wtt #1 in Dec/Jan

I'm hoping I'll have some sort from friends but I'm a bit worried, my parents live far away as do in laws so went me much help and as an only child my mom's only expend was with me and she admits parenting was never really her thing. I hope I have some friends I can ask things like breastfeeding questions etc to. I'm a but frightened of being all alone when dh is at work with no idea what to do and just crying literally over spilt milk

That is exactly what my fears are too. My mum lives in a different town and we aren't really close, I mean its not like we have had a falling out or anything, we are just really different people.

I don't even have any friends who have done this (some acquaintances but no one I'm close with) but I do have a step sister who has two boys, so I think she will be my baby freak out go to ( she lives in another city, so it will only be by phone)

I'm sure that support networks will make themselves clear, even if its other first time mums you meet through ante natal classes, or it might be a chance to develop a friendship with someone who was just an acquaintance.

lately I have been waking up in the middle of the night with the thought "What the hell are you planning on doing? Nothing will be the same NOTHING!! You aren't ready to be a parent!!!!" I guess that's natural, to have that doubt.

I know just how you feel Kiwi, sometimes I have those moments of panic too!! I also don't have many close friends with children and feel as though I won't have many peers around me that will be able to relate to my feelings or experiences when I fall pregnant. But you are so right, we have more control than we think when it comes to building and accessing our own networks of support.

Unlike many of you, I live within an hour of both my parents and my in-laws! I am very close with my parents, and my mum works with infants, so I feel so very fortunate to have her nearby. My worry is my in-laws...we are very, very different and our world views are polar opposites. Their approach to parenting will never be my own, and they already talk so much about how involved they'll be with the grandkids. To top it all off, mother-in-law works in a nursery at a hospital and just can't wait to "show me the ropes". I would rather figure it out in my own time, to be honest. And I don't know how to gently tell my OH that I won't be able to cope with her being around 3 or 4 days p/week. Oh well...I'm trying not to get too ahead of myself at this point, and just keep reminding myself that too much support is actually an excellent problem to have. I shouldn't complain!

Hopefully I'd you have a good relationship you can have a quiet word before baby comes and say your appreciate the advice but you'd like to work some of it out yourself and that it's a journey your baby you and partner need to go on together.

Getting closer everyone, how we all doing? For me it's starting to feel real now I have a date when I come off pill

Starting to try for first this fall. Just starting to look online today to get some guidance through this! Like the idea of having a buddy through the process!

Does anyone feel like their husbands/partners were ready before they were? I am going to go off my pill this fall but feel like he would have been happy if I went off it the day after our wedding!

Me three! Welcome Crazycatlady! Which month of Autumn are you starting?

I run out of birth control mid September so shortly after that. My dr. Is away until sept so I'm not able to go in to see what I should be doing. It sounds like a lot of you are already taking prenatal vitamins?

Any advice on what I should start doing now ? Did you all go to your doctor or just know what to do?

My Dr told me ages ago that once I choose to start I should take folic acid and wait until first proper period before ttc but if done lots of info gathering and find that research suggests 3 months or ttc folic acid is ideal and the only reason to wait for a period is to date your pregnancy so no health need. I do a lot of research but I also work with a gyne so can ask her some stuff. For you I'd start folic acid as a minimum (other prenatals are good but not essential), if you need to lose weight our stop smoking do that now and apart from that there's not much to it,

That's good advice Spicy.

Yes i've been taking folic acid for a couple of months now, and charting my cycles and using opks just to get to know my cycle really well ahead of ttc. I'm a massive data geek!

I've done a lot of research myself online and when I was last at the Drs i mentioned it to them and they gave me a print out of stuff to do, but it was nothing I didn't already know and a lot of it was for women who are already pregnant, such as what foods to avoid etc.
I already eat pretty healthily and cook from scratch, but if I didn't I would give my diet an overhaul to include lots of fresh food and meals made from scratch rather than processed food, as research shows that what the mother eats even before conception can affect the health of the baby.

Thanks! I knew about the folic acid but haven't started yet. I'm going to finish my bc first so that will make it easy to track periods. I know some say it can take a while after you go off the pill, but I know 2 girls who recently got pregnant within 2 weeks of going off bc so we will see!

I eat fairly healthy and not too worried about weight, although husband says I snack too much (haha). One thing I'm wondering about is cutting back on caffeine. I've heard mixed things. I don't drink a tonne of coffee, usually one cup every day, sometimes skip a day. But I do get headaches when I don't drink coffee for couple days, I think it's a family thing as my parents are addicted. Are you guys going to cut it our? Any advice on how to not get the headaches??

When I was pregnant my dr told me that a cup of coffee a day is fine. Some people prefer to cut it out, but it's just a personal choice. I cut down on caffeine intake while pregnant but still normally drank about a cup of coffee a day and have a perfectly healthy 7 month old baby now. :thumbup:

Hi crazycatlady
I'm taking folic acid and going to track cycles when I come off BC too. I only drink decaf tea or green tea. I reckon one cup a day is ok though especially if u get headaches. My doc just said to try straight after bc so that's what I am going to do.

i only have 1 cup of coffee in the morning then drink green tea or herbal tea such as ginger or peppermint all day while at work, then sometimes a decaf tea in the evening. I haven't thought whether I'm going to cut out my morning coffee yet, I'm quite sensitive to caffeine so don't drink much and wouldn't miss it if I switched to decaf so maybe I will. If I really loved it though I would still drink the one cup.

Don't be fooled green tea had cane in it!!! The tolerance allowed is something like 2-3 cups of coffee, I only drink a cup of tea so don't plan on changing much although I have problem with decaf either do may switch.If you get cane withdraw headaches then start reducing slowly to wean of it rather than cold turkey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->