• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will be 37 due in April 2016 anyone else?

Penelope J: You are funny! I'm imagining a pile of presents filling a whole room!

I'm glad it's just us fr Christmas. Us and Skype on Christmas morning. Then friends in the afternoon fr a afternoon Tea & Cookies, followed by a Panto on boxing day & a meal with two other families with young kids at our place. That's busy enough fr me. Looking forward to it.

My neighbor invited herself into my labor room today. "Don't worry, I won't look down THERE", she said. Needless to say that I told her that that would be a no-go. That even my mother, who probably will be staying at our house at that time, isn't allowed to come until invited.
I don't even want any visitors really. But neighbour used to work at the mat ward & she just retired. She told me the nurses would get me the best room... She means well, but I'd like to keep her OUT & AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE. Hahaha! I don't know what I'll do if she shows. I don't think I would be able to be civilized if she sticks her head through the door during a contraction.

I have had people say that to me too. Though then again I think I have offered my help too :blush: I have always wanted to help out like that but I know it is not my place....still think it would be cool just to see the other side of things.....like from dh point of view. :haha: Guess he will just have to get pg so I can find out :rofl:

Penelope ah I don't think you are crazy to think a surprise baby even at that age would be great. I am friends with a group of older ladies that have a hoard like me and I am sure secretly they all wish to have another....:winkwink:

Funny how people who work in hospitals assume their presence will be absolutely fine despite probably have been responsible for telling others (mainly MiL's) that they have to wait outside.

I'm thinking about using the Christmas or new year break to decorate the nursery. Nothing planned and no visitors to look after. As DH can't do it I'm thinking may do it sooner rather than later whilst I can still climb the ladders. Now we know what we are having I have a clear imagine in my head as to how I want the room. Anyone else started their nurserys yet?

My daughter's room will become the nursery. I designed it in gender netural colors for that reason. So it's her "big girl" room that I have to set up. I picked out the bedspread but want to maybe paint. The big task is to set up her bed--we got an Ikea bunk bed and I want to make it into a little fort kind of space with curtains on the bottom. I'm hoping she will like that. We transitioned her to a toddler bed (her crib converts to a little bed) but after a trip about a month ago she has been insisting on sleeping in her Pack 'n Play.

Hopefully your dd will be excited about her new room and the trip will be forgotten.

Pj I think your footer has got stuck with its calcs. Surely you should have less days to go than me not 100 more, lol.

My daughter's room will become the nursery. I designed it in gender netural colors for that reason. So it's her "big girl" room that I have to set up. I picked out the bedspread but want to maybe paint. The big task is to set up her bed--we got an Ikea bunk bed and I want to make it into a little fort kind of space with curtains on the bottom. I'm hoping she will like that. We transitioned her to a toddler bed (her crib converts to a little bed) but after a trip about a month ago she has been insisting on sleeping in her Pack 'n Play.

What bed did you get? We'd like to get a bunk. I saw Ikea hacks on Pinterest and they look awesome! I think it would be great. We are considering 1 boys bedroom and 1 play-activity room, hoping fr a good baby that loves sleeping at night. There is no rush. Baby sleeps in pach&play fr a good few months before moving into my son's crib/toddler bed... My son is still sleeping in his first bed (no rails of course) as it fits fine!

Thanks ladies. I really do hope so :)
Had our scan this morning and we are team blue. All going well and no issues detected. Looking healthy so far. He was being awkward though. Kept using its hand to block nose pics and hiding when she tried to get the face. Decided to start kicking when legs being looked at too. Think he's camera shy, lol.

Congrats on the boy so what name will you go with now? i am glad everything was good and my baby as well does not behave well for US, she did however last one to give the thumbs up. :flower:

I think parenting fr fathers is different all together. I don't mind it that he didn't get too involved at the baby stage, I'm pretty happy he's good now though. We have different styles, but agree on boundaries & vision. But owh... It's hard to let go & let oh be a parent without me butting in, but I realize that I have to. He'll take on his father role more and more with this baby on the way & he needs to feel capable & confident. And Finley needs to know that daddy is in charge too. It's more of an exercise fr me in letting go when OH plays with Finley. It's hard.

