Would you feed a dog ice cream?

No I wouldn't...a lot of dogs have intolerances to dairy...my old dog did and a little bit of chocolate once almost killed him

This popped up on my facebook today.
600751_550951198281973_1639292718_n.jpg

LOVE THIS...Summers is coming!! Perfect!! Freeze water and chicken stock with toys, carrots, treats, etc to keep dogs from getting bored and overheated in the backyard. For all our dog friends!!! Probably share this one over and over its so good.

I cant get the image of a dog with his tounge stuck to the ice out of my head though :)

Icecream is actually good for a bitch in labour as its been proven the calcium boost helps with contractions that are slowing and I used this for my girl she had a full tub of the stuff its also good for them to cool them and other reasons, wouldnt give it daily but once in a while wont harm them, also noticed the chocolate comment this is only for the real chocolate like from hotel chocolate and not your normal mars bar my jackx used to get her wormer in a small mars bar all the time and she wasfine and if my ex didnt have her pts to early she would still be here and she was 15 then

Icecream is actually good for a bitch in labour as its been proven the calcium boost helps with contractions that are slowing and I used this for my girl she had a full tub of the stuff its also good for them to cool them and other reasons, wouldnt give it daily but once in a while wont harm them, also noticed the chocolate comment this is only for the real chocolate like from hotel chocolate and not your normal mars bar my jackx used to get her wormer in a small mars bar all the time and she wasfine and if my ex didnt have her pts to early she would still be here and she was 15 then

Somthing to do with the coco contents isnt it? white and milk chocolate is ment to be fine, its the dark chocolate or the high in coco thats the problem from what I remember.
If Gnipper didnt get her easter egg there was sulking for weeks and you would loose yours to her if she didnt get her own :)

Somthing to do with the coco contents isnt it? white and milk chocolate is ment to be fine, its the dark chocolate or the high in coco thats the problem from what I remember.
If Gnipper didnt get her easter egg there was sulking for weeks and you would loose yours to her if she didnt get her own :)

Yeah its the stuff that comes into the "chocolate is better than sex" well a mars bar whisper etc dont come into that as it doesnt release the feel good hormone but the stuff from like hotel chocolate (its the only place I can think of atm) that when you eat it it releases the feel good hormone which a dogs heart cant take (most but not all, my greyhound got to the post while I was ill years ago and ate the whole box and was fine) and gives them heart attack,

And people are saying this food is bad for dogs etc but the 2 things that are bad some of you give which is grains yeah its in dog food but its known as a filler and a dog cant digest it hence why loads of dogs poop more than twice a day and why most have the runs, and meat you should never cook any meat for a dog its much better for them raw and should never give cooked bones not even the ones from pet shops

And just for people who gonna say im wrong iv done years of research on pet foods and pet feeding

No I wouldn't give a dog ice cream. Dairy is bad for dogs, plus Neapolitan ice cream contains chocolate which is toxic for dogs. I'm not against giving a dog bits of human food, but I wouldn't give ice cream and certainly not a whole bowl at that!

This reminds me of a few years ago when I was sitting on the sofa with a bowl of ice cream and the dog was next to me. Me and my husband started kissing, and then heard a noise. We looked down to find the dog frantically licking my bowl of ice cream to get as much as he could before we noticed! :dohh:

when I was younger I used to buy magnum ice creams and eat the chocolate then share the ice cream bit between my two labs. my dog now loves dairy and its doesn't upset his stomach but I don't give him much when he does have some I usually let him have the left over milk out my Cereal bowl and would do the same with a bowl of ice cream, but he also like new potatoes covered in butter and things like that, my boys a bit of a special case though he doesn't eat much in general and is a very fussy eater so has trouble keeping weight on him especially in weather extremes so as long as he eats his dog food he is allowed people food treats that aren't harmful to him, he also gets all the left over meat from our Sunday roasts over the week that's usually around half a joint of pork (enough for 5 extra dinners) or half a large chicken.

I will say dairy really doesn't agree with some dogs though and can cause bad diarrhoea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->