Wiget's Kitties Bump Buddies!

Congratulations on your weight loss ladies!!! :thumbup: 9 lbs is fabulous, Sarah. :thumbup:Beth I went through a spell of about 3 weeks where i didn't shift a lb and then suddenly started losing about 2 lb a week again, the breast feeding def helps. :happydance:I'm well chuffed today, coz i got back into my pre-preg jeans :happydance: - it's the first time i've been brave enough to try them. I put on all 5 pairs, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. :haha:

Bailey - I'm pleased to hear that the bf is going well - Mya did the cluster feeding thing too. One night she was on for 10 hours, it was the biggest test of my resolve ever and I too tried the dummy, unfortunately she screamed the place down so I quickly learned to bf in the lying down position and thank my stars that i was wise enough to have bought a good few tubes of nipple cream.

Sarah - I hope this is your cycle sweetie. Love, hugs and lots of :dust:

It's been so nice to see our little thread a bit more active again. Does anyone keep in touch with Helen? She is the only one of us that doesn't seem to be on facebook. Was wondering how she's getting on with little Abigail? If any of you do speak to her tell her I said hi, and hope to here from her soon.

Love to you all.

Laura.xxx

i text her the other day hun, both her and abigail are doing great but she doesnt have any internet at the mo. she has lost 2.5 stone since having her.

great news about the jeans, i hope i can start shifting a bit more, i really want to lose callums baby weight too.

josh doesnt seam to have had a growth spurt he just piles on the weight full stop. but i always feed laid down on a night, started it to deal with the over supply issues.

Well done on the jeans Laura. That is pretty impressive! I would be doing cartwheels after such a short time.

Glad Helen and Abigail doing well - send my love when you next text her Beth x

Great news on the b/f bailey!

Ok so I want to see some up to date baby pics in here - cmon - get posting your babies girls.

I am resigning myself to the fact that the BFP will happen when it happens so am much more relaxed. Had a weird positive feeling today though which is a good sign. I am only 2dpo though so a long time to go before testing.

I am off down to London at the weekend and am hoping that will take my mind off the idea of testing - aim to test on 12th so will be definitely in here that day with an update. Hope it is good news...

Everything crossed for you Sarah!

Laura please share your positioning for BF'ing laying down! I've tried doing it while we are both laying facing each other on the bed but I feel like my boobs don't bend that way :( We've successfully done it once with her laying on her side across my stomach. Do you get more options for positions when your LOs are bigger?

I cannot latch her without the light on and often start falling asleep while doing it, night time is definitely the hard spot right now. She's been asleep pretty much all day only waking to eat so I know it's going to be a long night.

Hi Bailey - Hope you got some sleep last night, sweetie! Here's how I get into position for night feeds - lie on my side with my lower arm placed out in front of me, above Mya's head. Mya's nose level with my nipple and i usually hold the breast in position for her with my upper arm. Hope this helps, if not let me know and i'll post a pic. As Sarah says your avatar pic is beautiful!!!

Beth - Thanks for the update on Helen and Abigale. I'm pleased to hear they're doing well. I think all Mya's food is going to her legs, she's just so long!!! Nearly as tall as my friends little girl and she's 10 months!!!

Sarah - I'm glad you're feeling positive hun and i hope you have a fab time in London. I love it there, must get down there soon, it's been over a year since i went. My Mum went the other week and bought back a musical teddy from Harrods for Mya - very lucky little girl! She loves it though it sings "you are my sunshine".

Here's a couple of pics of Mya, as requested.

Love Laura.xxx

Attachments

• M11.jpg
    M11.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 2
  • M1.jpg
    M1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Mya & Layla.jpg
    Mya & Layla.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1
Thank you Sarah :) That's one they took at the hospital, she was so tiny!

Laura, Mya is the most beautiful little girl! That pic of her smiling is so adorable.

I assume you are using the top breast? I guess my problem is that when I roll onto my side, the actual breast rolls in the right position, but my nipple tends to point too far up toward the ceiling so she can't reach it. I may need to try again when I'm a bit softer - I've been getting engorged the last late nights and mornings.

Poor girl is so congested, too :( It's part of the reason she isn't sleeping so well at night. Broke out the bulb syringe and saline drops for her, they help for a little bit but I have to do it many times a day. Hope it passes soon!

laura, mya is looking so gorgeous.

bailey, hope mattie feels better soon, josh was full of cold last week and has a right cough at the mo. i had to delay his jabs til mon with him not being well.

think you will all have seen my updated pics of fb. so wont bore you with them again.

i ve e mailed the nearest milk bank to me about donating some breast milk, waiting to hear back from them so i can get the ball rolling.

hi girls :)

hope your all well :) sorry i havent been online got no internet still, on parents at the moment.

me & abigail are just fine, she got weighed today shes now 8lb10 & a half :cloud9: shes now 6 weeks old :thumbup:

ive been in and out of hospital again with my gallstones i have pancretitis which is severe and can be life threatening :( i now have a date for 21st of this month to have surgery as long as my pancrease isnt inflamed i can have the operation :cry:

ive lost 3 and a half stone since having abigail n not eating because i cant as it sets me off and i end up in hospital for a week in pain =/

anyways ill post a few pics of abigail.

thanks for asking about me & ill pop on again soon :thumbup:

Attachments

• P9170069.jpg
    P9170069.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 5
  • P9170047.jpg
    P9170047.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 4
  • P8280227.jpg
    P8280227.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1
  • P9030023.jpg
    P9030023.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 2
  • P9230006.jpg
    P9230006.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 3
awe look how gorgeous she is.

sorry your health still isnt great roll on the 21st so you can get the op over with and then start to fully enjoy life as a mummy.

Aww Helen what a beautiful and lucky girl!! Congrats again hun. I'm really sorry to hear about the medical issues, I hope your surgery helps you feel better and get healing. You've gone through so much during your pregnancy and for her first few weeks :(

Doctor's appointment tomorrow, was up all night with congested Mattie ... she wasn't really fussy at all and no fever, but she spent all evening comfort suckling and sounding awful. Headed out this evening to buy a humidifier for her. This sucks!! I feel terrible for her.

Laura I did finally get the laying down to work last night with the bottom breast, I feel like an idiot now :dohh:, but it was so much nicer than sitting up at night.

Bailey - yeah its the bottom breast I use too, I'd have to lie over her to get it to work with the top one. I much prefer feeding in the lying position, I think mya prefers it too, as she doesn't need to be handled as much.

Helen - its lovely to hear from you sweetie! Sorry to hear about your medical issues, best of luck for 21st, I hope everything gets sorted so you can enjoy being a mummy. I can't believe that abigale is six weeks already, she is so beautiful - tiny compared to Mya now, she's 14 weeks and 13lbs 4 oz. Hope you get your internet sorted soon. Take care & hope you get well soon.

Love Laura.xxx

Ugh what a whirlwind of a morning! In good news, I've lost exactly 30lbs since giving birth :wacko: but I'm not complaining! In bad news, they found cells on my placenta that indicate I may have an autoimmune disease. Not something I wanted to hear since my father has psoriasis. And if I do have something, I don't have the medical insurance to cover it. I had maternity coverage only and Mattie's birth and hospital stay was $14,000 itself! Blech!

How is everybody else doing? Any news Sarah?

We need more photos!

Awww sorry Bailey x

No news this month - now 12dpo and no hint of a bfp so looks like cycle 7 for me - on a positive it was cycle 7 and also November that I conceived Evelyn - on a negative I will be going through the same stages of pregnancy at the same time as I was with her which may not be the best for my mental health!

i would imagin no matter what time that bfp comes it will still be hard to go through the stages so might as well be sooner than later.

sorry to hear the potential health problems bailey, hope all is ok. our health systems has its problems but id hate to be without it.

afm

im now lighter than when i concieved josh. lost 5lb in 2 weeks yay, my aim is to loss another 5lb by my 30th beginning of dec.

i am waiting for a pack to come through the post so i can start donating breast milk to the local milk bank to help out premature babies. realy looking forward to getting started.

Beth, donating milk is a wonderful thing to do. Good for you xx

And well done on the weightloss hun

What date is your birthday?

im at my friends birthday party this evening so will be busy at 7pm so i ve lit my candle early for national infant and baby loss day.

thinking of precious evelyn and all the other babies that were too special for this world.

Attachments

• IMAG0479.jpg
    IMAG0479.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 2
Such a lovely thing to do Beth xxx

Thank you babe - means a lot - crying happy tears :')

Though I have crappy candles, this is for Evelyn, my wee one, and all the other babies gone too soon :cry:

https://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc399/menagerie_mom/-4-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->