Wiget's Kitties Bump Buddies!

awe how cute is she!! congrats widget

i was gonna watchthat doc but didnt get the sky se up in time for it. tbh though im gonna try breat feeding but if it doesnt work again then its straight to formula.

i am gonna invest in some lilypadz though cos one of the things i really didnt like last time was constantly leaking and feeling wet.

What a lovely lady Widget! I'm sure you and your DH are totally in love :)

Helen I'd definitely try to find a number for your midwife if you are concerned. You are not at all silly for worrying, you deserve some reassurance :hugs:

Ladies, I have a 'situation' for all of you that I hope I can get your input on! Anything helps!

This Saturday DH and I are driving the three hours up one way to get his kids (DSD10 and DSS7) and spend the day with them. They live in a super rural area so we are driving them a hour out from where they live to go to a kid's place with a big indoor playscape, tons of games and some kid-themed entertainment. Since I am going (which they are excited about, I don't see them every time he does due to distance) we want to tell them about the pregnancy then. However, I have been struggling for months on HOW and WHEN to tell them. When is the bigger issue at this point. Right after we pick them up? Before we go into the place? Afterward? Somewhere in-between? None of his family knows yet, either - so we were going to let the kids tell DH's parents when we drop them off there after. As far as how, I'm going to let DH do it and and try to keep it short and sweet, and answer any questions they have.

I'm really not worried about his son, he is a super sweet kid. His daughter is more of a concern. She has always been great with me and I don't want this news to change that. I also don't want to ruin their good time or make it seem like going there is any sort of bribe. They both have a 4-year old stepsister from their mother's remarriage so they can relate some to having a sibling with another parent.

Thanks girls!

beth i'm the same about feeding, will give bf a go but if it doesnt work out i'm not guna get stressed out...already got some back up formula and bottles just incase!

bailey that is a toughy!! in my opinion i think you and DH should tell them when you pick them up. then it's done and they can take it in and ask you both any questions, then you can go out and enjoy your day all together. i really hope DSD will react ok. like you said at least they have a sibling with another parent so its not all brand new to them. i'm sure they will take it fine and you will wonder what you were worrying about.

xxx

im now seeing my midwife next wednesday ill be 18 weeks 6 days! she said someone should have contacted me ages ago ( looks like they failed to do it lol )

hopefully i will hear babies heartbeat for the 1st time!! :D

good i'm glad you got that sorted helen, it shouldnt be down to you to chase them though?! yay should should get to hear babys heartbeat :)

no apparently i should have gotten a letter at 16 weeks lol which i never even recieved! but hey all important is the fact i managed to get in and see them i really hope i can hear babies heartbeat i will ask if not! :)

one of my friends had a bit of trouble where midwife had been trying to call her to arrange appt but turns out they had a digit wrong on her phone number! it went on for 2 weeks though...you wouldnt think they would leave it that long to write her a letter! they are supposed to understand how anxious we feel and they clearly don't :( we are just a number to them i guess!

like you said, its good they have fitted you in! x

they have my number correct too thought because she just asked me n read it out to me and i said yup thats my number and it wasnt even on the computer that a letter had been sent out lol stupid midwifes ill be 19 weeks when i have my appt lol i should have had it at 16 apparently!

3 weeks today till my scan cant wait to find out what im having! very excited :)

very excited for you and also a bit jealous! kinda wish i wasnt team yellow now!! :) x

youve done so well though your nearly 32 weeks i dont know how youve coped not knowing what baby is though lol !

im very excited and want to buy pink or blue im sick of looking at neutral colours so good on you! :D

i just been to tesco and they had a mad sale on i just got a manual breast pump with 4 avent bottles for £5.00 :O

i was gonna buy an electric one but seems as i dont know if ill be able to do it or not im gonna use the manual for now and see how i go rather then spending expensive money on something i may never use

yay for getting the appointment sorted. they will def have a listen in so you can hear the heartbeat.

there is no way i could cope with team yellow, i love knowing i ve got a little man on the way.

i have bothn manual and electric breast pumps from callum and tbh the manual was really good at getting the milk off just gives your hand a work out. the electric (tommee tippee) was a pain in the bum.

hope it goes well bailey with the announcement

3 more sleeps til i get to see my little man again. cant wait but how much you betting he hides his face all the time.
oh and only 15 more shifts at work.

i just havent been able to buy much to be honest...as i know once lo is here i wont really use neutral stuff, apart from sleepsuits and vests. it is killing me now though...really want to buy pink or blue outfits!! :dohh: just you wait, i'm guna go shopping (well probably online shopping) mad when baby arrives hehe!

