't recovered!)

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-stories-announcements/586184-eleanor-jane-april-9th-2011-long.html#post10103304

Good luck ladies!!! :hugs:

i just read congratulations widget :hugs: & a huge congratulations on your beautiful daughter :)

congrats widget. gonna read the birth story once callum is asleep.

helen i wouldnt worry about feeling movements yet, lots of women dont feel them til twenty odd weeks.

i do think you should have had a 16 week appointment though, are you midwife led or consultant.

Hi Helen,

I had appts with my midwife at 10wks, 16wks, 22wks, 28wks and now i'm to get them every three weeks until 37wks, when it becomes fortnightly. My MW wasn't at my scans, just the sonographer. My midwife put all our important tel numbers in my pregnancy record, but if you don't have these, call your hospital and ask to be put through to the anti-natal/mat unit.

With regards to movement I honestly did not feel anything convincing until around 20wks and like you i was freaking out. I was 22 wks before i'd say i felt what i call proper movements. However, with that said, we are all different and no one knows your body like you do, so if your worried call your mat unit. I'm sure everything is fine and you're one of those ladies, like me, who has to wait, what feels like forever to feel anything.

Take care sweetie,

Laura.xxx

beth i'm glad to hear your gran is getting better and yay for your 3d scan on saturday :happydance:

bailey so sorry to hear your feeling rubbish again :hugs:

helen please try not to worry and stress yourself out, everyone is so different and some ladies dont feel baby move until after 20 weeks. just you wait, suddenly one day you will feel some fluttery bubbles and you will wonder if that was it, then you will feel it again and again! just got to be patient :flower: and yes i do think you should see your midwife again at 16 weeks, i saw mine at 17 weeks. i guess different areas work differently :shrug: but i have the mobile number of my midwife and a couple of back up midwives incase i ever need to call/txt to ask anything.

congratulations widget :happydance: eleanor is gorgeous! i just read your birth story...made me emotional!! thanks so much for sharing.

ladies there is a documentary on BBC3 tonight at 9pm about breastfeeding x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->