• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

+ WTT baby number 1 +

Whenever I get mad cause he's not paying attention or really showing no interest he just says "There's no need to talk about something that isn't there. If we do all the talking now, what will we talk about when the time comes?". haha it definatly shuts me up. Kinda makes me mad too.

mine says that too i get mad too :growlmad: he also says "all the talking about it in the world isnt going to make me want a baby any sooner" :dohh::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:
Ughhh mine too! At least I'm not alone in getting angry about all this! On the one hand I'd get so frustrated with him, then on the other I'd be wondering if I was justified in those feelings or if I was being unfair or some crazy wife. Glad to know that if I am crazy at least I'm not the only one. ;) I wish they had something they wanted this badly so that our DHs could at least understand how we feel, since they can't relate to the desire for LO's. I've tried to make the analogy of sex, "Well how would you feel if I told you you couldn't have sex until next year, kept extending that date, and I didn't even want to talk about it?" Buuut that just ticks him off and doesn't really accomplish what I'm trying to do. :shrug: :haha:

LMAO!!! i say exactly the same to mine too! :haha: im glad im not the only one either :haha: it never works when i say that to him though :dohh: i just think its one of those things MEN WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND :dohh::dohh::dohh: lol x

I cannot discuss babies with my DH as he just ignores me or tries to make out I am mental and need to see a doctor!!! makes me so damn angry!

Really unfair. :(

I need to figure out a way to distract myself; I feel like I'm in such a rut lately! I know I should be thankful for and appreciating the time with my DH as newlyweds, but all I can seem to think about is that next chapter and how much I want to be a mom. Anytime I think about how far away that will be I just feel glum. :/ Ack! I wanna shake it already! haha.

Whenever I get mad cause he's not paying attention or really showing no interest he just says "There's no need to talk about something that isn't there. If we do all the talking now, what will we talk about when the time comes?". haha it definatly shuts me up. Kinda makes me mad too.

mine says that too i get mad too :growlmad: he also says "all the talking about it in the world isnt going to make me want a baby any sooner" :dohh::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:
Ughhh mine too! At least I'm not alone in getting angry about all this! On the one hand I'd get so frustrated with him, then on the other I'd be wondering if I was justified in those feelings or if I was being unfair or some crazy wife. Glad to know that if I am crazy at least I'm not the only one. ;) I wish they had something they wanted this badly so that our DHs could at least understand how we feel, since they can't relate to the desire for LO's. I've tried to make the analogy of sex, "Well how would you feel if I told you you couldn't have sex until next year, kept extending that date, and I didn't even want to talk about it?" Buuut that just ticks him off and doesn't really accomplish what I'm trying to do. :shrug: :haha:

That is a good point.. I like it. :thumbup:

I don't get it? I would think they would want to shut us up and just give us what we want? I don't get it at all.

I don't get it? I would think they would want to shut us up and just give us what we want? I don't get it at all.
Haha. If we wanted a puppy or a new fridge they probably would. A baby isn't something you concede on to shut your woman up, lol.

My DH and I used to be in the same position, he kept shutting down when I'd bring it up, he always had a reason why we should WTT. I came to the conclusion that I would set a date for the future (he would not know the date I choose, or that I was even doing this, I just stopped bring up baby business), and I would not bring it up again until then (I set the day for a year away). If he brought it up that would be fine, but I wasn't going to bring it up before him until my set date. I just didn't want him to resent me if he gave in and we ended up having a baby before he was ready. He finally came around a few months later, way before I had planned to bring up the topic of a baby again. He's finally about as excited as me. We TTC for a few months and now we're separated by his job so the TTC is currently on a 6 month wait. The other day we were on the phone and he was telling me how jealous he was of his friends talking about their kids. The desire for a baby has been a bonding point for the two of us now that we're both on board.
I hope that all of you will have a time like this when your OH comes around and has a realistic view of what you've been going through and feeling while you've been waiting for him to come around.

My DH and I used to be in the same position, he kept shutting down when I'd bring it up, he always had a reason why we should WTT. I came to the conclusion that I would set a date for the future (he would not know the date I choose, or that I was even doing this, I just stopped bring up baby business), and I would not bring it up again until then (I set the day for a year away). If he brought it up that would be fine, but I wasn't going to bring it up before him until my set date. I just didn't want him to resent me if he gave in and we ended up having a baby before he was ready. He finally came around a few months later, way before I had planned to bring up the topic of a baby again. He's finally about as excited as me. We TTC for a few months and now we're separated by his job so the TTC is currently on a 6 month wait. The other day we were on the phone and he was telling me how jealous he was of his friends talking about their kids. The desire for a baby has been a bonding point for the two of us now that we're both on board.
I hope that all of you will have a time like this when your OH comes around and has a realistic view of what you've been going through and feeling while you've been waiting for him to come around.

:thumbup: aww isnt that nice, i hope that my OH reaches that point, would love to have him as excited as i am about it :thumbup:

so much for my broodiness being under control :( its hit me like a ton of bricks the past 48 hours :( doesnt help more people have announced that they are expecting and they are a lot younger than me! :growlmad: i dont know if i can even wait till new year :(

I'm feeling like you odd_socks. I just went out with 3 of my good friends last night, they all have kids. All they did was talk about them, made me so jealous :(

Aww.. sorry Kerjack and odd_socks, it's hard when you're real broody and everyone you know is getting pregnant.

I had a good moment with my husband yesterday; we were snuggling in the afternoon, just chatting and I brought up the topic of babies. :) I was so pleased to hear him say that he's scared, but excited for trying. yay! Then we talked about how I'm a little nervous too, but really excited. I'm so happy that he's getting excited too! :D

I was in the spare room today trying to sort out some junk before my mum comes tomorrow...I was trying to figure how I'd arrange it into a nursery... Think I've come up with a plan... It won't be how I'd ideally have it, but it would allow me to have a cot and all the baby stuff, and still keep the spare double bed for if we have visitors (OH and I could share with the LO when we have his folks to stay, and they get our room). We're very lucky that our spare room is a good size double...

Aww.. sorry Kerjack and odd_socks, it's hard when you're real broody and everyone you know is getting pregnant.

I had a good moment with my husband yesterday; we were snuggling in the afternoon, just chatting and I brought up the topic of babies. :) I was so pleased to hear him say that he's scared, but excited for trying. yay! Then we talked about how I'm a little nervous too, but really excited. I'm so happy that he's getting excited too! :D

awww thats good then :D :thumbup: i cant wait to hear my OH say that :haha:

I was in the spare room today trying to sort out some junk before my mum comes tomorrow...I was trying to figure how I'd arrange it into a nursery... Think I've come up with a plan... It won't be how I'd ideally have it, but it would allow me to have a cot and all the baby stuff, and still keep the spare double bed for if we have visitors (OH and I could share with the LO when we have his folks to stay, and they get our room). We're very lucky that our spare room is a good size double...

Aww i think about it sometimes too, as chances are OH and i will be at my parents when we first have LO as the top floor is all mine anyway and gives us chance to get settled and a place etc, so the spare room would be the nursery and think about how id love to have it :haha:

It's lovely to think about.. I probably won't make it into a proper nursery, unfortunately, as I've just made some beautiful (and expensive!) curtains for the room, and would probably want to keep the room pretty flexibly use-wise... But perhaps when it comes down to it I won't be able to resist. The walls are just plain and magnolia, so could probably have some fun with some little stencils or something! I think I'd have to have a girl, though, as the curtains have flowers on them LOL

:haha: aww maybe if u wanted to keep it plain u could have some pictures or canvases on the wall to make it more like a nursey and then change them when it needs to be spare room or something :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->