• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

+ WTT baby number 1 +

Ladies...all this talk (earlier on in the thread) has got me going again on my cardigan I'm knitting... I'm determined to finish it so I can make a start on little baby things :)

:happydance: thats good :D makes u more determind when u know u have things to make afterwards ;)

My DH is so weird about me making our buying anything for our future children until they've been conceived, but luckily my first nephew was born a month ago so I've been able to indulge in making baby blankets and baby shopping recently.
I've done surprizingly well with handling my sister having had a baby, but I'm having super jealousy issues concerning my 15 pregnant friends.

It's hard when there's loads of people that you know that are parading around with their bumps! There's a lot of mums-to-be in my family at the minute which is really hard for me.

I'd love to start buying baby things already :D But my WTT date isn't until 2013...

Oh the jealousy pangs are awful! And I keep torturing myself by looking at facebook albums of all the newborns and baby bumps my friends and family keep posting!

I wish I could start buying or making baby things, but my DH might crap his pants if I did, haha. Which would only further push our TTC date I'm sure. Plus having all the little stuff around might make the pangs even worse. I've resigned to opening a bank account and putting some of my "fun" money in it each month to save up for baby. It's a good compromise for me, and I know when we do start TTC being able to surprise the hubs with the extra stash will be a very good thing. He's very fiscally-motivated. ;)

Whenever I get a really bad broody moment I go and hang out with my nephew or god daughter. My nephew used to be a terror so it was like birth control seeing him. Now not so much. He just makes me want kids more and more, haha. My OH just lets me ramble on and on about it, he just doesn't say much back. lol

Ladies...all this talk (earlier on in the thread) has got me going again on my cardigan I'm knitting... I'm determined to finish it so I can make a start on little baby things :)

Nice!! I've been knitting baby bibs lately. :) Some are for my sisters baby that will be born in Aug. and some are just going to be put away for me... for hopefully the not too distant future.

It's hard to find good maternity clothing to knit. :( I found one sweater pattern I might try.

Kerjack that's how my DH is, haha. Will let me ramble on, but I eventually just get frustrated because I can tell he's just feigning interest. I know men are different from women and that most just won't get baby fever or get excited about a future family, but I still *wish* it wasn't that way. I have all the faith in the world that if/when I do get pregnant, DH will be 110% in it - reading the books, picking out the gear, discussing names, etc etc.. but I kinda still wish I could have like.. 20% of that excitement now, to know that I won't have to twist his arm into such a monumental thing like becoming a daddy. :/ It keeps spurring fights between us so lately I've tried very hard to just avoid the baby talks with him altogether!

Also, sorry if it's a silly question, but what does OH stand for? See it around here all the time but can't figure it out (other than from context that it means your sig other).

Funny you ask about OH as I use that for my Other Half but I am wondering what DH stand for??

Oh right ok ha ha makes sense now :) I may use that but just so used to using OH

Kerjack that's how my DH is, haha. Will let me ramble on, but I eventually just get frustrated because I can tell he's just feigning interest. I know men are different from women and that most just won't get baby fever or get excited about a future family, but I still *wish* it wasn't that way. I have all the faith in the world that if/when I do get pregnant, DH will be 110% in it - reading the books, picking out the gear, discussing names, etc etc.. but I kinda still wish I could have like.. 20% of that excitement now, to know that I won't have to twist his arm into such a monumental thing like becoming a daddy. :/ It keeps spurring fights between us so lately I've tried very hard to just avoid the baby talks with him altogether!

Also, sorry if it's a silly question, but what does OH stand for? See it around here all the time but can't figure it out (other than from context that it means your sig other).

My OH is exactly the same doesnt get baby fever one bit and doesnt see the excitement in it at all, i wished he would feel the yearning that us ladies get to have a child but im hoping once we are pregnant he will be happy about it then....or i can but hope :haha:

That is the thing I know my husband wants a baby and I know he wanted one by the time he was 30 and he will be 33 in 16 days but the thing is he is still the one insisting on us waiting until I have finished my exams!! which makes it so much worse as we both want a baby now but he is just being so stubborn!!

Mine too!! He's to the point now where he won't even talk about it!! The minute I bring up ANYTHING baby-related he totally just shuts down on me and goes silent. It's sooo frustrating!!

yeah mine always changes the subject pretty sharpish its really frustrating when he knows just how much i want it and i think it will make us complete being a little family

Whenever I get mad cause he's not paying attention or really showing no interest he just says "There's no need to talk about something that isn't there. If we do all the talking now, what will we talk about when the time comes?". haha it definatly shuts me up. Kinda makes me mad too.

Whenever I get mad cause he's not paying attention or really showing no interest he just says "There's no need to talk about something that isn't there. If we do all the talking now, what will we talk about when the time comes?". haha it definatly shuts me up. Kinda makes me mad too.

mine says that too i get mad too :growlmad: he also says "all the talking about it in the world isnt going to make me want a baby any sooner" :dohh::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

mine says that too i get mad too :growlmad: he also says "all the talking about it in the world isnt going to make me want a baby any sooner" :dohh::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:
Ughhh mine too! At least I'm not alone in getting angry about all this! On the one hand I'd get so frustrated with him, then on the other I'd be wondering if I was justified in those feelings or if I was being unfair or some crazy wife. Glad to know that if I am crazy at least I'm not the only one. ;) I wish they had something they wanted this badly so that our DHs could at least understand how we feel, since they can't relate to the desire for LO's. I've tried to make the analogy of sex, "Well how would you feel if I told you you couldn't have sex until next year, kept extending that date, and I didn't even want to talk about it?" Buuut that just ticks him off and doesn't really accomplish what I'm trying to do. :shrug: :haha:

Ughhh mine too! At least I'm not alone in getting angry about all this! On the one hand I'd get so frustrated with him, then on the other I'd be wondering if I was justified in those feelings or if I was being unfair or some crazy wife. Glad to know that if I am crazy at least I'm not the only one. ;) I wish they had something they wanted this badly so that our DHs could at least understand how we feel, since they can't relate to the desire for LO's. I've tried to make the analogy of sex, "Well how would you feel if I told you you couldn't have sex until next year, kept extending that date, and I didn't even want to talk about it?" Buuut that just ticks him off and doesn't really accomplish what I'm trying to do. :shrug: :haha:

:haha: I might try this.... since the actual purpose of sex is to make babies!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->