Wiget's Kitties Bump Buddies!

He's been running restaurants for 17 years. Unfortunately the last three have been a waste for a franchise that expanded too quickly and caved in. I feel better now that we've taken care of applying for unemployment and all that stuff, and the job hunt starts tomorrow. He was waiting to use his vacation for Mattie's birth so we're out of luck on that.

Just trying to remember these are small things, we will get through it, and we are still luckier than many. But I'm ready to have this baby! Hopefully I've at least thinned out a little. Last Friday I was still thick and "maybe 1cm".

oh no bailey, what timing. i hope hubby finds another job asap.

callum is much better thanks laura, back at nursery today. glad mya s injections went well. josh has his a week tom, im dreading it cos callum was really ill after his first lot.

Bailey - good luck to hubby on his job hunt and I pleased to here that you're thinning, you'll have that beautiful baby girl before you know it. You are right too, life throws some amount of shit at us at times, but i honestly have never appreciated what i have more that i do now.

Beth - I'm glad the hear Callum is well and back at nursery. :thumbup:

L.x

Please keep this off Facebook ladies! :) Posting from my phone now.

Headed to L&D now for an induction. Her fluid was low so they are ready to get her out. Wish me luck!

oooh good luck hun. hope its a short labour and look forward to hearing an update. will be keeping an eye on fb for your announcement

Been contracting for 18 hours and as of two hours ago I still haven't thinned! A section may be in my near future. The dr should be here in an hour or so to discuss options. Once again, wish me luck! And thank you for the kind words. :)

good luck hun, i know a section isnt ideal but as long sa she gets here safely for you both thats all that matters.

Hope everything goes ok Bailey...and sorry about hubby and his job! I bet she has the reddest hair!!

It's a girl! Matilda Jean was born 9/14/11 at 12:56pm after a 20.5 hour long induction and a 3 hour labor and all of 15 minutes of pushing. She weighed 5lbs 8oz and is 19.25 inches long. Tiny girl but just perfect. She has long red hair and eyelashes, couldn't be happier with that!!

Have to stay in the hospital at least 24 hours here. I feel great except for a small abrasion she created by coming out with her hands on her head. Will post my birth story and some photos when we get to go home. Thank you girls so, so much for all the support over the last year :hugs:

Wow things must have moved fast after your last post. Congratulations hun. A good size given she was early and you were concerened about growth. Josh is glad he has another red head Joining the group.

Yay, I'm so pleased for you Bailey - Congratulations!!! I saw the pic you posted on Facebook and can't wait to see some more. Matilda is beautiful! Love to you and your little family.

Laura.xxx

i text helen today to see how her and abigail were. all good she just doesnt have any internet at the mo.

Well no good news for me this month :-( Onto cycle number 6 and going in with positivity this month, have a nice good feeling for this one.

Hope all you mums and babies are doing well xx

Thanks for the update Beth. Hope all is well with you and you gorgeous boys.

Sarah - Sorry that this wasn't your month sweetie. Hope this cycle is lucky for you. End of September was lucky for me last year. So fx'd it is for you too.

Love L.xxx

Sarah, good luck this cycle hun! I'm sorry about this month. 6 seems like a positive number, though ;)

Girls, now I totally realize why the slow updates from you all :dohh: So much respect to all of you and double for you, Lucy! I haven't slept for more than 2.5 consecutive hours since I was admitted to the hospital. There is definitely some insomnia going on, I'm not even tired- but I wish I was!

The first 20 hours of my hospital stay were pretty crappy, more so the last 10 of those. I was admitted at 11am. They gave me Cervidil at 1pm which did nothing aside from give me contractions, and they started Pitocin at 1am the next morning to help me along. I went pain-med free until about 5am when I asked for something, they gave me morphine which did NOT help! I could have more at 7, and about 8 or 9 I was getting a bit desperate after what was nearing 19 hours of contractions. I asked for something more, but was denied because of the possibility of a c-section. At 10am one of the doctors who I can now say was a total bitch came in to check how I was progressing, shoved her hand in me, snapped at me for pulling away slightly, and then broke my water with almost no warning or explanation about what she was doing or telling me if I had progressed at all (I had gone up to 1.5cm, but thinned slightly the nurse told me). I could feel the waters running down my legs and instantly the contractions got intense and less than a minute apart. She left without saying much, fuck I wanted to strangle her. I was actively dialating so they offered me the epidural, which I quickly accepted. DH helped me through about 20 minutes of insane contractions before the anesthesiologist got there. The epidural wasn't bad at all, but it only took to one side! I was having all those bad contractions on the right side of my body. He redid it, and thankfully it took completely.

30 amazing nearly pain-free minutes later, the nurse checked me and said "you aren't going to believe this" - DH and I both said later we thought she'd say I still hadn't progressed. She then told me I was 8-9cm! She went to get my (usual, and awesome) doctor. A few minutes later she came in and I was feeling the pressure to push. My doctor said when that pressure goes up another notch, get the nurse. They started putting the room together for delivery, wheeling things in, rolling in lights. About 5-10 minutes later that pressure got worse, I was checked, and I was a full 10cm and ready to push.

The nurse helped me push for about 7 minutes before the doctor came into the room. She watched me push a bit and told me to STOP about two pushes in, baby was coming and she hadn't gotten on all of her gear! I spent another 5 minutes pushing and little Matilda Jean was born :cloud9: She cried immediately, I cried, DH started to cry. Delivering her did not hurt one bit thanks to the epidural, and I could still move my legs quite a bit. No epi headache, and she was bright, loud, and alert when she was born. She came out with her hands on her cheeks which gave me a slight abrasion right near my urethra, it took a couple stitches to put me back together, not too bad but it hurt like CRAZY to pee for two days. I scarfed a cheeseburger after she was sent to the nursery, all I had in about 30 hours were two Popsicles and two clear sodas.

A lot has happened in between then and now, we spent 48 hours in the hospital after birth. Mattie came home a bit jaundiced so we did home phototherapy for 18 hours and she is now 100% on the mend and looking a ton better. We're just getting her a little natural light now.

She is BF'ing better every day, the jaundice made her really tired all the time so we syringed my milk to her and we are doing that less and less now. I am producing like a cow!! Unfortunately leaking all over the place right now.

Anyway, I am totally in love with her and have such a hard time even being in a different room than her. Other than the jaundice she is perfeclty healthy, and already 2oz over her birth weight! She was 5lbs 4.6oz leaving the hospital on the 16th and 5lbs 10oz yesterday. Here's a photo of her sunbathing :) I've been told her cord is really long?
https://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc399/menagerie_mom/-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->