WTT 30's Club

:dohh: Nevermind goddess25 - I've just looked properly and seen you're in Vancouver. Silly me :rofl:

Hi ladies,

I've enjoyed reading about how all of you came to be in this position. Well I have a bit of a novel...Not typically this wordy but here goes.

Me and DH started ttc for 2 months beginning at the end of May after getting married on 4/4/09 and now here we are, wtt. We got married and me, being 31 and slightly paranoid about all things, wanted to jump right into the baby making, terrified it may take us 2 years to get pg. I was on bcp for 11 yrs so this added to my fears. I was literally a crazy lady during that 2 months, my poor poor hubby. He wants it but he was okay with waiting a bit.

So how did this obsessively-trying-to-get-preggers girl end up in the wtt you may ask. Well things have a funny way of sorting themselves out now don't they. You see I had been planning our wedding for a year so the fact that I was dreadfully miserable with my job didn't slap me in the face until after we got back from the honeymoon and I had to go back to work. I was more miserable then ever. I could barely fake a smile and I am normally a very happy smiley type person. So then I threw myself into the baby making. Then a couple of realizations just hit me out of the blue one fine day not too long ago (like last week). #1 WTF you need to get a new career. #2 This is not fair to you, hubby or future baby if you are miserable #3 Wow you have not fulfilled your own dreams or potential with your career, time to hold off on the baby. GULP.

Now this was a very hard pill to swallow for someone who wants a baby more than anything right now. I was heartbroken but at the same time determined with new vigor to get a new career. I have a great contact who is going to help me get my foot in the door of the industry I want to get in. I'm really hoping I can get a job soon and start ttc again within 6 months.

So here's to enjoying some more freedom with my hubby, landing a great job and preparing my body by eating right and working out.

Hi ladies,

I'm Rhiana, I turned 30 in January my hubby has just turned 40. We're TTC in December 09.

We've been together almost 10 years, married almost a year. I MC'd when I was 24 and we realised at the time that although we were devastated we weren't ready.

But now we're more ready than ever. We've decided to wait until December so we can get some money behind us and it also allows me another 4 months to lose some weight. I've lost 3st so far and have about 2 more stone to lose.

Look forward to getting to know you all

xxxx

Hiya i am 32 and i have been married to Lee for nearly 9 years aug we have 3 lovely children 16,11 and 9 so why are we trying again WHY NOT yes theres a big gap but its sumthing i knew would happen to me id get into my 30's and feel the need again and i have lol, the reason we are waiting is becos i have a mirena coil fitted thats been mising in action !! as of May it has been located and i am now awaiting to once again be referred to have it removed possibly by key hole surgery !!:wacko: so as soon as its been whipped out il be moving over to ttc xx:kiss:

Hi All

(yay from me too for the 30+ WTT group) :happydance:

I'm 31 just July birthday.

I have been with my H for 11 years married for nearly 4.

I always thought we wouldn't have children but last year in May on holiday in Italy I met a little girl that changed my mind and bang the clock started ticking! Now I want one more than anything!

After 2 months I got to tell my H after I had got it all clear in my head! He thought July 2010 for TTC but he is really coming round to the idea and thought after christmas this year. But now he is really coming round to the idea and saying maybe this year.

He is even talking about when we have a baby :happydance: and his plans for the house.

So now I am popping my pills and waiting.....

