Will be 37 due in April 2016 anyone else?

You'll do great, Q! Just remember your body knows what it is doing. I found this labor was smoother having gone through it before.

Any more contractions qmama? Or any other signs q on his way soon? GL when it happens.

No. You'll probably have your little blessing before me! It's unreal fr me to make it to my due date!! Never thought I would come this far. I'm getting anxious though. A bit stressed about labour these past days. Thanks fr the reassuring message Penelope. I hope my body knows as I was numbed by strong epidural...

How are you feeling Bekah? Any signs?
Allfrthegirl & Penelope: Are you recovering well? How are you getting on? Xx

Had a couple of really sharp BH's on Saturday but other than that nothing.

Walked around fr an hour with some heavy period pains this morning & some heavy BH contractions but turned into nothing...
Very tired as I was awake fr 3 solid hours last night. Afternoon napping today...for the first time in a gazillion years... So tired!

X

Get your rest while you can!

I'm recovering okay. I only had a small tear this time, not even enough for stitches, so it has been faster. But breastfeeding is another story--my nipples are so painful! I'm going to get the little guy checked out again on Wednesday. We went to the pediatrician over the weekend and saw a lactation consultant who said he had a slight lip tie, but the ped didn't want to mess with it unless it was really causing latch problems. Well, my nipples are super sore and I can't tell if they are clogged ducts or blisters or what. I had this experience with my daughter too--it just took a while for it to stop hurting.

Frankie is very cuddly and sleepy--maybe because he was born a bit early. He just wants to be held constantly and has very few awake periods. He wakes up hungry and falls asleep nursing, sometimes after like 10 minutes. My mother is here helping, which is wonderful because I don't know I'd get anything done otherwise (or how I'd handle my toddler!).

I'm recovering well. Though my back is sore. No after pains. My breasts are feeling a bit sore and nips are getting a bit better. Slowly healing the sores. Tomorrow I get to call the dentist so I'm excited to finally know what day we will be free of this tie.

I'm enjoying this little guy so much.

Sorry you having issues too Penelope. I hope you can resolve that soon.

Good to see you're both recovering well.

Qmama, period like pains is a good sign isn't it?

Awake here in the middle of the night. Sleep patterns have changed last couple of days. Was doing so well but all of a sudden I'm lucky to get a few hours. Contemplating taking this and next Wednesday off work to break things up a bit.

Penelope: Finley was the same. I think early babies often are a bit less eager to wake up & feed. I think it takes a lot of energy fr them. I had to switch to bottle til he got stronger before reswitching to breast again. I hope he'll become a more vigorous eater soon & that you don't experience too much pain fr much longer.

Allfrthegirl: Glad to hear you're doing better & the sores are healing. I hope you don't need to wait too long fr the dentist. Will it hurt? I hope not.

Becah: So know what you mean with the changed sleeping pattern. Really annoying as I'm normally a solid sleeper. Good on you fr still working. When's your last day?

I'm having a lot of BH today, on and of menstrual backpain & an odd painful sharp tearing pain down below a few times today. My body is for sure gearing up! I hope I don't have to go through too many false starts like Allfrthegirl!

Thanks fr checking in girls!! X

Wonder if you'll make it to your due date! Hope not too many false starts for you.

I'm worrying about false starts here. Hoping have plenty of warning for getting DH to the hospital too.

Having a lot of rectal pressure this evening & it feels like he's halfway down my legs ... I'm hoping not to have to go on like this fr another week... FX!

FX'd for you qmama!! Really hope he doesn't keep you waiting. Good luck when the time comes.

Hoping fr the same... A bit disheartened. I'm avoiding people at the moment because I'm tired of the comments...'why don't you do some jumping jacks?', my neighbor screamed from her patio today. Not in the mood fr natter anymore. I feel things are changing, so I'm getting close.

Tomorrow another sweep unless by some miracle I give birth tonight!

Hope you have your little baby v sn qmamma fxd! I don't know why people feel the need to say things to us mums at the end of pregnancy it should be illegal! Someone said to me today haven't you had him yet?! Ermmmm no. :shrug: thank you I am thankfully still pregnant as he isn't due for another 3+weeks! :dohh:

I feel like I'm carrying him literally in vjay most the time the pressure is crazy?! I know he is head down but he certainly isn't engaged, which I'm obv aware may not happen till labour day.
But the spd I feel like some days I have been kicked down there ? The acid reflux is crazy awful especially at night and constipation is just wow! I'm actually afraid I will just have one big turd on the birthing table and that's what I have been just carrying around this last almost 9mths!
The joys of being that bit older and pregnant :rofl:

Whoop. Managed to get a fairly decent sleep last night. Just up the once.

