• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wiget's Kitties Bump Buddies!

That's great about Josh's weight!! Was there something in particular that you think has helped you BF this time over last time? I kind of have my heart set on being able to BF but I'm afraid of disappointing myself. But any stress won't help my supply, either!

I've been a bit naughty with the sweets, too :blush: Now up 13lbs from pre-pregnancy weight. Seems like no matter what I eat at this point I'm putting on weight every week, though. Not letting myself worry too much over it.

13lb is nothing bailey, I lost a stone overnight with Evelyn and I was only 23 weeks so you'll lose that no problem.

It is normal at your stage to put 2lb a week on so enjoy it while you can and if you do BF it will come off in no time anyway.

Hope everyone is ok

Still not ovulating so ticker must be slightly out this month although now getting a line on my cheapies so won't be long.

Helen, Abigail is gorgeous, I am officially very jealous of you all for your beautiful babies (in the nicest possible and smiley way!)

I hope all little ones and mums are doing well
Sar xx

im sure you ll get your rainbow baby soon sarah and i plan to be there every step of your journey. cant wait to hear you complaining about 3rd tri aches and pains.

bailey i gained 30 lb in my pregnancy and by 4 weeks had only about 2 lbs to lose so i bet you will end up lighter no probs.

as for bf, it was the support i had this time making sure i had the right latch, i still wouldnt say its easy and we are still havng problems, prob cos of the oral thrush, my fast let down (i can squirt across the room by just pushing on my boob with one finger) and im not sure if josh has reflux and also the fact that i was more educated this time.

Sitting PMSL at Beth's projectile milk missile!

I am pretty confident it will happen too Beth. Just playing the waiting game is annoying. Thanks for your support, it is lovely to have you guys around and I fully intend to moan lots in my next pregnancy!!!

Lol - i've done that to Mya too! She looks at me as if to say "watch where you're firing that stuff mummy".

Beth - josh is doing really well with his weight. I weighed Mya on Monday and she's now 11lb 7 oz.

Sarah - as always I am praying that this is your month sweetie and I can't wait to hear you moaning about all your pregnancy aches and pains. The kitties are not complete until your rainbow baby is here too.

Bailey - how are you doing hun? I agree with Beth, I got lots of advice about breast feeding. It still wasn't easy, in fact the first few days were a bit hellish, however it was the one thing that I really wanted to do, so I stuck with it asked for more advice from the local bf support worker and finally cracked it. I am so glad I did, I really enjoy feeding Mya & if you've got to get up at silly oclock, there's nothing better than those beautiful blue eyes looking up at me.

Helen - I hope you are well and enjoying being a new mummy.

Have a great weekend ladies.

Love as always,

Laura.xxx

Just a quickie to say I got a positive OPK tonight so off to make a baby!!!

Catch that egg, Sarah!! :happydance:

Thank you Beth and Laura, I guess the support really matters! You two succeeding definitely helps me think positively about it. The hospital I'll be giving birth at has two lactation consultants every day but Sundays so I should be able to see one of them, we also have a Le Leche League here and DH is fully supportive with me wanting to BF exclusively.

I think I'm pretty much ready to go into labor now :dohh: May have them check me again on Tuesday, this past Tuesday the doctor couldn't even reach my cervix! But I feel like I've dropped a bit since.

sounds like there is plenty of help there for you then, im sure you will do just fine.

i cant believe how bf is made out to be so easy and its not its blooming hard work.
you worry if you ll have enough milk, no one tells you too much milk can cause problems.

That was quite the visual, Beth :haha: But you are right, I haven't seen overproduction talked about in almost anything I've read!

Haven't posted a bump photo in a while... hopefully one of my last.

https://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc399/menagerie_mom/Photo37.jpg

Hope you ladies have a great weekend :)

Bailey - Your bump is fab! Glad your feeling ready for labour. Like Beth says, bf is definately not easy, but with support it is well worth it.

Sarah - :dust::dust::dust: lots of sticky vibes and more :dust::dust::dust:

I hope you've all had a lovely weekend.

Love

L.x

Kind of mixed news at the doctor's today - she's dropped to 13th percentile in weight from 22nd which was previously 43rd. But my fluid levels are fine, which is good news. Because I have hypertension (though it's been controlled the whole time, today it was 122/74) my placenta may be sputtering out a little early so they may want to induce me between 38-39 weeks. However I do have to be favorable for induction at the time which concerns me because the last time I was checked the doctor couldn't even reach my cervix.

I like the idea that she may be here in a week and a half or two weeks but it's heavy news! Luckily they don't expect any problems with her size wise or otherwise.

oohh so she could be here soon:happydance:

i wouldnt worry too much about the size. 1% percentile is still normal some babies have to be on the lower percentiles otherwise they wouldnt exist.

fingers crossed your favourable when you need to be.

afm
had my 6 week check today, just asked how i was and checked bp. she precribed more meds for josh and i for his thush, fingers crossed this lot does the trick (5th time lucky eh)

callum has been sick for past few days so not had much sleep but josh is doing much better being settled through the day and has slept part of the night in his cot and had fed well today.

I'm sure everything will be fine when the time comes, will keep my fx'd for you. As Beth says I wouldn't worry too much about her weight. Keep us posted sweetie. Can't wait to see Matilda!!!

Beth - Hope Callum is feeling a bit better and Josh's thrush finally clears up. Mya had it too, but she only needed one course of meds to clear it. They gave me some cream to put on my nipples, so i did pass it back when feeding, did they do that with you too?.

L.xxx

Yeah they have but not the best cream. Hv gave me a leaflet to give to gp so they could prescribe the right stuff.

Hi Ladies,

Hope you all had a good weekend?

Bailey - Hope you're well sweetie!

Sarah - Did you have a good time at Alton Towers? Keeping my fx'd for your testing this month.

Beth - How's Callum feeling? Better I hope!

Mya had her first immunisation today, she was very brave and only cried for a wee minute. When i got her home I swaddled and fed her and she gave me a great big smile, as if to say "I'm okay now mummy" - love my little girl.

L.x

Laura, Mya sounds like the most amazing little girl. Glad she took it so well!

Had a good weekend here, but unfortunately it's all gone downhill today. What a time for DH to lose his job, huh? :cry: Luckily he has good qualifications to find another one but the next few weeks will interesting. I think I'm so in shock I can't even feel the stress.

That's awful timing! What does he do? I know it's easier said than done, but try not to stress, I'm sure everything will work out.

Love and big hugs,

L.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"