Will be 37 due in April 2016 anyone else?

Haha, I like your style qmama. Great your mum can help out. Hope you get to do your trail walk without needing assistance along the way.

Qmama~ That is great that your mom will be there to help out for a good amount of time. I understand the whole butting heads thing.... my mother likes to take control too with things... I am fine with the cooking (sort of), but when she cleans, she just throws everything out and that makes me want to scream!!

As for the :sex: thing..... i swear that is what made my cervix so soft. We haven't done much lately as it doesn't induce labour really..... Though neither is the other things that are good for inducement.... Like Clary Sage oil, nip stimulation, squats and acupressure. Not feeling any different today than any other morning. I always have a couple contractions, but nothing very consistent. So I will just sit around and wait I guess..... What else am i to do... But the good news is every day that I go is a little bit closer to the day I see him. There isn't much time really left at all....

The waiting is so hard! I feel like most of the things they recommend probably don't make much difference, except it makes you feel like you are doing something! Baby will come when he's good and ready, I guess!

So All is due first, then Q, then me, then Bekah? I hope everything turned out okay for Hopeful...

I still have 4 weeks but time is really starting to drag. I'm not feeling any signs yet and aside from being tired I'm doing fine. DH is convinced this will be a big baby, but I've actually gained less weight this time than I did with DD, and she was 7 lbs, 14 oz. so not huge.

We are settling on Franklin as a first name (nickname Frankie) and I'm thinking maybe Xavier for a middle, though we're not 100% sure. The nursery is pretty much ready but I have to wash some of the newborn clothes that are new and add a few bits to my hospital/birthing center bag. Other than that we are mostly ready to go!

I want to get a few things done around the house though. I bought some wire storage drawers for DD's room as she can't be trusted with a dresser (takes everything out), and I figured I could put the wire drawers in her closet and then just keep the closet child proofed. But they require pounding together with a mallet which is a) tiring and b) makes a lot of noise, and DH doesn't like to be nagged to do things and has to do them on his own timeline. But I really want those together so I can organize her room too. Then I'll be set!

Oh, and there's a million things left to do at work but oh well. ;)

Starting at 36 weeks is when time started to slow right down for me.

I hope you can get some of the other stuff done before he shows.

Working still is helping the time go by for me. Will have the last two weeks off, and friends are already filling up that time with lunches so should be a nice time.

Amazed here, I managed 10 hours sleep, with just one trip to the bathroom but was straight back to sleep again. Hope I get more nights like that.

Really looking forward to my 36 week scan next week. Think will be the last one.

The names you've selected are lovely penelopejones. Frankie is such a cute nickname.

I contacted our friend yesterday who's late husband we are naming our boy after. Started to worry she'd be upset and thought it would be better to ask her. Not that she owns the name or anything like that, but out of respect for her, our friendship etc. I received a really lovely reply from her. She asked if she could tell his parents too as they would be so happy about it too. Huge relief and I feel so much happier now ahead of us announcing the name to the rest of our friends and family.

Bekah glad work is still passing the time for you. That is awesome your friend was so receptive to the idea of you naming your LO after him. <3

Nothing happened over night here..... :coffee:

Declan's really making you wait isn't he. Are your boys excited?

They are more excited to spend some time with my mother and father. :rofl: they come home from school and wake up saying I hope the baby is coming soon, or walk in the door say awwwwwww I was hoping the baby came....:haha: My mother spoils them roughten and they know it and can't wait. Which is good as it helps with the transition of a new LO coming into the home.

Haha. Kids and their priorities. At least they're looking forward to it.

Allfrthegirl: That's funny!
Becah: Enjoy your sleep...it won't last! I like the name & I think it's such a beautiful gesture & strong story that goes with it.

My mum arrived today. I'm pretty happy! She's brought a lot of stuff fr both boys.

Random strangers are coming up to me now... Telling me they've seen me walking & asking when I'm due. Women always say that they can see he's low & it won't be long (they must be psychic?). Men just go ... 'Wow... You're about to go'. I promise that next time a man pulls his face into WOW position, I'll grunt & stagger & moan suddenly.

My OH is not biting fr the sex bit. He looked at me & said ... 'That's gonna hurt' ... So I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a 'push present' as I mentioned it a few times now. Thanks Q fr getting me so big! I'm hoping you'll be a big healthy little lad!! 40lbs weight gain ... It's absolutely ridiculous.

Fingers crossed the strangers are right and q is here soon :)

40lbs? Wow. Can't be easy carry the extra weight. You coping ok?

I've gained 28 and still have 4.5 weeks to go. I started at 100 so scary thinking baby and fluid etc is just over 25%

Qmama~ You know how long I have been hearing strangers say that to me???? I am a short person so he is sitting all the way out. Even the nurse the other day when we went in thinking I was in labour, said "two? one? Just one?" with a very shocked face "wow this baby is not inside of you AT ALL!" Thanks for calling me huge!! It has been almost over four months now that people been saying that I am ready to pop or that there is two, and then ask me again "ARE YOU SURE?" :gun: I feel your pain. And mine isn't letting go. I bet he is going to be even more of a mommy such than the one I have now. :shock:

Qmama I gained over 40lbs with my 4th monster. It was crazy I gained that. Didn't lose it well either. I had to go on some crazy work out kick, then I wore myself right out. Gained 30lbs last time, and 25 lbs so far this time. Though unless I personally gain I don't think he will gain too much more as there is literally no more room for him to grow. My OB told me that almost two weeks ago too.

Any more signs of Declan making his grand entrance into the world?

Qmama. Hope you're having s nice time with your mum visiting.

Feet less swollen today despite walking around Costco for a couple hours. Did get some sharp twinges when driving home though. Thought I might have to stop for a bit.

Nothing going on here.... I am just busying myself with my sowing.

I hate those pinching, especially when you are doing things that don't normally pop up....I get them walking but I expect those.

I'm using them to practice breathing through pain. Hoping it helps in long run.

Sounds like he's just too comfy in there.

I feel like my peanut doesn't have much room to grow either. I haven't been too hungry lately and have gained 17 pounds as of my last visit. (Although I started maybe 5 pounds over where I began with DD, and I gained 22 or 23 with her). So about the same as before. I'm hoping this one will have a smaller head though and slip right out!

Just at the least opportune time, a kid in my daughter's class had a confirmed case of chicken pox. DD has the vaccine, but today I noticed four spots on her. Apparently you can still get it because the vaccine requires a booster at age 4. So she is going to my MIL's house tomorrow morning while DH gets some stuff done for work, and then he's going to check with the pediatrician. The good thing is I had it as a baby, so I think I'll be fine, but I didn't realize it was a concern for pregnant women!

I was asked if I'd had chicken pox at my booking in appointment with the midwife. She said then that because I had it before my baby will be protected if come into contact so I wouldn't worry too much. Not what you need just now though.

I'm feeling pretty good. My fingers are swelling & my ankles and feet are killing me. Im still walking about 2 hrs a day. I'm hoping that I'll lose half spontaneously...within the first months & I'm thinking I'll have to work to lose the other half this summer...
Feeling a bit strange today though & past two morning I've been waking with back & menstrual pain. Nothing regular, but it gets me thinking that body is gearing up.

I hope it's not really the chickenpox. It's for sure something you & baby can miss right now.

Attachments

• IMG_20160320_172120121_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160320_172120121_HDR.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20160320_172145510_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160320_172145510_HDR.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics