witch got me ... but ... cd1 vitex

Hey ladies!
I'm Sophie :) I've got a beautiful Daughter born in March 2010 and 5 angel babies. I came off bc in August (implant) and had been having af every 14 days! Took Vitex midway through this cycle and increased to 21days! Unfortunately AF got me today and I didn't have any positive OPK this cycle just gone. I haven't ovulated since we started TTC when removing bc. Will continue Vitex and hopefully my cycle may lengthen more (fx 28days!) AND I may actually ovulate :)
Best of luck everyone :D xxx

How is everyone getting on?
I ovulated one day earlier than usual this month (got positive OPK on day 14 rather than 14). No idea if that's just coincidence, as I wasn't even taking Vitex from beginning of cycle.

The more I read about Soy Isoflavones though, the more I think that would work better for me..!
Don't know what to do, as I feel I need to give Vitex a chance - but I'm so impatient now that I've got it into my head that I should just switch to Soy on the next cycle :-/

Hi Sophie! I hope Vitex does the trick for you. Keep us posted!

Hi MemmaJ - If you've already started Vitex, you might want to give it a chance to work its magic before switching. I know, so hard to wait though! I hear it takes 3 months for the full effect. But if you really really want to switch, then you should do it now so the soy can start working. I'm not sure about side effects from switching between those treatments though.

I'm on CD 4 today and doing fine. AF is winding down, so hopefully I'll be ovulating in about 10 days (in a perfect world). I'm planning a baby "makation" with my husband for the weekend after next. Just confirming details - it's a spa vacation so we're really looking forward to it. I hope all of the plans work out and we get to go that weekend, which will be perfect timing for ovulation :). We'll have to be careful about jacuzzis and steam rooms though, right?

How's everyone doing?? It's been quiet out there.

For me, AF is over and hopefully I'll enter my fertile window late next week :).

So will that be cycle 6 for you? :)

I'm 8dpo according to FF, AF is due in 6 or 7 days (my two apps say different things!).

Trying not to symptom-spot as that always ends in disappointment for me. I have a few symptoms but no different to usual, and theyvd not resulted in a BFP so far..!
Getting very impatient. This TWW seems to be really dragging...!

Where does everyone buy their agnus castus? I have it from Holland and Barratt but have realised its only 4mg!! I've seen people have bought it from amazon but I'm a little worried it won't be the proper tablets and may have added ingredients. Different scenario but I have heard of people buying fake slimming tablets that have washing powder in them

I bought mine from Amazon as I couldn't find a high enough doseage anywhere like Holland & Barrett (as you have now found too..!)

Good luck, MemmaJ! Are you going to test before AF is due? Fingers crossed!

I got mine from Amazon too. It's Nature's Way brand, 400mg capsules. Only a couple of additional ingredients - the capsule and 1 or 2 other things. I feel pretty safe taking it.

I don't know what brand mine are but they're 1000mg per tablet and I take 2 a day.

I try not to test early as I'm not one of these strong people that can deal BFN's and still keep their hopes it that it might just be 'too early'. I would see a BFN and would just believe I'm not pregnant and would be gutted, so I try not to do it.
I usually wait to see if AF shows up on/around when it's supposed to, and if it doesn't, then I will test. (I've only ended up taking a test once in the last 8 months as AF was late. It's usually on time or within a day or two, so I never get to the testing part!).

Lots of luck to you for cycle 5, hopefully the Vitex works is apparent magic for you..! :)

Currently CD7 and starting doing OPKs as I haven't got a clue what my body wants to do. My last cycle was 21 days and Fertility friend is assuming this cycle will be too and I should ovulate now. OPK says otherwise! Pic is my OPK from yesterday morning, this morning and this evening (in that order). Vitex still being taken, 1500mg daily :) xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 5
The last one seems to be slightly darker..? So looks like it's beginning to build up?
I'm not used to those style of strips though so I may be looking at the wrong bit, lol!

I'm about to go to bed at the end of CD24 (10dpo), and for some reason I'm just not feeling very positive about this cycle...

My_Story - I agree with MemmaJ. The last one looks slightly darker, so hopefully your LH is starting to build up! I've never had an obviously positive result on an OPK, so not sure if I'll do them myself this month. Temping did help me last cycle, because I had an obvious dip that I attribute to ovulation day, and then it took a few days but then my temp started to rise dramatically. For me, tracking my CM gives me the biggest clue. I know when it's like clear eggwhites that I'm in my fertile window!

MemmaJ - I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling optimistic about this cycle :(. But there are so many stories of ladies thinking they were out for the month and then getting their BFP, so hopefully that will be your case! Fingers crossed for you!!

I'm on CD 9 today. I had some strong ovulation pain two nights ago and a little egg white CM, which makes me worry that I already ovulated! That would be really odd since last cycle was on CD 19, and before Vitex was CD 23-ish. Hopefully it was just a surge of hormones after AF finished and that I actually ovulate next week. My husband and I should start BD-ing every other day! And we're planning a baby "makation" for next weekend :). Might be after the fact, but it will still be fun.

Are you temping again this cycle?
Going anywhere nice for your baby-makation?!

Yeah I don't know what it is. We're into cycle 7/8 now (first month was more like NTNP than actively TTC) and I've always tried to stay optimistic, but this month is different.. I just feel very hormonal/down/moody and am convinced it's never going to happen. I have a few symptoms - but I've had those before and they've obviously never resulted in a BFP, so I feel almost like they're back just to taunt me, lol!

This morning OPK at CD9. Not getting any darker.. Starting to feel like this month may not result in O. :nope:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 0
Fertility friend cycle to date...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 5
Don't be deflated just yet :)

I sometimes got cycles like that where the darkness/faintness of the lines was a bit all over the place..! Sometimes it would look like it was fading as the days went on, and then suddenly would be positive the next day :)
That's why I switched to clear blue digital OPK's in the end, to be honest - because the result of that is cut and dry and there's no interpretation needed, lol!

I agree. Your last OPK was only on CD9. My ovulation last month on Vitex was CD 19. If a typical cycle has ovulation on CD14, you still have several days. When I did have a positive OPK, I had the same faint line and then one day it was just a lot darker. I didn't see a progression. Don't give up hope!

MemmaJ - Yep, I'm temping again. I haven't seen any major changes since AF, so I'm thinking (hoping!) that it wasn't O pain that day. Temp has been between 97.5 to 97.8. Also I haven't had the fertile CM anymore since that day. Thinking it was just a weird hormone surge. My Ovia app said a day before that happened: "Follicle-stimulating hormone will reach its peak about a week into the menstrual cycle, then dip back down before increasing again in the fertile window before an egg is released." Wondering if that's what it was.

Yes, we're going to a hotel right on the beach in an ocean view room! Just for one night, but there's lots of stuff to do in the area. So we'll walk around and eat and hang out at the pool. It's warm here in Southern California and should be in the mid-70s through next weekend. Got a great deal on the room since it's winter!

My doctor's appointment is this morning and I'm asking about Vitex. Hopefully she'll run a blood test for my hormone levels and we'll see if they're more balanced. I've had fertile CM the past few days (a bunch this morning) and O pain on Tuesday. No obvious temp drop or rise though. Either I've already O'd or I'm about to. CD 14 today - perfect timing for a regular cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->