Will be 37 due in April 2016 anyone else?

I have a bath but it is shallow, so it isn't much of any help for me. :shrug:

Q~ I am glad that OH has made some effort for you. :thumbup: I am still waiting... :trouble:

I do have to mention that fr the first time ever, I've thrown a book at him. Seems I loose quite a few inhibitions in pregnancy when being pushed too far. He's not out of the woods though. I'm going to sign up fr counseling; definitely not convinced he'll trade in his adolescent lifestyle fr a balanced family & wife life. Don't want to be at same spot in three months again. I can see the sulking teenager in him when I mention he'll have no choice but to come.

I hope for your sake that he can grow out of that teenager phase and grow up some. I am working on my DH and I see some change but more fall back. But not finding a job is hard on anyone, but I am not letting him use that as an excuse for not working on life either.

I need to vent... So you ladies were aware of my struggle to find a name for my daughter... I post a couple weeks ago in the baby name section about the struggle of my name choices versus my husbands and how can we come to a decision. I provided the list of names.... The post did not get much attention until I updated it with "We have chosen Peyon and with a superbowl win that just puts the icing on the cake".... Well I have 2 people come back and tell me I am pretty much shaming my child becuase in 2003 Peyton Manning was involved in a sexual harassment case which nothing came out of and I should not name her after a man who harasses women... Seriously? Then another person said there is a boy in her nephews class name Peyton and they make fun of his name and call him "pee-ton"... Are you f-ing kidding me??

I am just so annoyed now, first off the name was always on my husbands list, I have always followed and loved Peyton Manning the athlete, it just worked out...

I wanted to tell each of those people to f off, I never asked for an opion on the name I just said we decided on one!!!! They didn't feel the need to chime in when I first posted just after the fact...

Ok rant done, I am going to try and calm down....

Maybe I will go home and blow up my ball and try to relax.

Try and brush off the comments hopeful. I think it's a lovely name. You'll always get opinionated people and at end of day if everyone liked the same name the world would be a very confusing place.

I hope for your sake that he can grow out of that teenager phase and grow up some. I am working on my DH and I see some change but more fall back. But not finding a job is hard on anyone, but I am not letting him use that as an excuse for not working on life either.

Being out of job is no doubt hard on everyone. Love your strong attitude. Your boys will pick up on that growing up! That's mainly why I'm really standing my ground at the moment.

Forget the comments!! We can all think of comments fr every name. Peyton is a very nice name!

I've chosen Quinn. I'm done asking oh fr his list. I know he likes Quinn as well, so done deal. Not even going to mention it until he's born unless oh suddenly feels the urge to discuss.

Gosh ladies, this 34 week mark has really started that whole relaxine thing, and I am feeling it like crazy. My pelvis is very angry :gun: I am having more and more problems walking. Resting either doesn't help either. I was not expecting it to be this bad. :sad1:

Hopeful~ some people have nothing better to do than to mess in others. Don't listen to them. I know it still hurts, but you need to find the confidence in yourself that you are proud of the name for your baby regardless of what others may say to you. :hugs:

People are so inconsiderate about names! I agree though--if you love it that is all that matters. Peyton is a common enough name now that I don't think most people will bat an eye, and kids can figure out a way of making fun of any name. Just ignore them!

My birth plan is to go to the center pretty soon after labor starts because I went from 0-8/9 cm overnight with my first. I took a while for her to be born after that--she was born at 7:00 p.m., but she had a big head and the cord was around her neck so I think she had trouble clicking into place, so to speak. I'm worried that this time it could go very quickly, so if the contractions are close together I'm going to head over. Then depending on how quickly things are going I hope to be in the tub or the shower if possible. With dd I was standing for a lot of it until I started pushing.

All, I'm feeling discomfort earlier this time, too. It's not too bad, but mostly in the pelvic area and then if I'm sitting for too long I get uncomfortable. I've been listening to my hypnobirthing tracks and I swear I feel better after that--more relaxed mentally as well as physically. If anyone is interested there are some you can just download. The one I do most is the "Rainbow Relaxation" one here: https://archive.org/details/HypnoBirthing. After talking you through general bodily relaxation it goes through each color of the rainbow. I listen to it before bed and I'm always asleep after the first couple of colors.

Jealous of birthing centers! We don't have one here. Would love to go to one as it seems so cozy. Going to do the hospital tour next week. Just to see what I need to bring so I can relax & labour in peace & to prepare my birthplan which will be short & to the point.

Yay the nursery is finished, crib been put together and hospital bag out ready for packing.

DH has ordered the wine racks for the wine store we've had built which means we can clear the alcohol out of the larder and move things like the ice cream maker and juicer into the larder to make space in the utility room for a tumble dryer and the bottle steriliser. All coming together nicely.

I'm painting the bunkbed fr my son right now. Dark blue. I'm hoping to have oh install it this weekend & go to Ikea to get mattresses & bedding. Another boring weekend fr OH (I'm a bit mean at the moment) But I want it done NOW! Then Finley will transition into his new room next week & I can finish of setting up fr baby.

Guess the sooner Finley's room is set up and he's moved the more chance he has of being settled before your next little one arrives.

