Will be 37 due in April 2016 anyone else?

Thank you Qmama I am trying. Only thing I haven't let them do just yet is help out in the kitchen. I will teach them basics, and then give them my recipe, but as far as it goes as help with supper No :sulk:

My OH learned to cook with his 2 yr older brother at home as a teenager. They were in charge of food a couple of nights a week as their parents came home late from work. He got the basics there.
My father studied as a chef in free time, so he passed on a passion fr food & flavour... I love food!! But I'm honestly a mediocre cook. Enjoy eating a lot more than cooking...

Just got back from the OB and he said there is not more room for him, and told me he thinks I will go into labour any time now. He didn't even say to me "see you next week" :haha: Been having way way more pressure and pinching than ever before. Hope this means I get to meat my LO very soon!!

I don't like that feeling either Qmama but it is just our babies getting our bodies read, so even though it is uncomfortable it is helping to get our cervix ready for the big day.

Wow, that's exciting Q! I don't think I noticed losing my plug with my first. I did get the "bloody show" but at that point I was obviously in labor. Any other signs to look out for?

I definitely feel the baby pretty low down, like I have pressure against the pubic bone in front. But I still have up to 6 weeks left, or more!

Bekah, that's great that your hubby is so helpful.

One of the things I'm looking forward to in having a little boy is training him to be helpful around the house. I want both kids to know how to do cooking and cleaning and hopefully to learn some more traditionally "male" skills as well. I'm pretty inept with tools, handiwork, car repair, etc. and I don't think that's a good thing. I hate having to rely on DH for that stuff.

My mum reminded me today that my grandmother had her at 8 weeks, and my uncle 2 weeks before DD. My mum had my brother around DD & I was 3 weeks before DD. My first was born at 36 weeks, so I hope it's a sign that I can expect Quinn at tad before DD.
I'm gonna be a mental wreck if I make it into April. I'm way too excited ... No way that I can keep my sanity going fr so long...

Just got back from the OB and he said there is not more room for him, and told me he thinks I will go into labour any time now. He didn't even say to me "see you next week" :haha: Been having way way more pressure and pinching than ever before. Hope this means I get to meat my LO very soon!!

I don't like that feeling either Qmama but it is just our babies getting our bodies read, so even though it is uncomfortable it is helping to get our cervix ready for the big day.

So happy fr you!! I'm sure you're ready to meet the little lad!! Xx

Exciting times for you ladies who are seeing signs of babies imminent arrivals.

Ok here. Still have 7 weeks to go so glad no signs off bump making an appearance yet. I've got 5 weeks left to work and am starting to get tired now. Looking forward to my last working day for a year.

Hoping things ok with Hopeful. She's not posts since Feb 10th and that was after the discussion about her babies name choice and the responses to her other post.....

Qmama~ I am not as tired as I have been with some of my pg. My last one I remember falling alseep on the couch by supper time. This time I feel blessed with extra energy. I hope you don't have to wait too long for your LO to come.

Bekah~ It will go by fast, the last bit once you have signs seem to drag....

AFM I feeling so crappy with this cold over my head. DH told me, after helping with perennial massage, that he had some plug on him.....I couldn't tell if he was grossed out or not. Oh the joys of pg. He wiped it before I got to ask him if I could see it. I am curious like that :haha::rofl:

Hoping things ok with Hopeful. She's not posts since Feb 10th and that was after the discussion about her babies name choice and the responses to her other post.....

Maybe she is just busy with life. :shrug:

Tried the perennial massage last weekend. Was really quite painful. Does it get better/easier?

Tried the perennial massage last weekend. Was really quite painful. Does it get better/easier?

It does. Extra moisture helps too. If you relax into more like foreplay it can help. If you are comfortable you can always stimulate your lady bits as he is massaging can make things WAY easier. Also wait until 34-35 makes a big difference too. i found before 35 weeks for me was a bit painful, but after was different.

That's good to know, thanks. Will try again in a few weeks. Anything that helps reduce the chance of tearing is high on my list of must do's. Will try the evening primrose capsules trick too but heard that can start labour early so will hold off till at least 38 weeks for that. Ordered my raspberry leaf tea and capsules today.

I have been drinking the RLT too the last few days. More so because I am dealing with this cold....and in hopes it will help things along . :haha:

That's good to know, thanks. Will try again in a few weeks. Anything that helps reduce the chance of tearing is high on my list of must do's. Will try the evening primrose capsules trick too but heard that can start labour early so will hold off till at least 38 weeks for that. Ordered my raspberry leaf tea and capsules today.

Did you read any books by Ina May Gaskin? I remember that visualisation is effective according to her and the birth stories I read. The women would visualize opening more & more. I kind of believe in it. If you are scared of tearing, you'll tense more and increase your chances of tearing. If you relax into it & imagine getting really big & open, then the relaxation will help stretch. Probably easier said than done. I had 1st degree tear with first, but had epidural & forceps delivery ... The epidural probably relaxed my muscles & skin as it was very strong. The forceps probably teared it. But baby had to be out (distressed). I never felt any discomfort from this small tear afterwards.

I have 6 weeks left as of tomorrow... starting to get tired again but I'm also getting yet another cold from DD. I'm going to try to do the perineal massage this time. I tried it a couple times but it was uncomfortable. I ended up with a tear, too, but they made me push really hard at the hospital and vacuumed PJ out (also distressed). I'm hoping to avoid that this time. At the birthing center they don't encourage the "purple pushing" and allow you to "breathe the baby down" or just follow your body, and apparently that lessens the risk of tears. I'm going to try that this time although with my experience last time, my body just sort of took over. But then they told me I wasn't pushing hard enough because the baby wasn't coming out quickly enough and I had to do the 10 count push. Ugh.

At any rate, I skimmed back through the book I had (hypnobirthing) and it described using a quick breath in and then visualizing the breath out going down through your body, but just gently helping the baby move down and not straining hard. It says the best way to practice is when you are on the toilet going #2. ;) I think it helps if you aren't flat on your back, too.

I'm going to read the Ina May book too--I've heard a lot of good things about her approach.

I have both books, Ina May and hypnobirthing, and both talk about visualizing. One thing I remember with Ina May is that she finds talking about the fear helps to let go of it and then things can go smoothly. Though I am sure that having someone talking you down from that fear is also needed.

You have to remember if this is your second baby, unless baby's head is way bigger than your last, your body will know what to do better. Even though I do the massaging, I know that my body has not torn since my first....well I didn't even really tear but got stitches :trouble: Our bodies are way more reseptible to the stretching. Can't say it burns any less either. :haha:

Probably just fear of the unknown for me. Will look out the books though. They sound like they contain useful/practical advice. :)

PJ's head was huge! Still is. She's been in the upper 90th percentile for head size or her whole lie. Hopefully this one will have a smaller head. ;)

Thanks for the reassurance, All. I'm hoping my body will remember what to do but that I'll also be more relaxed about it and a bit more aware of what I need to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->