Will be 37 due in April 2016 anyone else?

Some people swear by evening primrose oil to help bring labour on. Maybe worth a try for you at 37 weeks qmama?

Nice that hubby is picking up the pace! Mine is treading lightly still & I have no intention of slacking my 'demands'. He got me a Valentine; didn't dare to refuse. Now I know I have to start having fun again, but prego belly is definitely in the way of fun right now.

Prego wise I'm really uncomfortable. Lightning crotch, waking with terrible pain everywhere in abdomen (I think baby just kicks me a lot when I sleep), more tired, groin pain, hips are hurting. Didn't have that with my first. Almost 34 weeks. Please let him come at 37-38 weeks. I don't think my body can take this beating much longer.

I am not slacking on mine either. He knows it too. :haha: He was allowed back into our bed but I had a list of demands for him and he agreed with me. As he knows he will be back on the couch the moment any of them aren't consistent. :trouble:

I had a prenatal massage yesterday and it was so freaking amazing. If you're feeling that way I would totally suggest it if you can get away. I wasn't moving well at all and so super uncomfortable. I slept better and I am walking like I was a few weeks back. I feel great. I am positive it will help baby move through the canal better if my muscles are more relaxed.

We went to a birthing class tonight (just a refresher course) and practiced some good massage techniques and ways to alleviate pressure. Some of them were similar to the ones on this site: https://spinningbabies.com/learn-more/techniques/

They are all ways to help the baby get in the right position but also help with discomfort. We practiced using a rebozo just to lift up the weight from the belly and take pressure of the hips, and that felt good!

I was glad we did the class but the question will be whether we can remember to do any of those things when the time comes...

Allfrthegirl: you've got less than 3 weeks to go!! I can't believe how fast it's going!! You might be up first of this little group. Very exciting!!

Qmama~ Well I will tell you I do not want to feeling like this until closer to April that is for sure......though I know it is completely possible....my last was a week late.

Exciting times. I cant wait for the first of our group to have their baby.

Well so with all this complaining I actually feel like nothing is going to happen any time soon. I am feeling way too good to be going into labour!

It is getting close! Doing the birthing class made it all seem much more real to me. Still so much to do! I did start packing my hospital bag, though.

I'm slowly getting to packing it! Treated my son to a Spiderman T-shirt, baby to some sleepers & myself to 3 nursing/wide t-shirts apres birth today.

What are you wearing during labour? I can not fr the life of me remember what I wore last time.
And... I've not managed to maintain 'trimmed' down below. How do you manage?

My bags are packed and ready to go. I treated myself to some new bras. They are comfy and can be worn in bed or not. Perfect for me. I do not wear underwire bra while nursing.

As for trimming I got dh to trim mine. I'm sure it will have to happen again soon. I tried to do it myself but cut and started to bleed. I was going to go for waxing but now I'm scared :haha:

I managed to trim mine in the bath, wasn't easy as doing it without being able to see but turned out OK.

Disappointed that I'll be unlikely to have a water birth. Turns out my labour will be medically supervised 'red' so I'll be going straight into the medical assist unit rather than the birthing centre. Guess knowing now makes it easier than disappointment at the time.
Ordered a travel sized shampoo and conditioner and picked out babies clothes for hospital and coming home. Just need to sort a few things for myself and get my bags packed.

Need to go and get measured for some nursing bras. Just finding the time is proving tricky.

I was thinking of wearing a maternity vest top. Means I'm covered up top but shouldn't overheat. Or do you ladies think a loose top would be better?

Bekah sorry love I think I missed something....Why are you going to be monitored during labour?

I'm not 100% sure. Think probably because we went through IVF treatment to get our BFP. Will check with my midwife on Friday.

It was a comment at the anti natal class saying you're either in the green or red group and what it meant, so I checked my folder when I got home and saw red written on my label. The first appointment at 8 weeks was a little overwhelming as there was so much to go through, so possibly told and forgotten.

Wow, it's starting to get real, huh!

When I had my daughter I wore one of those stupid gowns once I got to the hospital and I felt so uncomfortable. So this time since I can wear whatever I want I'm trying to think of something comfy. They recommend a short gown or long top. The thing is I hate hate hate having no underwear on. I'm like a never-nude. It feels even worse when things are leaking out of you and there's nothing there. I'm definitely going with a sports bra even if I'm in the tub or shower because I'm not comfortable just being full on naked with people around. I'd like to be able to have a water birth but who knows how it will go. I'm also interested in trying the birthing stool but really, whatever works is good with me.

