Will be 37 due in April 2016 anyone else?

Funny, I haven't felt hiccups yet with this one, I don't think.... or maybe I haven't been paying attention! I got them all the time with DD. I think Peanut may be transverse today but who knows.

I tried to get some work done today sorting out the house but was stymied. I did give away a bunch of girl clothes but I still have three boxes of larger sizes. I just hate to donate the really cute stuff, but you don't get much money from consignment shops around here and listing stuff online seems like sort of a hassle... I have a few friends with little girls who are much younger so they won't be needing this stuff for a while.

I have two closets I want to clean out before baby comes. One is full of camping stuff that should really be in the basement but for some reason DH put it upstairs, and it is all too heavy for me to move at this point. And the other has random clothes and coats and I have to sort through that so I can store Peanut's stuff in there. I need to get DH into it and then he will help, but I hate bossing him around and he usually doesn't react well when I just tell him to do stuff.

He was head down today I think. I sometimes find it hard to stay standing (line up grocery store) & I actually spontaneously squat and that feels really like a relief. I actually do it every time I can't get a chair to sit & all the blood is just rushing straight into your belly and it feels sooo heavy.
I read about squatting as a labour position. Might try it out as I naturally do it already. What do you do when you feel you can't stand up any longer?

Penelope~ Have fun cleaning/nesting. I have days like that were that is all I do. I am sure I will have more :haha:

Qmama~ I get that heavy belly sensation A LOT!! It is very very annoying. If I can't sit then I find something to lean up against and do a mock all fours position so that my belly is hanging vs a part of me. So leaning against, facing down, on a counter or table or shopping cart. That usually helps me get my breath back. Then I can mossy on my way.

I'm finding the opposite. Sitting for too long is getting uncomfortable. I was pacing the bedroom last night trying to relieve back ache. Helped for a while. I've also started stretching to relieve pain too.

May have to speak to my midwife about a support band as wonder if it isn't the weight of bump that's causing it.

Sounds like a very stressful time for you qmama, and just when you should be enjoying preparing for your new arrival.

Booking up the nursery sounds like a good idea.

What will your OH do if your new baby is very sickly? Would he look at cancelling the trip or go regardless? I'm just wondering if he is just being blazay about it all and thinks you'll cope fine or if he really is just beinog selfish and doing what suits him whatever the situation.

What really bothers me is that he said that the first 4 months with Finley were horrible, which is true. So, that makes it okay to bugger of and leave me alone to cope this time around? And then he goes that he didnt really want this one. Oh dear...we're really in a pretty poor condition right now. We're obviously going to have to work through it, but if he has no intention of adjusting his attitude (wants to be a dad, but not a partner), then I'm seeking legal advice. He'll hate me for it, but apart from being a mum, I want to be happy as a person.

Please post some good news again...I'm desperate fr distraction.

Are the babies in position now?

I am so sorry you have to deal with this and a sulky teenage MAN!! I think I would have real issues if his response to me was "well I didn't really want this one" you are a better woman than me because I most likely would have asked him to leave to think about what he wants and I would have contacted a lawyer.

You deserve to be happy in anything you do, a mom, a wife, a friend and most important inside. I hope you can find some peace with in and some happiness that comes with resolution.

You asked for good news, well we agreed on a name!! Her name will be Peyton Everly!! I just need my most favorite NFL star to win the Superbowl yesterday and victory was mine!!! hahahahahaha

I find I have bad back pain by the end of the day... I work in an office environment with a desk and sort of ok supported chair.

Has anyone's feet or hands swelled up? I notice if I am on my feet all day doing things my shoes are tight by days end and to put them up makes me feel well.

Well Peyton Everly's room (yay a name) has been painted, I cleaned the carpet and we are hanging her valance today and moving in the crib!! 2 months to go and i am getting very nervous. I am a sometimes very super sensitive person and what is really bothering me is upsetting Emery when bringing home a new baby which will require my attention a lot. As of now Emery is my life I can't imagine loving someone else as much so I am a bit scared... Example, we got our first dog and then I wanted a second because the first became my husbands hunting dog, so I wanted my own and brought him home and cried because I thought I upset my first dog.lol So fast forward brought Emery home and I cried because I thought I upset the dogs. Which of course all has worked out.

How did you ladies with more children do this, do I sound terrible?

Lovely name hopeful :)

I'm a bit over sensitive too. I'm worrying about how my cats will cope with a baby in the house. No idea how you guys handle children's emotions. 😂

Love the name :flower:

I'm actually really worried about my younger two. My 6 yr old is having some issues at school misbehaving and such and my youngest is still so dependent on me. So how to handle it? I don't know. Day by day I guess :shrug:

Well, Peyton is a win for you and for me! No Cam for my baby boy. ;)

I'm finding it more difficult when I sit for a while, like Bekah. I feel pressure low down and then need to stretch or walk around or try yoga positions like downward dog to relieve some of the pressure. Walking has been okay so far--I just can't plan to get anywhere as quickly as usual!