wow thats a bargain helen, i used a manual pump with frankie and it was quite easy to use.

yay only 3 more sleeps for you beth until your 3d scan, really hope he isnt shy and hides his face! :baby: and thats great you only have 15 shifts left at work :happydance: i only have 15 more days left at work too!! x

haha u have an excuse to do loads of online shopping once baby is here!! hehe loads of blue/pink clothes wooop :)

your nearly there now hun not far youve done so well i would never be able to do team yellow even though when i first fell pregnant i swore i would haha but its too hard

I quite like being on team yellow really - it's just sometimes i get so excited, but i don't regret not finding out. Don't get me wrong when we go to the the shops and see all the lovely stuff for little boys and little girls, I have a temporary pang of frustration because I'd love to buy something. However, like Claire i'll just spend a fortune making up for it when the baby arrives. :haha:

Helen - Glad you got your MW appt sorted. :thumbup: Better late than never eh? Hopefully they don't make any more mistakes with your care. You should definately hear LO's heartbeat, MW has checked mine everytime since my 16wk appt.

:hugs:

Laura.xxx

i can't wait to have a proper shop :) but will wait to see what gifts we are given first. people are so generous, it was overwhelming when we had frankie! little bundles of pink clothing everywhere! she didnt even wear all the newborn outfits. some still had tags on when i found them about 6 months later oops! so i gave them to a friend!

i dont regret not finding out, i think i am just at the stage now where i really want to meet LO and am getting a little fed up with heartburn, getting out of breath and the other joys of pregnancy lol i cant really complain though, i have had such a straightforward pregnancy...my midwife said she wishes they were all like me! fx'd for a straightforward labour and birth!! i have good and bad days at the moment, some days i love being pregnant and some days i dont like it at all...compliments help though haha! someone at work yesterday said i looked lovely pregnant...made my day :) 8 weeks to go yay! fx'd its not longer!!

happy 18 weeks helen! i'm sure you will hear lo heartbeat at your appt. I was really chuffed last night as my friend has one of those angel sounds machines to hear the heartbeat (she is due same day as you helen) and we had a listen to my LO and it was so clear...loved it! gave a big kick aswell.

xxx

i can't wait to have a proper shop :) but will wait to see what gifts we are given first. people are so generous, it was overwhelming when we had frankie! little bundles of pink clothing everywhere! she didnt even wear all the newborn outfits. some still had tags on when i found them about 6 months later oops! so i gave them to a friend!

i dont regret not finding out, i think i am just at the stage now where i really want to meet LO and am getting a little fed up with heartburn, getting out of breath and the other joys of pregnancy lol i cant really complain though, i have had such a straightforward pregnancy...my midwife said she wishes they were all like me! fx'd for a straightforward labour and birth!! i have good and bad days at the moment, some days i love being pregnant and some days i dont like it at all...compliments help though haha! someone at work yesterday said i looked lovely pregnant...made my day :) 8 weeks to go yay! fx'd its not longer!!

happy 18 weeks helen! i'm sure you will hear lo heartbeat at your appt. I was really chuffed last night as my friend has one of those angel sounds machines to hear the heartbeat (she is due same day as you helen) and we had a listen to my LO and it was so clear...loved it! gave a big kick aswell.

xxx

aww thats so sweet that you hear your LO :) cant believe you have 8 weeks left thats amazing its gone so fast! :)

thankyou cant believe im 18 weeks already lol! :)

i cant wait till my LO starts kicking ( i might not during night when im tryna get to sleep like lol )

no night time kicks arent the best! when i get up in the night to go to the toilet, LO usually decides to wake up and have a wriggle around making it difficult to go back to sleep!!

I think i've been really lucky with my pregnancy ailments too. The worst symptom for me was definately the morning sickness in the first trimester. I've been lucky enough not to get heartburn so far, but i do get the sudden breathlessness, which can be a bit unnerving at times.

Got a letter from the hospital today, telling me i'm a little anaemic, so i've got to pick up a prescription for iron suppliments tomorrow.

I've got one of the angel sounds dopplers and I usually listen in to LO's HB once a week. Although LO is moving around, listening to the HB makes me happy and keeps me reassured. :thumbup:

Mat Leave starts two weeks today. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

i dont know if any of u watch this morning lol just thought id say Holly Willoughby had her baby today :)

she was due may 13th she had a little girl called Belle 5lbs 2oz :) she had her at 5.10pm :)

im so going to try and invest in a doppler :)

aww i really like holly willoughby! hope her and her baby girl are ok. i had heard that she thought she might be in labour yesterday. Belle is a pretty name, thanks for letting us know x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->