Will you have an advent calendar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
Mummies, will you have an advent calendar?

Last year I had a ciate nail polish calendar and a Lindt chocolate one.
This year I think I'll have to be greedy and have three!
I've ordered the Yankee candle one, and I have saved my boots points all year to treat myself so think I'll be getting the no7 beauty calendar too.

And I just can't resist a chocolate a day!

Looking to get a milkybar one and playmobil123 for Rio. (Anyone know where I can get it please?)

What's your favourite advent calendar? X

My hubby and i don't usually, but i think i will get us one this yr, cos i feel like being a kid too lol

I might get the yankee candle one if i get enough vouchers. I got the playmobil 123 from amazon fot 23.98 (well free with survey vouchers). I'm also making a felt one so will put lo and dh chocolates in that (i'm not going to have chocolates i think because i know it will be an easy excuse to stop losing weight)

How much are the Lindt ones usually in the UK? i just looked here and they are $25!! which is about 15 pounds.

Yankee candle advent calendar?!

I don't have any but I think I will this year!

Yes...any excuse for chocolate :munch:

How much are the Lindt ones usually in the UK? i just looked here and they are $25!! which is about 15 pounds.

They are usually Approx £5. They are sometimes on offer for a cheaper price too :thumbup:

I always have a Lindt calendar but this year I have a yankee candle calendar that I got in the sale after last christmas :)

Yeah about £5 for Lindt one I think :)
Yankee one is £21.95, not a huge bargain as it's only tea lights and one votive but I am a sucker for Yankees.
No7 advent calendar looks great, £35 available from 27th October. £130 worth of products x

No, hubby and I don't usually - we really don't need an excuse to scoff chocolate every day! We just have the stocking garland I made for the little peeps.

I have a Lindt one, too. I love getting my chocolate Santa on Christmas Eve! I might look at treating myself to a posh, luxury one too, since I'm pregnant this year and therefore deserve extra treats!

DD will have a chocolate advent calendar.

I've also got a cardboard nativity which is an advent calendar. You start off with the background scene of the stable, the fields around Bethlehem, and the Eastern desert. Then each day you slot in another person or animal. The star above the stable goes in on December 1st, then the animals, shepherds, Magi etc, until the Holy family go in at the end, with Baby Jesus on the 24th.

Hubby treated me to the yankee advent, we don't usually have one so I'll get him a lindt one later in the year. Like the sound of the no. 7 one!

I really want a beauty one but I can't justify the prices :brat:
Actually I'd have bought the Lush one in a heartbeat but there's only 12 days in it - rubbish!

I don't know what one to get this year. Getting a bit bored of chocolate ones. Might just get a picture one :shrug:

For the boys I have got them a lego one between them, and they will either have dairy milk or milky bar apparently they are still deciding.

Me and hubby don't have one. I have looked at the yankee ones but I think the price of them is ridiculous when you only get tea lights. I might make my own yankee one !!

I don't have a calendar, but I do burn an advent candle each year.

Yes, we bought a really beautiful wood one last year on our Nashville vacation, so we'll put some chocolate in it for the boys:) I'm getting excited to get all that stuff out and set it up!

I'm thinking of getting the Yankee candle one. I'm diabetic so choccy ones are a no no :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"