That's my story

xx

Hi everyone -I am new to this all too
I am 36, have been with my OH for 10 years and we have 3 children - 15y.o,12y.o and 7y.o.
Always thought I'd be done by the time I reached 30 haha- this has really taken me by suprise - my intense broodiness -I wannabubba#4

Anyway not great timing, with my new job but in a few months hopefully i'll be over at TTC too
Nice to 'talk' or 'listen' to others about everything, speak to you all soon.
Good luck and have fun practicing lol

Welcome to all new members!

carriecinaz, its great that you are sorting your life out, in your case your job, before TTC. It's so much more sensible, just because we are in our 30's doesn't mean we have to jump into trying like madwomen, its important to be happy and to have addressed outstanding issues. I hope you get a job you like and you can soon get down to it.x

Rhiana79, great you are TTC in Dec, there a few members here that are going to the same month so you wil have some TTC buddies. Great about the weight loss, I have lost 20 kilos myself, and want to lose 6 more x

butterbaby76, many would think that now you children are getting older you are glutton for punishment to be starting all over again, but we are not them. You are still very young and I think its lovely you want another LO. Have you saved things from your other children? x

Welcome Norris, must have been a very special little girl the one in italy :winkwink: Really glad you have joined us x

wannabubba#4, lovely to read you here. you are butterbaby76 have a lot in common don't you, you would be great WTT/TTC buddies, really looking forward to reading, hope the new jobs allows you to soon get down to action x

Hugs to all :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hi: Everyone! It's wonderful to see so many of us coming together and chatting - I'm loving it :)

:hi: Everyone! It's wonderful to see so many of us coming together and chatting - I'm loving it :)

Yeah, it is lovely, and hard to believe there were so many of us and I didn't know. xxx

I know what you mean! I can't believe there are so many of us.... so lovely to know :hugs:

BAsically what happened was I accidently got pg in march 07 had a m/c. Prior to this i did not want babies period. It wasn't for me. Once I had the m/c it got me thinking about things. although had not made the decision to have a family. In Oct 07 I woke up one morning and my waking thought was I have to have a baby. I kept it to myself for a few weeks to make sure the feeling didn't go away as i was always anti babies (can you imagine :) anyway brought up the subject with husband and we decided to go for it. We agreed to start trying in May 08.. i had holidays booked and various other things. While WTT i thought i would try and understand my body so for 3 months did the fertility friend thing temps, looking at discharge to just get to know the signs of when i was ovulating. I have PCOS and had never really noticed any of these things before. Up until May I was still using condoms. In our first cycle trying i didn't use fertility friend just the signs that i had learned and pretty much just after my period finished, i had sex every 2 days for 2 weeks and managed to conceive.
I know i was very lucky but i wanted to learn about my body first just so i could recognise signs of ovulation i was clueless before.

Hi all, this is a great thread! I turn 34 in two weeks on the 10th of August and have a 2 1/2 year old son. I am slightly nervous about the process as I've had a mmc in the past which is when I decided I even wanted kids, sort of like goddess25...never wanted them before that pregnancy. Liam is such a joy but I think I'm finally ready. DH is still in the works, but this is apparently my last pack of pills so I guess next month is go time! :D

BAsically what happened was I accidently got pg in march 07 had a m/c. Prior to this i did not want babies period. It wasn't for me. Once I had the m/c it got me thinking about things. although had not made the decision to have a family. In Oct 07 I woke up one morning and my waking thought was I have to have a baby. I kept it to myself for a few weeks to make sure the feeling didn't go away as i was always anti babies (can you imagine :) anyway brought up the subject with husband and we decided to go for it. We agreed to start trying in May 08.. i had holidays booked and various other things. While WTT i thought i would try and understand my body so for 3 months did the fertility friend thing temps, looking at discharge to just get to know the signs of when i was ovulating. I have PCOS and had never really noticed any of these things before. Up until May I was still using condoms. In our first cycle trying i didn't use fertility friend just the signs that i had learned and pretty much just after my period finished, i had sex every 2 days for 2 weeks and managed to conceive.
I know i was very lucky but i wanted to learn about my body first just so i could recognise signs of ovulation i was clueless before.

Gosh thanks for all that info. I do think that all I will do is track periods at first, and really try to forget about the whole thing, just making sure we get plenty BD. However, who knows, I might be going mad temping and all sorts after 2 days. LOL

Welcome eclipse! Your Liam looks gorgeous! Such a cute pic. Sounds like you won't be in the WTT club for long! x

Thanks calm! :) And thanks for the warm welcome!