Dreading the big clearout. I've been on iron tablets for months and they've brought the delightful piles with them. Just hoping doesn't get any worse and they're really uncomfortable just now. Have encouraged them back up when have a soak in the bath but they pop straight back out again. Really helps me feel feminine at the mo. Hoping they go quickly once baby is here.

Witch Hazel is great for piles. Very inexpensive way to treat them. I found it very helpful when my bottom was sore.

Q I felt the same when people said that to me. I just tried to ignore them. "tried"

Well I know you all were wondering about weightloss after.....well so far I have lost 15 lbs but still look pg. I sure hope it doesn't take years for most of my belly to go.

Hi everyone! I'm settling in and feeling generally okay. Frankie has been to the doctor every other day it seems. His weight went down to 6 lbs, 9 oz. and then has been hovering around 6 lbs, 11 oz. for several days. They want to see him start to gain more. At my last appointment they suggested a supplemental nursing system. So I'm supposed to pump in between his feeds, put the breastmilk in a tube, and then feed the tube in while I"m nursing so he gets extra milk. It is a huge hassle and the milk ends up everywhere and he ends up spitting up half the time or the extra milk just pools in his mouth. Poor little guy. Really I think he just needs to nurse for longer each time, so I'm focusing on that for the most part (and making sure he doesn't go more than 3 hours without feeding). He's a really sleepy one and ends up falling asleep at the breast quickly, so I'm trying to keep him stimulated so he takes both sides. He was also a little jaundiced (although that seems to be getting better) and I think that made him drowsy.

He is so different from my daughter, who was super alert, fought sleep, and (we know realize) basically traumatized us for life. I can't believe this one will go to sleep on his own lying in his little bed, or that he can go back to sleep after having been moved or startled, and won't wake up at any little noise! I hope he stays this easy going... Anyway, that's life. Oh, and of course I have a dissertation proposal to review, a full dissertation to read and comment on, and a letter of recommendation to write and I just want to sit around and nurse my baby. UGH.

My scale needs batteries so I haven't weighed myself since the birth (and don't know exactly how much I gained), but I'm feeling good. I still have a pooch and I'm hoping that will shrink down a bit. I'm able to put on some of my regular jeans though. Otherwise I'm looking forward to being able to exercise, if I can just figure out how to fit that in with everything else!

I'm trying to decide whether to keep my daughter in daycare (she goes 3 days a week) or pull her out until I go back to work in January. On the one hand, it would be nice to have some days where I can just focus on the baby. On the other hand, I'll have to drive her in to daycare, which is 20 minutes away, so that means almost an hour and a half in the car each day... not sure what to do.

Q, hope your day comes soon! Bekah, I had to look up what piles are (I guess here we just call them hemorrhoids) but yeah, that sounds painful. :(

Thanks for the tip. Will give that a go. Will be at the chemist tomorrow anyway.

15lbs? Wow that's gone quick.

Hope feeding improve for you penelopejones. Sound sound like a lot of hassle without much benefit the way the wanted you to try.

Penelope: When Finley was too weak in the beginning to efficiently bf, I pumped and bottle-fed him the breast milk. The risk of course being that he wld not return to the breast. The midwife advised to let him eat the easy way first with bottle and let him have calories & then let him suckle afterwards on the boob. He wld not get frustrated trying to suck while hungry (or in yr case choke while feeding) but boob wld become positively associated with comfort & food. He finally started gaining weight with that approach & became stronger fast. I was able to leave bottle after about 2-3 weeks. And he was okay with the occasional bottle as well which had its benefits! It's very recognizable what you're going through.

Oldermummy & Bekah: I'm looking forward to some clear out. I'm not overly constipated & go regularly every day, but am eating way more than what's exiting my body! I am getting to the point I might ask fr an enema or use some castor oil... No doubt in my mind I will pooh whole labouring if that clear out doesn't happen! I'll give staf advance warning ... Only if they are nice though ... Enemas are not standard practice here.

Allfrthegirl: it'll be interesting to see how much I'll lose! I'm not gaining weight anymore, even though I'm eating like a PIG!!

Had a sweep today. Doc told me that cervix has shifted to anterior position, cervix has shortened & I'm 1.5cm dilated. I'll always be disappointed with any information at the moment...I was kind of hoping she wld say 'wow, he's crowning'... Last time I was crampy after sweep fr rest of day, this time NADA! Been pumping too today to enhance the effects of the sweep! Next sweep: Tuesday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->