• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will be 37 due in April 2016 anyone else?

We may be getting some snow here in Scotland too. Hoping not as thought we may go looking for pushchairs on Sunday :)

Q, Orion is actually a very old name--it's after the Greek mythological figure (and the constellation named after it). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_(mythology) but I like that it sounds new unlike, say, Odysseus or something!

I like Xander as well as Zander. I haven't seen the Sander spelling as much around here anyway.

All, I hear you on the boy/girl issue. I was sort of hoping for two girls because one is so much fun... but I'm coming around to the boy situation. I think I'll feel tempted to try for one more girl but I think 2 children will be plenty for us to handle. I don't know how you do it!

Q, Orion is actually a very old name--it's after the Greek mythological figure (and the constellation named after it). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_(mythology) but I like that it sounds new unlike, say, Odysseus or something!

I like Xander as well as Zander. I haven't seen the Sander spelling as much around here anyway.

All, I hear you on the boy/girl issue. I was sort of hoping for two girls because one is so much fun... but I'm coming around to the boy situation. I think I'll feel tempted to try for one more girl but I think 2 children will be plenty for us to handle. I don't know how you do it!

Honestly I found it easier after three...as they all play together. But I get overwhelmed just like I did with two. My first two were so close together (17-18 months apart) I found that so dang hard. I honestly wouldn't know my life any other way.:thumbup:

So we found out that my DH was laid off, with no notice. Right before Xmas you kidding?:nope: This is stress we don't need.

Honestly I found it easier after three...as they all play together. But I get overwhelmed just like I did with two. My first two were so close together (17-18 months apart) I found that so dang hard. I honestly wouldn't know my life any other way.:thumbup:

So we found out that my DH was laid off, with no notice. Right before Xmas you kidding?:nope: This is stress we don't need.

Oh no, that's very stressful. Last thing you need right now.

Whereabouts are you based and what does hubby do?

We live in Saskatchewan Canada, which has absolutely no shortage of work. Actually there is loads of work to be had. Just he is stubborn.....I explained it all on my journal. I giant huge rant from me..... :sad1: Just not what we needed right now.

I'll have a read of your journal. Hope he finds something soon then. Guess it stings a bit getting laid off though.

Oh, that really sucks! I hope he's OK & that you are OK too! I'll check in with yr journal. Don't let it ruin Xmass. We're doing a giftless holiday season this year. Not sure if that would go down well in your family, but it helps refocus on what holidayseason is about. My oh & I don't spend a lot of time together so I'm counting on the holidays to reconnect.

Qmama reconnecting is what I think the holidays are all about. I'm glad you and your dh will be focusing on eachother. :thumbup:

We live in Saskatchewan Canada, which has absolutely no shortage of work. Actually there is loads of work to be had. Just he is stubborn.....I explained it all on my journal. I giant huge rant from me..... :sad1: Just not what we needed right now.

So sorry to hear about your situation before Xmas, that is terrible I would stress as well.... :hugs:

I hope it works out and he realizes being stubborn is not a great approach!!

Had my prenatal appointment today. Gained 15lbs already... Feeling like a whale at 22 weeks! My belly is actually already in my way. I'm not tall, & I'm all belly already. It annoyes me.

I think by 40 weeks I will be so big that if I move my head the wrong way I will fall on my face. I am already as big as I was at 30 +weeks with my last. I'm in so much trouble. Like you Q I am a short person so I have a smal torso. So not place to go but out.

Had my prenatal appointment today. Gained 15lbs already... Feeling like a whale at 22 weeks! My belly is actually already in my way. I'm not tall, & I'm all belly already. It annoyes me.

I am sure you look great!! You body is now very used to having babies so I bet its just because of that!! :flower:

Happy Thanksgiving to all you ladies!! I hope you have a wonderful holiday for those of you who celebrate! And for those who don't I hope your day is wonderful as well!! I hope everyone is feeling well and babies are growing happy and healthy!

Happy thanksgiving to you too. Hubby's birthday today and I'm away in England on a course. Timing couldn't be better. Oops. Back tomorrow. Making the most of an early finish and going to get myself a very early night as a treat to myself. I know how to love don't I, haha.

I think by 40 weeks I will be so big that if I move my head the wrong way I will fall on my face. I am already as big as I was at 30 +weeks with my last. I'm in so much trouble. Like you Q I am a short person so I have a smal torso. So not place to go but out.

Very funny!!

Does anyone feel their belly? I mean, really feel baby's head or bodyparts ? It freaks me out to think of doing that. I feel him regularly, but only at my pubic bone & at ultrasound his head was near my belly button. It just feels so uncomfortable to push down slightly on my belly. Have you tried?

I have felt my LO a couple times from the outside. My 5 yr old thought that it was so cool. My DH is so excited to try and feel him too. And yes it is a bit uncomfortable they stick out a bit and then to put slight pressure on them.

I haven't tried it, but I have an anterior placenta so not sure if it would work. Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate!

I like the idea of a giftless Christmas and focussing on other things. My mother and mother in law both tend to be shopaholics so there's really no need to just add to it all with more gifts. My daughter's 2. What does she really need? I haven't done any shopping yet and kind of want to keep it low key... but then my mom's already shipping stuff from Amazon to my house because they are coming here for Xmas. Including a giant playhouse for my daughter. I know, first world problem....

I haven't tried it, but I have an anterior placenta so not sure if it would work. Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate!

I like the idea of a giftless Christmas and focussing on other things. My mother and mother in law both tend to be shopaholics so there's really no need to just add to it all with more gifts. My daughter's 2. What does she really need? I haven't done any shopping yet and kind of want to keep it low key... but then my mom's already shipping stuff from Amazon to my house because they are coming here for Xmas. Including a giant playhouse for my daughter. I know, first world problem....

That's funny. Last year my 2 yr old got so many presents that he got bored opening them!!! Granny left about 5-6 presents fr him on her October visit. He'll get the big one on Xmass day & then 1 every morning until there are no more. They get so overwhelmed otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->