Wow - I miss a day on the forum and this thread has got big - it's great :happydance:

It's so nice to hear the positive stories from those of you who already have a child (or more than one). My mum got pregnant with me at 37 and as I was an accident I think we can call it equivalent of 'first month of trying'! Also my sis got pregnant first month at the age of 35.

I'm not sure yet whether we will go down the route of NTNP or the full on temping, OPKs etc. Problem is both DH and I tend to suffer from low libido so I'm worried we won't get much BD'ing in compared to most people. For that reason I'm even more torn - charting would mean we could time those few occasions to be at the 'right time' but on the other hand I think that NTNP would take the pressure off. Thinking "quick, I'm ovulating, we need to get it in today or else!" might just be too much pressure. I'm currently thinking I might track my cycles in the months running up to TTC to give me a rough idea of when in my cycle I ovulate but then once we actually start TTC, not stress about doing it as it will put too much pressure on us.

Sorry went off on a bit of a ramble then didn't I?!

K x

Hello, mind if I join in?

I'm 31 and although, like eclipse, I am on my last pack of pills I will probably not want to venture too much into the ttc section. I have had a peek in there and it seems there is a lot of obsessing about temping, charting, opks and poas every 5 minutes and i don't think i could handle the pressure!!!! i suppose from what i've read we would be considered to be ntnp, although the aim is most definitely to have a :baby: and i will be noting my cycle and figuring out roughly when i ov that way. and hubby is very pleased that this approach means we must :sex: very regularly!!!

I am beginning to get very nervous about the idea of getting pregnant and having a baby - not so much the pregnancy and birth, but the overwhelming changes to our lives. this feels a bit odd to me, because having babies is the only thing i have always been sure i wanted to do. guess reality is hitting. i am VERY excited, though, and can't wait to start growing a little person inside me. it's mind boggling, really.

we have been wtt mainly for financial reasons - we got married last year (anniversary in 1 1/2 weeks :happydance: ) and originally planned to start ttc straight away, but as the time got closer we realised that, with the added pressure of paying for the wedding, we just couldn't get things straightened out in time. now we are there, or close enough, and the waiting is almost over - feels like it has been such a long time.

sorry for rambling on so long - it's good to talk, as they say, and noone knows we are planning to ttc (although plenty of people keep asking 'aren't you pregnant yet? grr!) so it's really great to have people on here in similar situations

Hey girls and thanks to Calm for creating this group!

I am Paula aka Poppy! I am 31 years old and have a nine month old baby boy called Tristan.

I am a secondary school teacher but am on maternity leave at the moment. As I have moved down to Edinburgh (from Aberdeen) with my hubbie's job, I will have to go on the dreaded supply list for teaching after the summer hols.

Like a lot of you, I am genuinely shocked at the amount of people who think ttc in your late 20s or early 30s is old - I just thought that it was getting more and more the norm these days - especially, since a lot of women go through further education and a career before settling down.

I have been a member of B&B since September 2007 and started ttc then. The support you get on this site is great. I got pregnant in November 2007, but unfortunately miscarried early on. I had one month's break and fell pregnant the first cycle trying in January 2008 - nine months later, along came my beautiful son Tristan. So another positive ttc in your 30s story.

I am not sure when we are going to ttc number 2 yet, but hopefully within the next year or so. I am excited and a bit nervous about it - you hear of people easily concieving one baby and then taking ages for the next. So, I worry a bit about that. However, I am really excited about the prospect of another baby to add to our family.

Hi shambaby and Paula! :hi:

shambaby - we did exactly that when trying to have Alyssa; the thought of charting, temps, OPKs and the rest bamboozles me and feels like pressure to me. You could say that our approach was much more the NTNP style, although the aim was very much to get pregnant and I did know roughly when I was ov.

Paula - Tristan is utterly gorgeous!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->