At our birthing class they strongly recommended that you pack swimming trunks if you think your hubby will also join you in the tub. They said they'd had some incidents where the husband just went nude and it made all the midwives uncomfortable. Made me laugh.

After the birth you get to go home within 4-5 hours, so I'll probably just pack something comfy to wear home and then get in a comfy gown or pjs once I'm back home.

As for trimming, I got one of those little bikini shavers (it's battery operated) and I can sort of use it in front of the bathroom mirror and then clean up the mess... still awkward though!

Rethinking the clothes for labour. They advise you walk around as much as possible so that gravity helps etc, and I'm not going to want to do that if everything exposed downstairs to anybody walking by when door gets opened for people coming in and out of the room. I'm quite prudish! Hubby might need his PAs in to assist him at times and don't think seeing their boss half nude would be appropriate, lol.

I was thinking maybe one of hubbies shirts would work. Would be v big on me and cover everything but could unbutton it for skin to skin contact afterwards.

That's a good idea! I have some nighties that unbutton a bit on top, but they are too long and I don't want them getting in the way. Something above the knee a few inches would be good--long enough to cover but short enough to allow you to move easily.

I've been reverse nesting this weekend--I went through my closet and found tons of stuff to get rid of. Some of it I've been holding on to even though it likely won't fit me ever again (like some designer jeans from my "skinny phase" before I met DD after I broke up with a serious boyfriend and was working out a ton and not eating much.) I was thinking I would try to sell them but who has the time? So I found a website that will send you a bag to fill with consignment clothes, and you just mail it to them for free. So much easier than having to make an appointment to go in to a consignment shop. I guess if I ever do get that skinny again I'll be sad but after 2 kids I think the odds are pretty low, LOL. I'm hoping my house will be in good order by the time the baby comes. Now I need to get DH to take his bike and rain barrel and random stuff out of my office. He uses it like a storage shed.

Sounds like you've been having a good clearout Penelope.
I can't wait to get back into normal clothes. I bought a few maternity pieces to get me through the last few months and I'm so bored of them ready.

Can you believe it's only a week till March is here? Time seems to be flying by.

Hope you're all doing ok, and those that have had OH issues are being treated better now.

Like the oh shirt idea, problem is that my bulging belly is not really cooperating... It's getting thight already and I've got hopefully at least 4 weeks to go. Might buy a big button up gown, but have not found one I liked...granny clothes fashion... & I don't want to spend a fortune on something I'll never really wear...

It's going well again. My crotch pains, groin discomfort & painful inner thighs issue has vanished! Now, the only thing hurting are my feet. They are so sore at the ankles, feels like they just can't take my weight anymore. I guess it's hormones loosening things up.

Baby is really growing big now. Always feet on the right side pushing & kicking. Thankfully never in my ribs, always lower. I'm really wondering now what he'll look like! & I'm getting really antsy to see him. He's head down now the doc said. I still have no real clue...
OH is doing better at being a better OH. About time. I'm booking Finley in fr half day Easter & summer camps, so I can focus on taking it easy & he gets to play with peers and have fun. His bed is finished & he'll move rooms this weekend. Finally!! Then I can finish up setting up baby's room (&mine fr first 2-4 months). The single bed in babyroom is so convenient in beginning & fr difficult nights later on.

I couldn't use the Dh shirt thing.... he wear mens s/m and right now I couldn't even get one of his shirts over my bump even if I tried.....:blush: I think I am going to wear an older maternity shirt that really doesn't matter, and then a loose pair of mat pants too. I have two in mind as they are wear thin, and wouldn't give them away to someone else. :haha:

I had a bit of a dumb moment this morning..... When Bekah talked about it only being a week until March and then Qmama mentions she hopes to wait four weeks until her baby came I got lost....... :rofl: I could not wrap my head around April 1 being 4 weeks away, I just kept thinking. "how can that be if it is only a week away.....why would she wait another week and go to 43 weeks....." :blush: :rofl: "Oooooh April not March!" Just thought I would share my stupidity with you all.

Allfrthegirl: I know! Our time is getting so close, yet far away!! I'm really hoping to 'pop' between mid March & April 1. In my mind it's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE that I'll go overdue, especially since I feel SO big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->