wtt #1 in Dec/Jan

Thanks for the advice everyone ! Bought my folic acid today and told my mom and mother in law about plans to start trying. His mom is in health care so lots of good advice.

What are all your plans for when/who to tell about trying/getting pregnant? Are you all thinking of sticking to the three month rule or going to tell close family?

I'm telling no one until after our scan, only exception will be my boss if I need to because of appointments or sickness.
Not telling anyone at all we are trying either

We've already told our parents and my 3 best girl friends that we intend to try in December. Once we get pregnant we haven't discussed how soon we will tell them, at the moment I feel I'd be happy to tell this small group of people immediately, but it would depend on how OH felt too. He's a more private person so may want to keep it just between us for a bit. If I was to have a miscarriage I would tell them anyway as they would be my support network. Everyone else wouldn't know until after 12 week scan.

How about you?

I think we will tell after the 12 week scan well might tell our parents first but no-one else. thinking about telling people makes me smile!!!!!

Jaspie I think I'm thinking along the same lines as you, we've told our parents and my best friend. My husband is typically more private than I am but he is beyond excited right now and was telling everyone he was excited to start trying soon, so when we actually decided when to start trying I had to reign him in a bit. I wouldn't mind if he chose one or two close friends to share with but he was getting a little carried away haha.

I decided that if I did miscarry I would want to have those few people I am really close to to talk to about it anyway so I was comfortable sharing with them that we'll be trying soon and I think when I do get pregnant I'll tell them right away and wait till the 12 week scan to tell others.

Hi ladies. I was also wondering if any of you have thought about what you will do for a nursery once you are pregnant? Do you all have space where you are currently living?

We live in a 2 bedroom townhouse, so technically have space... But the second bedroom is being used as kind of an office, so no idea where all that stuff will go when the time comes!

We have a spare room, but we rent at the moment so would not be able to decorate properly. However, I noticed that stick on borders and decorations are available so we would use these and put some cute curtains up and this would be great until we are able to buy in the next few years.

Exactly a year ago we bought a 4 bed so we have a small room next to our bedroom that will be the baby's room, can't wait to decorate it. Baby week be in our room for a little while but I'll use that room for changing etc before that. I'm thinking about a big mural like Noahs ark but I'm not that art so maybe something like Humphries corner wallpaper. We well be team yellow so needs to be unisex

It's so exciting to think of these things. Sounds like a great plan spiceyorange! So I guess you aren't going to find out if it's a boy or girl? I had always planned the same but husband wants to find out and seems more strong about it than I am so I said ok. What are the rest of you planning? Find out before or wait?

How long will you keep the baby in your room? I'm unsure what to do here, I hear mixed opinions on sharing a room with the baby. Haven't made up my mind yet. I know I'll want to be around the baby all the time.

You've probably seen the big debate on cosleeping in the other thread so I wont get into all that but I'm going to move baby into their own room when they have a asked routine and are only waking up one out reduce in the night, and/or when they grow out if the Moses basket and need the proper cot (guessing around 6 months) but we want to keep the sex a surprise.

I'm so bored of the wait now. I'm so impatient I just wish it would hurry up!

Hi! I'm new here, but I'm so glad I found this thread! My husband and I have not set a formal date to start trying, but we're aiming for the end of this year. I have had baby fever for months and it seems like the wait will never end! We have to wait for some career goals of his to work out and we're not sure how long everything will take to sort out. This has been a very sore point for me, because I'm the type of person who likes to plan ahead, and not knowing exactly when we can start TTC is killing me! I want to cry every month when I'm ovulating, because I feel like I'm wasting an egg! I secretly hope we accidently end up pregnant. Lol. But of course I would never puposely get "accidently" pregnant. I just wish my husband and I could be part of that small percentage that has their birth control fail;) I think hearing from other women who are also waiting for baby # 1 will make me feel better :)

I secretly hope we accidently end up pregnant. Lol. But of course I would never puposely get "accidently" pregnant. I just wish my husband and I could be part of that small percentage that has their birth control fail;)

I think we have all felt that way, I certainly have! Although now I'm close I think my planned time id's worth waiting for (although waiting is driving me insane)

How's everyone doing, nearly September now, anyone started folic acid yet? I'm starting mine after holiday mid Sept.

myself, am planning to be a solo mommy, for various reasons. Some of the main rreasons being my lack of desire to be in a relationship, my utter fear of intercourse (AI only for this girlee), and endometriosis causing me to feel as though times running out fast, despite only being slightly shy of 23.

Hi ladies. Just an update for y'all. I haven't posted in quite some time as I don't know when we will be able to try. It's looking more like June next year due to finances but if things line up in time we will still TTC in January, it just isn't looking to hopeful for that. But we are only one month away from our move now so we will see how the pieces fall. Hope you ladies are doing well.

Hi!

I had 2 MC a few years ago, no children on earth so hopefully TTC #1 (feel awful saying #1...)

TTC date has moved alot.. years of waiting! but our wedding is 28th December so that is officially the day we shall be starting TC!

I hope we aren't in TTC for too long and straight into 1st tri!

So excited. Super broody!

How's everyone doing, nearly September now, anyone started folic acid yet? I'm starting mine after holiday mid Sept.

I started mine a few months ago but have been on and off. I went to start taking them again but noticed a BBD of July 2013 :blush: that's how long I've been waiting to take these :dohh:

So I will be getting some tomorrow and starting them :kiss:

WOW so many interesting conversations happening since I was last on!

I have been taking F/A - I also read that green tea can be really bad and since I had a slight green tea addiction I decided to cut that out, I have switched to Red Bush tea instead. I walk a quite a bit, I gym twice a week (HIIT and weights) and a yoga session once a week. I have already started thinking about what kind of exercise I could do while pregnant, obviously I can't really continue with my high intensity stuff. I have thought about seeing a personal trainer at the start of each trimester to get some guidance. The fitter you are, the easier the labor (apparently) and the quicker the recovery! I have also been thinking about what kind of exercise I could fit in post baby, and heard about these heavy duty off road type of buggies so you can jog and push the baby around at the same time!

We currently live in a one bedroom townhouse so we will have to move. I have thought about decorating the room, and because I love Christmas, how exciting the first one will be!! I was thinking of copying some Arthur Rackham children's illustrations and putting them in cheap frames as a quick, easy, cheap, rental friendly decorating option.

We were going to be TTC in late Nov, but because we have had a stressful year we are now waiting until end of Dec. We are getting married in Nov and we were going to start trying just after that, but we decided we needed a holiday so we are going to Thailand for 9 days, I'm super excited and its only a month extra to wait. I have so much to do between now and then (Essay's final exams, wedding planning, wedding, holiday) that in someways it feels like its so close because I have so much to do and wonder how the heck I will get it all done, but then other times Dec feels so far away!!

Phew, that was a long post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->