After birth oh will have vasectomy & we'll be more relaxed I think in our S-life. We didn't use birth control as I had quite a bit of side effects with different options. So, our S-life was distorted by counting & pulling out. Finley wasn't planned & this one was conceived a week after agreeing to try fr 1 year. I'm so looking forward to the stage of not worrying about pregnancy. I apologize fr my straightforwardness.

My OH is looking into vasectomy, trying to find a good one in our area... I think it would be better for him to get the snip them me having to go through more surgery seeing that I will have to have my bladder fixed...

I have decided to get my daughter a twin bed to start her journey in a "big girl" room. The new babies room is going to be the new nursery, which will have to be painted as before kids it was my relax room, it was painted dark I would read in there and had a spare bed set up. Now its full of toys which my daughter loves she is in for a big surprise when I take it all out and it goes in her room which is the whole upstairs. Originally we were remodeling it to be a super awesome master bedroom, but I got pregnant and it became her room. Its huge and we are finishing the bathroom this winter and she will have it all. Which is good so now the new babies room will be right next to ours so i don't have to go up and down stairs this time around. No theme as of yet, but I should get moving maybe over the holidays I have a week off the last week of the year!

We think it'll be Erik Terry. We've changed our minds from original middle name. Erik was the friend that passed away who was with us when DH had his accident. And terry was his fathers name who sadly died from cancer 5 years ago. He was a big supporter of our IVF journey and it's sad he's not here to see we got there in the end.

We think it'll be Erik Terry. We've changed our minds from original middle name. Erik was the friend that passed away who was with us when DH had his accident. And terry was his fathers name who sadly died from cancer 5 years ago. He was a big supporter of our IVF journey and it's sad he's not here to see we got there in the end.

Love that your name has a real story! Erik is a lovely name!

I have decided to get my daughter a twin bed to start her journey in a "big girl" room. The new babies room is going to be the new nursery, which will have to be painted as before kids it was my relax room, it was painted dark I would read in there and had a spare bed set up. Now its full of toys which my daughter loves she is in for a big surprise when I take it all out and it goes in her room which is the whole upstairs. Originally we were remodeling it to be a super awesome master bedroom, but I got pregnant and it became her room. Its huge and we are finishing the bathroom this winter and she will have it all. Which is good so now the new babies room will be right next to ours so i don't have to go up and down stairs this time around. No theme as of yet, but I should get moving maybe over the holidays I have a week off the last week of the year!

I'm actually thinking of convincing oh to have a smaller room fr us & the bigger room fr our boys. We don't spend much time in our room & children will spend a lot of time in their rooms, esp as they get older. Not sure if I'll be able to convince him to though.

We got the Ikea Kura bed. There are lots of cool hacks for it, but DH and I are not super handy with woodwork and such.

Thanks for noticing my ticker--I never pay attention to the number, just the fruit!

Was thinking the Kura as well. OH would need to do the handy work though... Boys might be grown up by time he gets to it. (And I'd like him to clean up the carport first...)

I'm using the ticker as a countdown. Can't wait until into double figures :)

I'm using the ticker as a countdown. Can't wait until into double figures :)

Just what I was thinking! I must admit that I'm probably the worst stalker in BNB here. I've been reading third trimester posts with growing excitement. And I'm so happy that I'm not suffering first trimester symptoms anymore! I feel for the ladies with MS or ladies paralysed by fear of loss. Been there, done that.
Seems I'm 23 weeks forever this week, so I can't wait fr holidays & have friends visiting and making meals and enjoying time with my OH & son!! I'm planning to do every event possible here in Vancouver. My son is 3 now & a blast! It's so much fun to see him wonder and he just says the funniest things!

After the holidays I'll be in double figures!! Yippie, and then I'll start prepping freezer meals (stews, chicken pies, shepherds pie, soups, ...) Slowly filling it up fr the first weeks after delivery as hubbie doesn't really cook.

Filling the freezer sounds like a great idea. Will have to think about that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->