I am getting a peeved at the moment with mine.....I am up every morning with our children and he stays up late and sleeps in and that bothers me with him not working. I am also mad at myself as i have enabled this myself too. As Z doesn't like his father all that much getting up with him. We have had episodes of screaming for a long time and then I am up anyways. I can't sleep through the boys screaming for me. Still would be nice to sleep in right?

I am getting a peeved at the moment with mine.....I am up every morning with our children and he stays up late and sleeps in and that bothers me with him not working. I am also mad at myself as i have enabled this myself too. As Z doesn't like his father all that much getting up with him. We have had episodes of screaming for a long time and then I am up anyways. I can't sleep through the boys screaming for me. Still would be nice to sleep in right?

It really would be nice if he can give you a relaxing Valentine. I kicked my OH out of bed today and told him I wld not lift a finger if he didn't get up first & make me coffee. Still a coffee addict...about two cups in morning.. I get the mother urge when oh is in charge & its chaos; try ear plugs! Soon you'll be so tired from baby that you ought to make most of now, especially since he's home. Maybe you can prep breakfast table, so oh can do breaky fr kids without your help?

We normally don't do Valentine, but since I'm demanding personal attention right now, I told him that we will honour it this year for first time ever! I got him a small gift (T-shirt & cup with 'love you' type thing on). It's not a dashing gift, but gotta start somewhere (remember that we don't gift fr Xmas or our birthdays). Who else has Valentine plans?

Qmama~ It would be nice but I am not expecting anything. My Bday is tomorrow too and also not excepting anything. I think my boys will do more for me than him. I woke up a decent mood but for the second time in a row he did not put food away and I WILL NOT cook a (fresh mind you, from his rents farm) chicken after it has been sitting out all day and night.....It was room temp this morning....nope not going to do it. So before DH had anything to say I told my eldest to go out and through it in the garbage....I am not chancing a freaking thing. Though I am sure he will wake up and bitch at me, but I am just going to put my hand up to him.

I worked late last night, good for the pocket book, but bad for the rest of me. Really though I was impressed I wasn't as sore as I thought I would be. It was really busy so I did a lot of running to the kitchen for the girls, making drinks and helping out with dishes. (we don't wash plates and things but we do wash our glassware in a mini dishwasher behind the bar.)

The part that got me was the fact that I was being hit with some very bad heart burn. I have been trying to up my iron, so changing the way I eat a bit (more vitC enriched foods too). I was very anemic the other day, so I am trying to tweak things so more iron is getting absorbed. So I was taking two pills (is what my Dr prescribed me previous pg) a day one around lunch and one at supper, with a chewable vitC. I am not sure if that was making me feel icky or if the brunch I had out with bestie was not sitting right, but I couldn't eat anything for the rest of the day.....I am going to go with the fact that it was more the brunch than pills, as they have NEVER bothered me before. On the bright side I don't feel anemic at all right now. :thumbup: Found this website that was very interesting for me about iron absorption. xhttp://www.parentingscience.com/iron-absorption.htmhttp://www.parentingscience.com/iron-absorption.html
i have been taking the Heme iron in pill form. They are more expensive for sure but I was taking them with my calcium pills :dohh: Guess I am not doing that anymore. :nope:

I hope you have a great Valentines day ladies!! <3 :flower:

Sounds like you ladies are having a stressful time with your OH's. Glad to read you're standing up for yourselves. The pregnancy hormones can be good for something, lol.

DH is working today so I've just been pottering around the house and now enjoying a nice soak. It's nice when he and his care team are out as mean so get some peace.

All, my midwife mentioned that my iron was lower than usual, too, so I'm taking Floradix upon her recommendation... and I've been having terrible heartburn too. Last night it was so bad I couldn't sleep--had to prop myself up. I guess I will try not taking it before bed and see if that helps. You are supposed to take it with food but I took it with a snack last night...

My DH is out of the dog house because he did all the laundry yesterday--I mean like probably 10 loads. We are at laundry basket zero! The best Valentine's present. We exchanged small gifts and went out for dim sum with his parents and brother/sister in law. Nom nom.

I've been having mild cramping yesterday and today. It seems better now but last night into this morning it was fairly persistent. I wouldn't say super painful, but enough to notice and feel uncomfortable. Is that what Braxton hicks feel like? I didn't really have them the first time.

Penelope~ I am glad you were put on iron, makes a world of a difference for me. Sounds like a nice Vday for you. Those cramping could be a type of BH or gastro, or a bit of dehydration. I always make sure I drink an extra glass of water just to make sure, as dehydration can really make things feel worse.

my DH is also a bit out of the dog house. He has been making an extra effort researching how to be a good birthing partner, and for my Bday yesterday he gave me a lovely card with very touching words. He also has been rubbing my back and hips, as i have been very uncomfortable the last few days. I always get this way when baby is almost here.

Nice that hubby is picking up the pace! Mine is treading lightly still & I have no intention of slacking my 'demands'. He got me a Valentine; didn't dare to refuse. Now I know I have to start having fun again, but prego belly is definitely in the way of fun right now.

Prego wise I'm really uncomfortable. Lightning crotch, waking with terrible pain everywhere in abdomen (I think baby just kicks me a lot when I sleep), more tired, groin pain, hips are hurting. Didn't have that with my first. Almost 34 weeks. Please let him come at 37-38 weeks. I don't think my body can take this beating much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->