Will be 37 due in April 2016 anyone else?

Well if we all had personal coaches, professional shoppers, and chefs then we all would look as amazing as they do :haha:

My main fault to it all is the fact that I have to cook....most of the time I am cooking because I am starving and craving something....then I eat too much of one thing or another that isn't overly healthy. :haha: I know that portion can be another one of my evils.....:haha:

Full of cold here too. It's rotten isn't it. I'm a week into it and also grumpy.

I received my 28 week pack from the midwife last week and need to read through that. Hoping theirs some hints and tips for exercises for labour.

Anyone planning on taking raspberry leaf tea capsules in later stages?

I've been hearing good things about it. It's fr "toning" the cervix right for during labour?
I'm reading book by Ina May Gaskin. Sounds lovely, but quite unachievable given ewere doing hospital birth.

I spoke to one of the district nurses who visits my husband. She used to be a midwife. She and the other nurse who was with her both said they took the capsules pre labour. Apparently it makes uterus stronger and so when contractions start you can push more efficiently.... and it's speeds up the second stage of labour.

I just had a baby May 2015 and I was 40. You guys are awesome!

Well if we all had personal coaches, professional shoppers, and chefs then we all would look as amazing as they do :haha:

My main fault to it all is the fact that I have to cook....most of the time I am cooking because I am starving and craving something....then I eat too much of one thing or another that isn't overly healthy. :haha: I know that portion can be another one of my evils.....:haha:

I am hoping since I am on a pretty strick GD diet now I can keep it up and going after the fact but sneek in some tasty treats now and again. I have lost 2 pounds, gained back 1 and will continue to do so over the next 2 months. I think they drilled it into my head that if I don't watch myself then I will have some 12 pound baby lol... I am thinking of seeing if I can get a personal trainer for a month come May/June just to get me back on track so to speak, I was thinking of getting into running I hate running, I am that person if you see me running you should run too cause something bad is coming hahahahahaha....

I enjoy walking through our park, I did start running or more like a slow jog and was alright, not sure how it will work with two in toe though. My jogging stroller is only for one, so I may have to stick to walking for a while.

:rofl: about the "I hate running, I am that person if you see me running you should run too cause something bad is coming hahahahahaha...." :rofl:

Haha. I got into running when I signed up for some fundraising events. I'm not sure I could say I enjoyed it though. Initial plan is to start walking regularly with the pushchair and then see if I feel like taking up running again. Thankfully I've only grown for bump and rest of me seems to have stayed as it was so guess I'm doing ok. Just a total of a stone put on so far so I'm thinking it's all baby and water around it etc.

I'm heading for a relational crisis at the moment, so I think I won't gain too much in the next week. I'm pretty stressed & feel adrenaline rushing through my veins at the thought of being confrontational with my OH.

If things don't get sorted, then post pregnancy wise I'm sure the pounds will fly of due to stress. Probably the only benefit of a personal crisis.

I am very aggravated with my DH too. I feel you. Mine has been sleeping on the couch because I am not very happy with him.... :trouble:

Sorry, Q! I can relate. My dh is always proposing trips to places with water parks and amusement rides this summer, and I'm like--do I really want to spend the whole day walking around with an infant, nursing, trying to get him to nap, etc. while dh has fun with my toddler? Really, HE just wants to go to these places, I think.

I"m not doing any specific exercises but I have been sitting and leaning over my swiss ball. It seems to help when I start to feel tight or just uncomfortable. I've been meaning to start listening to my hypnobirthing tracks though. Must start doing that!

I'm going to ask my midwife about the raspberry leaf or anything else I should be doing.

As for the hospital bag, last time I overpacked and didn't really use much. I did like having my own gown and robe to put on after giving birth. I HATE hospital gowns and how they feel so uncomfortable. I wish I would have had more snacks for DH and I too. Other than that I just used the hospital stuff. One thing I did was put a heating pad by my bed at home, and I used that for the first week or two as I was healing. Oh, and I made some frozen pads to keep at home with witch hazel on them, and those were good.

Sorry you ladies are having a difficult time with your OH's. Qmama, does your DH not see why going for 3 weeks is an issue? could he take your 3yr old with him? A father and son trip...! And then you'd be managing one child each?

I really like Bekah's idea. That would make things so much easier for you and your son will get to do some really cool things!!

