+ WTT baby number 1 +

I use My Fitness Pal, if you wanna check it out too. :blush: I like it because you can just search it's database for something if you grabbed something like fast food and it has all the info for it.

I'll join you lovely ladies! We're going to NTNP starting around July/August and really TTC starting in November. I'd say my biggest fear is that it will take a long time to TTC or that i'll have a mc, my 2nd biggest is actual labor i'd say!

OMG the thought of labour..... i'm excited but quite nervous too!!!!

I'll join you lovely ladies! We're going to NTNP starting around July/August and really TTC starting in November. I'd say my biggest fear is that it will take a long time to TTC or that i'll have a mc, my 2nd biggest is actual labor i'd say!

Hi, welcome to our thread!! :wave:

I share your biggest fear - that it'll take months, or years, to actually get pregnant. I'm not so scared of labor, as I have a high pain tolerance.... but then again, I don't know what labor pains are like, so I might be lying! :haha:

i worry about not being able to get pregnant too :( took my mum 9 years to fall pregnant with my eldest brother, i hope i wont be the same

I am terrified that I won't be able to conceive as well, so I get where you're coming from ladies. I have PCOS, and losing weight is a big part of being able to get pregnant eventually.

Labor kind of scares me, but I'm more afraid of something going wrong with me or the baby than the pain. Pain I can deal with! Death or permanent injury or something, not so much. :( This is depressing!

Labor scares me. My sister had 4 natural births and she handled it like a champ. She told me if you can’t take it, get that epidural. :thumbup:

I've already told DH that no matter what I say, I want that epidural. Hahaha. I don't want to be one of those women that think natural sounds like a good idea..just up until the point that it's too late to make the pain go away! :dohh: :haha:

i'm going to wait and see - i would like to have as natural a birth as possible but i'll be opting for and epidural if i need one.

i'm going to wait and see - i would like to have as natural a birth as possible but i'll be opting for and epidural if i need one.

I second this! I want to try for as little intervention as possible, and in fact the idea of a home birth has been growing on me...but if not, then whatever's best for the baby is what will happen :)

I'm hoping to be able to do a water birth (I know this isn't always possible if there are complications). I've heard it is much less painful and traumatic (and cleaner). Plus I love being in water-when I'm stressed out the best thing to calm me down is to submerge myself in water (I've been told that's because it simulates what it feels like to be inside the womb-but who knows). No epideral for me. I get nasty side effects from medications so I prefer to go without if possible. I think it's maybe because I never took medications when I was growing up. I took antibiotics once as a kid (and got very sick from them!) and didn't even take a Tylenol until I was about 13 (and have refused to take them since unless I have a fever). The only medication I take now is every few months I take a sedative for panic attacks (and even those I only take if absolutely necessary because they cause -extreme- memory loss and depression when I take them). Plus I have a huge pain tolerance (probably because I have always refused pain meds even after an appendectomy). And I've had my cervix dilated before so I have an idea of the pain (although I know it will be more severe when I have a 5-10lb baby coming out of me).
I'm more worried about complications, having to have a c-section, and one more thing...letting go of my bowels while delivering! lol. Sounds stupid but I heard once that it's very common. My mom says no one pays attention but I still worry about it.

I'm cool with having drugs. It's not like you get an award for having a natural birth! I'm putting my faith in science.

I'm cool with having drugs. It's not like you get an award for having a natural birth! I'm putting my faith in science.

Same here... I don't feel the need to experience the pain unless I absolutely have to. :haha:

I think i will need the drugs with my back :haha: i dont mind really, id love a water birth but if i cant then thats fine aslong as LO was fine i wouldnt mind :)

I have noticed there is a rather big baby boom atm! Makes me even more broody noooo!
I'm not realllly worried about labour but I have recently found out that my local hospital now has a birthing centre and no longer offeres epidurals or any emergency baby care, I'd have to be transferred to a diff hospital now :( Although I do want a natural birth I like to have the option. I'm also worried cos I suffer from anxiety, even more so when hormonal, and am on citalopram eepers. I don't want to be forced to come off them really but I don't want to hurt my baby so its a hugee descision! Bring it all on though a challenge is good! xx

I'm hoping to be able to do a water birth (I know this isn't always possible if there are complications). I've heard it is much less painful and traumatic (and cleaner). Plus I love being in water-when I'm stressed out the best thing to calm me down is to submerge myself in water (I've been told that's because it simulates what it feels like to be inside the womb-but who knows). No epideral for me. I get nasty side effects from medications so I prefer to go without if possible. I think it's maybe because I never took medications when I was growing up. I took antibiotics once as a kid (and got very sick from them!) and didn't even take a Tylenol until I was about 13 (and have refused to take them since unless I have a fever). The only medication I take now is every few months I take a sedative for panic attacks (and even those I only take if absolutely necessary because they cause -extreme- memory loss and depression when I take them). Plus I have a huge pain tolerance (probably because I have always refused pain meds even after an appendectomy). And I've had my cervix dilated before so I have an idea of the pain (although I know it will be more severe when I have a 5-10lb baby coming out of me).
I'm more worried about complications, having to have a c-section, and one more thing...letting go of my bowels while delivering! lol. Sounds stupid but I heard once that it's very common. My mom says no one pays attention but I still worry about it.

I would ideally like to have a water birth too - that would be my absolute heaven!!! I don't do well with medications either - even anti-sickness meds make me throw up.
I really do NOT want a c-section; and the whole pooing while giving birth.... OMG i hope that doesn't happen. Apparently most people don't even know it's happened - so i'm praying if it does happen that I dont know about it. When are you planning to TTC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->