I'm a bit worried about bringing the new baby home but am just trying to prepare my daughter for it. We talk about the new baby and read "I'm a big sister" books, and I hope I'll be able to make sure she still gets set times with mommy and daddy.

Did I tell you all about how she offered to give her blankie to the new baby, and she would use another blankie (her less favorite one)? It was very sweet, but then she woke up that night crying about baby brother and blankie. So I showed her the blanket I knit for the new baby and where he will sleep and tried to reassure her.

Aww, that's very sweet and thoughtful of your little girl to offer up her blankie. Hope seeing she didn't need to reassured her.

That is very sweet I think with all of us who have kids, until the "new baby" is home they have no clue what to expect unless they gace gone through it before... Emery asked me the other day if she could go in my belly and see her baby sister... I told her no that she was there before and soon enough she will get to meet her. We did let her help put the crib toegher with us last night and she was so happy.

Ok I have never done any "exercise" to prepare for labour, what can I do?

I have only tried yoga in the past....other than that I am not sure other than squatting real low.....:shrug:

I honestly don't know if any of this stuff really helps, but they say bouncing on a swiss ball or leaning over it (or any hands and knees type positions) can help get baby in the right position. I guess that is different from trying to prepare your muscles for labor. I've just heard squatting, but I think that only applies if you plan on squatting to give birth. I tried that with DD and it really wore me out, so I'm not planning that again. At the birthing center they have birthing stools, or you can go in the tub or shower, so that's what I'm planning on doing.

Oh, and this is TMI, but at my birth class they recommended perineal massage. I tried it once and it hurt so I didn't do it again, but it is supposed to help prevent tearing.

My midwife has recommended perineal massage too. Think from 34 weeks. Last night at my first of four anti natal classes we were told about pelvic tilt exercises to help ease pain, and also about using a Swiss ball for pressure relief and baby positioning.

Pelvic floor exercises were emphasised to help prevent leakages post pregnancy. Light breathing techniques for the head crowning stage to help reduce risk of a year and also diaphragm breathing to help with the hard pushing stage.

DH's were taught some massages they can do to help relieve pain on build up and also during labour.

Interesting. I think to try out different positions & see what works fr me. Definitely Yoga, as I feel I might benefit from relaxing into comfi positions & I need to create down time. Got a ball today, but honestly not a fan of sitting on it. I kind of like hugging it, that's about it.
Got myself a tiny low three legged camping seat (almost feels like squatting!) fr sitting when I drop of kid at preschool as there is nowhere to sit & after walking I'm ready to pass out if I don't sit. It's tiny but so comfi, its my new best friend. The best dollar store buy ever!!

Not sure about perineal massage. I feel I'm mentally not there yet. Got too much stuff to do!

My friend did tell me about Physio for pelvic floor after birth & I think I'll do that. My pv has been a lot weaker since Finley's birth, so after this one I'll work to get it 'fit' again. I don't want to pee on myself every time I sneeze or run to the toilet as if I'm still prego every 35 mins...

OH has come home with flowers today...its a start.

I overdid it today. Dragged a bed & mattress from one to the next room as I'm too stubborn to ask my OH. The room fr my oldest is almost ready, just need to paint his bed so he can transition into that room. Moved a single bed into the nursery. Put the changing table into the washroom. Getting the set up done fr the little one. Then I shaved our dog, walked fr an hour to drop of/pick up son at preschool. Result: hard belly the rest of the afternoon.

I think the main thing is that I'll try to stay upright in labour & move into the most comfi position during contractions & rest in between. My first labour was fully restricted & I'm going fr another experience. That is of course if all starts of well this time around! Full term, preferably starting in early morning (I'm a good sleeper) & having labour at home fr as long as possible (5 mins to hospital!) & straight into Delivery Room at hospital. Have you made any plans yet?

I'm a bit jealous of birthing centers. We don't have any here... I would love the opportunity to birth there.

Glad your OH has started to make an effort Qmama.

That sounds like a lot of work in one day. Try and not overdo it.

I'm hoping to start naturally before my 40 weeks or I'll be induced and I'm liking the idea of using the birthing pool. I find hot baths so relaxing and thought that would help me manage the pain.

Glad your OH has started to make an effort Qmama.

That sounds like a lot of work in one day. Try and not overdo it.

I'm hoping to start naturally before my 40 weeks or I'll be induced and I'm liking the idea of using the birthing pool. I find hot baths so relaxing and thought that would help me manage the pain.

Lucky you! I don't have a bath at home. Only a shower. Love the shower though...not sure if I cld manage sitting in a bath anymore...

I have a bath but it is shallow, so it isn't much of any help for me. :shrug:

Q~ I am glad that OH has made some effort for you. :thumbup: I am still waiting... :trouble:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->