Worst Presents

HappyAnjeL

Abigail's Mommy
Reaction score
I haven't seen this thread yet this year but I always find it amusing. What was the worst present you or your family member was given?

Most of our presents were great this year but we did receive some summery outfits for baby in sizes he will be in winter with the logo of our teams rival on them. I'm sure they were meant as a joke but they'll be going straight to the charity shop!

Someone also gave my niece a dog toy.

Worst gift this year was for ds. From his nan n grandad (my step mum n dad)
It was on boxing day and it was a santa story :dohh::haha:

Although better than last christmas when on boxing day they gave him a christmas jumper :dohh:

I don't think we received any bad presents luckily, although the children received more chocolate than necessary!

Em nothing too bad this year
tho ds1 got a paw patrol dvd and hes near 7. His response was 'is she having a laugh'
MIL also works in a charity shop so other than the things we suggested she bought them the rest appeared to be random tat from her work.

My nan bought all the grand daughters Katie price perfume which isn't that bad but is quite funny. None of us even like Katie price :haha:

The only one other thing wasn't bad but my aunt got Thomas a paw patrol onesie which is too small.

Quite a few items in the wrong size, DS got hot wheels cars which he is not interested in and we really don't really want to start right now. No bad ones though. I wasn't a super fan of the frozen singing microphone, but the kids don't seem to have any long term interest in it.

Just lots and lots of chocolate and sweets....most people know our kids aren't allowed much either so I will end up giving it away.

None terrible really although I've found a 12-18 month old top. I'm not sure if it was meant for Nellie (3 months!) or Alice (3 years!)... I didn't see whose pile it was in.

Oh and unfortunately one that I bought- Gelly Baff, that stuff does NOT disolve!

Lots of chocolate and sweets..... bought by me. I start shopping early and puck up sweets here and there. I lost track of howmuch i had got the kids. Its not even like they dont eat much chocolate, so i buy it as a treat. Im just stupid. Dd ate pez for breakfast christmas day, and malteasers for lunch. Iv bagged it all up and shoved it in the kitchen today because they ( mostly dd, followed by ds) have just been helping themselves.

My cousin bought dd 2 summer shirts in the size she's in now, so they won't fit this summer. I just thought is was strange bc she had asked me what she could get dd and I told her she needed clothes (the kid is growing so fast!) and she goes and buys summer shirts! Guess I should have specified winter, but kind of thought it was obvious when I told her dd had outgrown just about every thing she has now. Oh well, not a big deal, just hate that she basically wasted her money.

My cousin bought dd 2 summer shirts in the size she's in now, so they won't fit this summer. I just thought is was strange bc she had asked me what she could get dd and I told her she needed clothes (the kid is growing so fast!) and she goes and buys summer shirts! Guess I should have specified winter, but kind of thought it was obvious when I told her dd had outgrown just about every thing she has now. Oh well, not a big deal, just hate that she basically wasted her money.

Will the store let you do an exchange at least for a different size? I am in the US so could definitely be different but many stores will let me take something back for an exchange even if I don't have the receipt.

Editing to add this is probably dumb advice since you might not know what store she got them from.

DD2 got a duplicate toy from last year.
DD1 got a dressing gown from OH's parents (yuck! at least she got something). They got her size 4-5y knowing full well she's taller than your standard 5 year old. She's in age 7 clothes.

Other than that, all presents have been a hit that I can think of.

Wow I remember previous years some of the gifts were horrible.. I'm glad most people got good gifts this year though!

Nothing too bad really. My youngest (6 weeks) got alot of clothes that are wintery in age 6-9 months with penguins etc and likely she wont be wearing that in summer. She also got tutus and very frilly clothes which isnt things id put her in at all but still nice that they bought her something.

My sons were all age appropriate and perfect for him. All seemed well thought out

Daughter got an abacus thing id have bought a young baby from one relative.

Cant really complain though as nothing ridiculously strange/funny.

One year my great auntie (shes 95) got me a balaclava with a cap attached to it i almost wet myself

My 2 year old's godmother got her a mosaic art set with thousands of teeny tiny stickers to make mosaic pictures. Its ages 6+ for a reason. :dohh:

My father in law got my daughter 2 of the ugliest dresses I've ever seen and they are 4 sizes too big.

That's the worst if it though I think.

We got Emily 1 of the Thomas Take & Play engines for her stocking but she has decided she doesn't like them anymore so never opened it, other than that waaaaaay too much chocolate, she got 4 big selection boxes from family :)dohh:)& we had lots of kinder little choc santy's, coins, etc etc for her also, I think I'll give some of the big bars away (before DH finds out and eats them) I'm sick of looking at chocolate, need to loose the xmas weight !!!

My SIL, who is 31, got a "Princess Parking" sign from MIL. It was the strangest gift for an adult, lol. It is literally on like toddler decor. Her facial expression was completely WTF, LOL. Aside from the complete weirdness of getting a clearly young child gift, she's not "princessy" in the slightest bit, so it was just that much stranger. That was probably the weirdest gift this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->