Will be 37 due in April 2016 anyone else?

I've tried again :)

I don't know how we'd even begin to pick a name if hadn't been for the major event in our lives. Must be even harder for you ladies with your sixth child on the way.

I've tried again :)

I don't know how we'd even begin to pick a name if hadn't been for the major event in our lives. Must be even harder for you ladies with your sixth child on the way.

I thought it was going to be impossible to get a name but we put so many restrictions that it actually worked out.

Yes, I like Frankie as a nickname, and my daughter has been saying the baby should be Frankie (probably because it rhymes with Blankie). My mom doesn't like it because she doesn't like Frank, but I feel frustrated when she weighs in like that. It is hard enough for DH and I to find a name we agree on! She didn't like my daughter's name either (she's Penelope) but she had to deal with it.

I'd like to find a name to honor my father (who died when I was very young), but he never liked his first name.

What's your fathers name? Just wondering if there's variants that would work for you?

Allforthegirl such a good looking family. Your boys will be heart breakers as they grow up.

penelope~ could you use your fathers name as the middle name?

Bekah~ :cloud9: thank you.

AFM I almost thought I was in true true labour last night. They very strong and way more painful that I have felt to date. So I thought that was it.....but as soon as DH came over and started massaging my back and hips it went away completely. So frustrating.

lol. Have you ladies with children already got people to support you during your labours to look after the children etc? Bet your kids are looking forward to meeting their new sibling!

Yes my parents will be looking after them. They stayed with them last time too. Though this time I am not sure DH will be staying all night and day as Z most likely will not like being away from me or dad for that long.

My dad's name was Rodney. Not my favorite name to be honest. Some variations are Roderick, Roland, Rudolf, etc. His middle name was James which is maybe better to work with!

My in-laws will watch my daughter when the big event happens. I'm a bit concerned about coordinating everything, in case things happen quickly. I'm worried about DH being at work when it happens. The good thing is that it is okay to have a kid at the birthing center, so she could come along until DH's parents can come pick her up.

My dad's name was Rodney. Not my favorite name to be honest. Some variations are Roderick, Roland, Rudolf, etc. His middle name was James which is maybe better to work with!

My in-laws will watch my daughter when the big event happens. I'm a bit concerned about coordinating everything, in case things happen quickly. I'm worried about DH being at work when it happens. The good thing is that it is okay to have a kid at the birthing center, so she could come along until DH's parents can come pick her up.

I like Roderick. I like Rick as a name too, not Roddie. I love Frankie as a name. Your mum dealt with Penelope, she'll deal with Frankie too!! I'm already certain that my MIL won't like Quinn. She likes very traditional names, William or George. She named her sons Andrew & Robert... I think she just looked at the top 5 UK naming list. My mum will not like it either, but will be happy she can pronounce it!

My mum arrives March 19th fr a month, so I'm hoping to have baby around then. Fingers crossed!! March 23 it is full moon, and I've heared wards get pretty busy then! If Quinn makes an appearance before that time, local neighbours & friends will jump in to help. We only live 5 mins away from hospital, so that helps! I just hope to be out quickly, last time I stayed a week in hospital.

I'm ready. I have been so busy the last days, but we're all set up. The only thing I've not really done was stock up the freezer. I made two of many things, but ended up eating it on days where I just felt tired. So in a way, my freezer meals have helped me through my last trimester... I'm just hoping that hubby & my mum will do most of the cooking when baby's born. It's been literally years since OH cooked a few days in a row ... So, if baby comes before my mum gets here, he'll be at the stove or getting take out. He still brags about being a good cook to friends, even though he doesn't do more than BBQ in summer & boiled/fried eggs. Time to prove himself!
How are your guys in the household?

My mom stocked me up with some quick and frozen meals while she was here last week. I haven't felt like cooking at all lately. Today I was off and with PJ all day, so we picked up a quick dinner and took it to eat at the playground since it was warm out.

My husband is unfortunately not so good around the house. Occasionally he gets in the mood to organize things, and then he goes crazy for a couple of days, and then he'll be in a lazy mood for a while. I've started to tell him that on days I work and he is off, he needs to plan something for dinner, so sometimes he will buy an easy frozen meal. He can make stir fry but that's about it. I really wish his mom would have trained him to cook! He works 12 hour shifts so I don't expect him to do much on those days, but I wish he'd tidy up more often and cook from time to time. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a dorm room. But then I don't want to be constantly nagging either. Sorry to rant.

I need to get better with making PJ clean up, too. She is good at entertaining herself when she can make a huge mess. Today I had to take a work phone call and she was strangely quiet. Turned out she had found some markers and written all over her hands and face, dumped out a container of small stickers and craft items all over the porch, and pooped her pants. Sigh.

Don't get me started on my DH.....:trouble: He is horrible.... I just want to say that I didn't pick him because he could cook or clean....cause he is horrid at both.... Though he is getting there as he knows how crazy I get when he doesn't help out. As I have 5 others that need to see that we all make the mess and live under the same roof so we all help to clean it. He just has very strange ideas of what goes into meals.... he makes me shake my head. Oh and unless I point out what needs to be done he will walk by garbage on the floor a million times and still may not pick it up.... :grr:

I don't know how many times I have found my kids with marker all over them, walls and floors.... Now we don't have any in the house....

