• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wonder Week 19... What a Bi@*h!

Indeed.. but Hell I am not gonna take it on! Can you imagine!?

The thought of it has made me consume a whole packet of chocolate fingers... Well that and the fact Dougie is fighting all sleep and totally intolerable today!

baby kennels? where, where? I'd be prepared to travel pretty much anywhere :haha:

Mmm chocolate fingers, haven't had those in years! Wish they did gluten free ones that didn't cost an arm and a leg to buy.

Maria only took a half hour nap so far today so I'm expecting a bad day

I actually think I would pay literally £100's just for a 48 hr break! Oooh gonna google it now to see if they do exist or are just a figment of my imagination!

https://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2004/feb/25/familyandrelationships.children

Found one and it is only 20 minutes from work and 1.5hrs from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tapping fingers on the keypad...hmmm

...NO LONGER IN EXISTANCE!!!! RUBBISH, I was packing his bags and everything!

https://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2004/feb/25/familyandrelationships.children

Found one and it is only 20 minutes from work and 1.5hrs from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tapping fingers on the keypad...hmmm

...NO LONGER IN EXISTANCE!!!! RUBBISH, I was packing his bags and everything!

:rofl:

Well, Myka had 3x20 min naps this morning, a solid hour and a half after lunch and, after a little break to scream the house down is now snoozing again. God knows what it all means...yesterday she had at least 4 hours throughout the day and it made bugger-all difference when it came to bedtime :dohh:

I know this is the 19 week biatch thread but I feel like im going through this at 9 weeks!! Is that a wonder week to? I do feel your pain!! LO is currently strirring after only a 30min nap, longest he'll do at the mo. arghhh all this after 3 nights of STTN and nice long 2 hour naps through the day and then suddenly and cruely back to waking every 2-3 hrs in the night arghhh!!! I was actually thinking do they do 'sleep' operators who come round for a few hours while you sleep! i was actually thinking money is no object, then again OH offers but i know how to settle LO quicker and if he gets too overtired there's no chance of any peace for a long while! Is it really worse at 19 weeks? Well LO was strirring, Ive just rocked his carrycot and put his sounds of the womb back on. Im dreading tonight as trying him in his travel cot and i wont be able to rock him in that!

For me it was def worse at 19 weeks than 9 weeks. But pretty sure that was a growth spurt too and a bit difficult. Hope it gets easier for you soon.

Do you LOs have screaming fits? Myka has always cried a lot due to colic, silent reflux etc but the last week she's been having these huge screaming fits (she is currently in the throes of one right now) where she goes from happy/babbling to total meltdown in a matter of seconds and sometimes screams herself sick :shock: she cannot/will not be consoled, I try every position, every room, pram, car, swing, mat, me but nope it just seems to make her madder :shrug:

I know this is the 19 week biatch thread but I feel like im going through this at 9 weeks!! Is that a wonder week to? I do feel your pain!! LO is currently strirring after only a 30min nap, longest he'll do at the mo. arghhh all this after 3 nights of STTN and nice long 2 hour naps through the day and then suddenly and cruely back to waking every 2-3 hrs in the night arghhh!!! I was actually thinking do they do 'sleep' operators who come round for a few hours while you sleep! i was actually thinking money is no object, then again OH offers but i know how to settle LO quicker and if he gets too overtired there's no chance of any peace for a long while! Is it really worse at 19 weeks? Well LO was strirring, Ive just rocked his carrycot and put his sounds of the womb back on. Im dreading tonight as trying him in his travel cot and i wont be able to rock him in that!

Yep there's a WW then too, 7.5-9.5 weeks "Patterns". Was your LO early/late because that apparently effects when they have these leaps. Although Coralie seems to follow them by the date she was born despite being 10 days early.

:hugs: It does get better hun, til you hit the 19 WW ofcourse :haha: Coralie has just about come out of that now though :)

My LO was a whopping 17 days late, seems to be spot on on wonder week though! Re screaming fits, well it does catch me off guard when he goes from giggling to screaming in 1 second flat, usually means he's tired so I need to keep check of the clock, I find as long as I put him down after an hour and half of being up at least we avoid the meltdown, even if he looks wide awake he's not!

Do you LOs have screaming fits? Myka has always cried a lot due to colic, silent reflux etc but the last week she's been having these huge screaming fits (she is currently in the throes of one right now) where she goes from happy/babbling to total meltdown in a matter of seconds and sometimes screams herself sick :shock: she cannot/will not be consoled, I try every position, every room, pram, car, swing, mat, me but nope it just seems to make her madder :shrug:

Maria has these, having one now too though she seems to have calmed down now sat in my lap but sometimes she'll cry herself to sleep in my arms :(

OMG YES! He is having a giggle and then with the same giggle face starts pretending to cry, he doesn't know what to do... laugh or cry.. think he is learning how to get my attention!

Is it bedtime yet?

Is it bedtime yet?

:rofl:

i'm constantly asking that question, that or "is it naptime yet??"
James is officially 19 weeks...he was about 3 weeks early so i'm hoping it just doesn't get worse until 21 weeks. But he seems to be generally on track now.

anyone else seen the light at the end of the tunnel yet? does it really get better after week 19?

my sweet baby James who used to sleep from 8-7 uninterrupted now wakes up at 9, 12, 2, 3, 4, 6.

when will this be OVER?!?!

YUP!! same here, he was good in the morning, until I got back home and after his nap (at 3) he just started SCREAMING!!! And now he keeps smiling and laughing going into crying.... he also (as you guys said) doesn't know what to do with himself.... OH asked if he was ok to go down for a nap now, as he seems tired, but I'm supposed to give him a bath at 6 and put him to bed at 7ish...

Maria sometimes laughs and cries at the same time too, always makes me laugh anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->