Sorry you ladies are having a difficult time with your OH's. Qmama, does your DH not see why going for 3 weeks is an issue? could he take your 3yr old with him? A father and son trip...! And then you'd be managing one child each?

Not a chance he'll consider that. He laughed it away. But I think I found a solution; I'm putting him in daycare fr the month of June. 3 days/week & the other days he's got preschool. That way, he gets fun and I can rest. I'm fully intending starting my own daycare up again in September, so I really want to focus on resting & recovering. It took 5-6 months last time to recover as I was ill, Finley had a slow start as a late premie & oh was working. OH can add $600-700 to his holiday bill for daycare. I wld never consider this normally, but since OH is taking liberties...

The way things are now, I'm considering giving birth alone. I even think I wld be less annoyed & more relaxed. We talked yesterday & not pleased with his self centered approach...its all about him. I feel he needs a real kick up the bum or even a trial separation ... I'm not crying or very emotional really, I just need to see him acting like a man, not a sulky teenager.

I'm not doing excersises yet & on doctor's visit they told me to really take it easy as slight change of repeat broken waters preterm. I'm still measuring a bit ahead, but doesn't mean much. Baby was transverse, but I feel he's moving all over the place.

Oh goodness Q :sad1: I also wish my DH would man up too. Sorry you are going through this. Though I am glad you figured out something.

Sounds like a very stressful time for you qmama, and just when you should be enjoying preparing for your new arrival.

Booking up the nursery sounds like a good idea.

What will your OH do if your new baby is very sickly? Would he look at cancelling the trip or go regardless? I'm just wondering if he is just being blazay about it all and thinks you'll cope fine or if he really is just being selfish and doing what suits him whatever the situation.

Sounds like a very stressful time for you qmama, and just when you should be enjoying preparing for your new arrival.

Booking up the nursery sounds like a good idea.

What will your OH do if your new baby is very sickly? Would he look at cancelling the trip or go regardless? I'm just wondering if he is just being blazay about it all and thinks you'll cope fine or if he really is just beinog selfish and doing what suits him whatever the situation.

What really bothers me is that he said that the first 4 months with Finley were horrible, which is true. So, that makes it okay to bugger of and leave me alone to cope this time around? And then he goes that he didnt really want this one. Oh dear...we're really in a pretty poor condition right now. We're obviously going to have to work through it, but if he has no intention of adjusting his attitude (wants to be a dad, but not a partner), then I'm seeking legal advice. He'll hate me for it, but apart from being a mum, I want to be happy as a person.

Please post some good news again...I'm desperate fr distraction.

Are the babies in position now?

:hug:

My LO is still sitting transverse but still time for him to move yet. I still feel like he has tons of room as I am not able to touch his whole body with in mine yet. I am finished washing all of his clothing, bags are almost completely packed, and today i am going to make him a blanket. :thumbup:

Bump can't make his mind up. One day he's head down and other days he's lying across me. Plenty of time yet for him to settle into head down position. I do need to get my hospital bag packed in the next few weeks.

How can you all tell where baby is sitting? I really have no idea. Sometimes I think I feel a round part that could be his head, but it could also be his bum. I feel kicks and jabs and movements all over the place. And when I feel my tummy it is very hard except for sometimes when he seems to be sticking out more and I can kind of tell, or occasionally if I'm lying flat on my back in the morning my tummy feels softer and I can sort of feel where he might be. I feel him very high up and very low down sometimes. Maybe it is partially because of the anterior placenta? But I could never tell for sure where dd was either. I have an appointment on Tuesday so I'm going to ask the midwife to help me figure it out.

I always have to ask too. The only time I really know he's not in the correct position is when he hiccups and its probably too high fr being upside down.

Allfrthegirl: are you nervous fr breech? Will they allow vaginal or is it automatic C-section?

Yes hiccups are a very good indicator of where baby is sitting. Another thing to check is if the round thing is sticking out give it a push if it moves independently from the rest of the body that will be baby's head.(my guys head does like circular head roll stretches so that is my giveaway) If it moves the whole body then that will be the bum.

I am sure he will turn yet. For some reason I am not worried about it. I have no idea as of yet what the procedure is about delivering breech at my hospital. I will ask at my next apt if he hasn't turned just yet. My next appt is on Wednesday.

This morning this little guy is actually on my right. His hiccups were felt high up on the right side. He has always favoured my left side so this is definitely different for us :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->