It just feels like it is neverending. I could spend all day cleaning up and our house would still be messy, so I've more of less just reconciled myself to the house being more or less messy.

It just feels like it is neverending. I could spend all day cleaning up and our house would still be messy, so I've more of less just reconciled myself to the house being more or less messy.

I agree! I let it be within reason. My son & I have put toys away sessions regularly; before we go outside, before we eat, before bedtime. I've become pretty anal about him helping & sometimes he now does it himself spontaneously! He knows that he is allowed a supermess in his bedroom during the day (clean it up in evening) but kitchen & living room stay 'tidy'-ish all day.

There is something about permanent markers that is irresistible... I actually put all of mine out of reach & view today as he was eyeing them all the time today!!

Oh is not too bad housework wise. Not a lot of expectations as I'm not working at moment, but he'll do a load of washing sometimes. Now that I'm getting tired faster, he's helping clean up kitchen after dinner and play & put away toys with son in the evenings. He always preps Finley fr bed (bath, story, teeth, ...). So, I can sit up & chill after dinner really. I like that Finley is his responsibility in the evenings & he seems to enjoy it too.

Allfrthegirl: you've got yr work cut out fr you teaching the boys to be awesome men in the future!

Yes the mess in my house can get overwhelming to clean come the end of the week. I used to be a clean freak, I liked things a certain way.....when I only had 2!! But I was yelling and screaming at the boys all the time and I didn't like myself much at all. So I had to change. For me is to let most of it go or go completely insane and end up in asylum for murder, babbling in a corner :gun:. I still demand that when they clean it isn't half assed, it is called mommy clean, because daddy will let way more slide than I. Dh will not do my laundry or the boys as I am allowing myself to very anal about one thing....hahaha That is one thing I can't let go. Though my two elder do their own laundry because if I do it for them it turns around and ends up back on the floor.... They are more than old enough to do their own laundry.

Thank you Qmama I am trying. Only thing I haven't let them do just yet is help out in the kitchen. I will teach them basics, and then give them my recipe, but as far as it goes as help with supper No :sulk:

Well ladies I am pretty sure I lost a bit of my plug last night. There were two pieces and only the size of peas, but it something right??

I have to admit I'm very grateful for all the help from DH and am a little spoilt at home. Despite being paralysed from chest down he helps clean the house, and gets his PA's to keep on top of lots of the household chores. They keep on top of the washing, ironing, cleaning etc. One of our three full time staff members is good at cooking. DH taught her, as his second career choice (before injury) was to be a chef. He taught me to cook when we were first together. He will go do the shopping too.

Although most of the child care will land on me I know I won't have to manage the house too which is such a relief. Despite his disability we see our marriage as a partnership. I think being with someone who wouldn't take their share of the burden would really irritate me.

Yes the mess in my house can get overwhelming to clean come the end of the week. I used to be a clean freak, I liked things a certain way.....when I only had 2!! But I was yelling and screaming at the boys all the time and I didn't like myself much at all. So I had to change. For me is to let most of it go or go completely insane and end up in asylum for murder, babbling in a corner :gun:. I still demand that when they clean it isn't half assed, it is called mommy clean, because daddy will let way more slide than I. Dh will not do my laundry or the boys as I am allowing myself to very anal about one thing....hahaha That is one thing I can't let go. Though my two elder do their own laundry because if I do it for them it turns around and ends up back on the floor.... They are more than old enough to do their own laundry.

Thank you Qmama I am trying. Only thing I haven't let them do just yet is help out in the kitchen. I will teach them basics, and then give them my recipe, but as far as it goes as help with supper No :sulk:

Well ladies I am pretty sure I lost a bit of my plug last night. There were two pieces and only the size of peas, but it something right??

You have my respect mama bear! I understand not wanting to let go of your space in the kitchen! Working together in the kitchen is so hard! I can't do it with oh & I really don't enjoy cooking with a toddler (cookies, pancakes)...

Congrats on yr plug!! Seems that all & any discharge has stopped fr me these past few days....grumble. I do seem to wee myself regularly though. I think Q is really in place as I'm getting lightning crotch with every step I take & I'm walking about 1 1/2 to 2 hours daily to drop of/pick up Finley at preschool & other 'on his own' - toddler programs... My mum arrives in 2 weeks. Counting down.

I have to admit I'm very grateful for all the help from DH and am a little spoilt at home. Despite being paralysed from chest down he helps clean the house, and gets his PA's to keep on top of lots of the household chores. They keep on top of the washing, ironing, cleaning etc. One of our three full time staff members is good at cooking. DH taught her, as his second career choice (before injury) was to be a chef. He taught me to cook when we were first together. He will go do the shopping too.

Although most of the child care will land on me I know I won't have to manage the house too which is such a relief. Despite his disability we see our marriage as a partnership. I think being with someone who wouldn't take their share of the burden would really irritate me.

It's pretty cool you get that extra help & especially that your DH is so helpful! It's kind of great when they actually 'see' what needs doing & don't need to be told.

How are you feeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"