WTT 30's Club

Good luck Calm! Keep us updated from time to time?

wow its been 2 days since i last logged in. tonnes of posts since then, welcome girls, its great to have this thread just dedicated to us over 30s bunch. I was feeling like a right old mum now i know that there are lots of us out there so its great!

Hi ladies, just been away for a week and suddenly the club's gone huge! It's great to see so many of us in the same boat. Just to tell you a bit about me...

I'll be 31 a week today! OH is 36 and we've been together 6 and a half years. Not married. I was ready for a baby before him and he took some convincing but finally agreed we can start trying in November. Ever since we agreed on a date I've been a bit nervous about the whole thing but he seems to have warmed to it. A couple of our friends have babies/are pregnant and he's able to see that it doesn't mean your life is over!

3 months till we start TTC so we're on vitamins and trying to eat more healthily. We're going away for a lovely 2 week holiday in October, to make the most of it still being just us and get nice and chilled out ready for the baby making!

Nice to meet you all!

I am still very out, but a quick hi to all members, lovely to read you all and your stories

Oooh! Can I join? :D

I'm 32 & WTT.
I was TTC last year (took 7 years to finally convince OH, lol!)
I fell pregnant in January 2009 but lost the baby at 12 weeks, I then went on to develop 'persistent gestational trophoblastic disease' which required chemotherapy treatment.
It's gone well & I should officially be in remission at the end of September :yipee:

Not sure when we will try again yet, I think by the doctors rules after xmas should be OK :)

Hope to meet you all soon xxx

OF COURSE dan-o, anyone over 29 are welcome. I am not around much, but plenty are, good luck with everything, christmas is a time for many of us xxx

Hi Girls

what do you think - my H says we will TTC in a few months - what do you take that to be - September, December?

Help!

xxxx

:hi: Hi there dan-o! Welcome aboard! So glad to hear your treatment is going well... can't wait to hear that you're officially in remission! :yipee:
xx

Hi Girls

what do you think - my H says we will TTC in a few months - what do you take that to be - September, December?

Help!

xxxx

Ask him for a number of months, and then ask for a written copy of his statement, men can be so bloody vague! Sounds like your TTC time is very near :happydance:

Hi all,

Nice to meet you and thanks for the welcomes. Dan-o, I hope you get your remission when you want.

I must apologise if I come across rude at times - I've not picked up the thanking etiquette properly yet and keep failing to do so! :dohh:

My TTC date might now be Nov because I've been called back to the GP after a rubella blood test, so think I might need to immunised. As it's a live vaccine, we'll have to wait before TTC so it does not infect the baby. From other forums, it seems some GPs say one month and some say three - and that could push us into November :nope:

Just found out SIL is due April with her second - so both delighted and a bit jealous!

Calm, I barely met you on here, but good on you for taking the time to get things sorted. Hope to welcome you back soon and follow your adventures in baby making.

xxx:hugs:

Welcome CurlyCasper, had to welcome you before I go on an Internet Diet and detox a bit from so much surfing! Good to be checking all those things like rubella and what not before hand, I had the tests not long ago too, was gutted I hadn't had that toxicowhatsit, so sure I would as I have been around cats all my life (that would eat gory bits of raw meat). Your TTC time is really near! xxx take care

good luck Dan-O!!!

Hope all goes well for you

xxxxx

Hi Girls

Help!

xxxx

That's slightly more specific than the response I got every time I asked ("soon...")

I finally had to get him to a restaurant (no risk of a row!) and force him once and for all to set a date. Worked though!

Hi everyone,

Dan-O; that's great news that you're in remission :happydance: - I hope it all goes well for you after Christmas.

So I just wanted to tell everyone my good news (well kind of good news).

I'm a very happy bunny today because I finally had 'the chat' with my boyfriend - we've been together 12 years and it's the first time we've actually sat down and discussed timeframes for marriage and babies etc... To my surprise he was quite at ease about it all (he's usually not very good at talking about serious stuff).

So at ease in fact that that he has said I ought to find out about maternity pay and work out how we will cope financially and practically etc; so we are now setting some goals such as paying off minor debts, sorting out pensions and me losing a bit of weight! (I've also made clear my traditional feelings that we should be married before having a family and he said don't worry about that...implying that it's not far of anyway!):cloud9:

I am sooo excited and wanted to share my good vibes with all you girlies out there:hugs:

Hi everyone,

Dan-O; that's great news that you're in remission :happydance: - I hope it all goes well for you after Christmas.

So I just wanted to tell everyone my good news (well kind of good news).

I'm a very happy bunny today because I finally had 'the chat' with my boyfriend - we've been together 12 years and it's the first time we've actually sat down and discussed timeframes for marriage and babies etc... To my surprise he was quite at ease about it all (he's usually not very good at talking about serious stuff).

So at ease in fact that that he has said I ought to find out about maternity pay and work out how we will cope financially and practically etc; so we are now setting some goals such as paying off minor debts, sorting out pensions and me losing a bit of weight! (I've also made clear my traditional feelings that we should be married before having a family and he said don't worry about that...implying that it's not far of anyway!):cloud9:

I am sooo excited and wanted to share my good vibes with all you girlies out there:hugs:

That sounds great and very positive, way to go :thumbup:

Thanks Calm - I'm sooo happy and wanted to tell everyone; but thought I'd best keep it anonymous for now...not sure if I'm ready for the wave of questions and advice that comes with telling the family these things ;-))

Good luck on your path to TTC - hope it's all going well :thumbup:

Well I'm off to bed; who knew sitting on your laptop for 2 hours could be so tiring lol...:sleep: night everyone who's online!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->