WTT till Aug/Sept 2014. Gender swaying?

TNT13

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm new to this website, made the switch from BabyCenter. A good website, but not for those WTT. I'm 23, my husband is 27. We are newlyweds this year and suffered a miscarriage earlier this year. For pure entertainment we looked into ways to sway the gender of a baby, and his sister told us about the Chinese Gender chart and how it's worked for everyone she knows. So just for kicks, were planning to TTC when the gender chart says we will have a boy. I would ADORE any gender baby, but we are the last couple to give his family a boy to carry on their traditional Italian family name...no pressure. Ironically the gender chart month is perfect timing for everything else in our life financially, educationally and emotionally, so why not! This next year is really dragging on so far! I even have a countdown app on my phone that tells me how many days! Only 329 days to go!

Anyone else in the long haul till next year and even considered gender swaying?

Yes me! When I was TTC number 2 I used the Chinese calendar, it said August for a boy, September for a girl. Our 1st is a boy, so we tried for a girl. Well, I conceived either like the 31st August/1st September and number 2 was a boy! So I don't really know if It was correct or not lol. My first was not planned, though I looked on the calendar while pregnant to see and it said boy and was right!

We're TTC no. 3 in the next few months, not sure what the calendar says this time, but I won't get my hopes up lol!

(I should add, my OHs family have had no girls in the family for 120 years!)

Thats awesome purplerat!! Thankfully my calledar has multiple months in a row for a boy and we are going to be using the positions for ejaculation that helps the male sperm. Im trying a few different things that are supposed to sway men as well like extra folic acid etc.

In-gender is a good site to use for swaying. I have used some of the information on there to sway for a girl, in 2011. I did get a baby girl(but she was born sleeping at 20 weeks and 4 days). So it does work. I'm WTT until July of next year. I may try some of the things again to sway for another girl, but if we have another boy he will be a blessing to!!

We may use it... a boy first may be nice. It's also up to us to carry on the family name, so I know how that goes!
I'm looking at the same timeframe as you, so hoping it goes fast for all of us!!

Hallo, I am not sure about my date yet and still need to discuss with DH, although we discussed baby names tonight, but I am hoping to TTC next year August September because chinese gender prediction says boy and that's what we are hoping for. It was right first time round with my DD as well as my friend's babies.

I wouldn't use the Chinese Gender Chart as I generally am quite sceptical, though I'd like to have a boy as well as my OH is also the last to carry the family name in his family. But I would be happy either way.

Only ten months left! :)

Even though it's really only a 50/50 chance of being correct, im not really betting on it to work, but it was correct for several women in my family. That time of the year just happens to fit in perfect with our "plan" lol

Ooo we're waiting til aug 14 - and though only really want a healthy happy baby, if theres some natural things we could do to sway for a girl then i'm sure we would.
I have heard that girl sperm last longer so should bd a few days before ovulating as they'll be the only ones left!
What/how does the chinese calendar thing work? I've not heard of it before!

We are waiting until July/Aug and would really like a boy. The Chinese gender chart was wrong for us with DD

It's a calendar where you match up your "lunar age" which is just what your age would be if it were calculated at conceptions instead of birth, and you match that age with a month and it says if the month is blue or pink, meaning that month would be a boy or girl. Either way theres a 50/50 chance lol

Genderdreaming has a lot of info on genderswaying as well.

I have NO IDEA how I feel about swaying...

On one hand:
-We do want a specific sex next time
-It seems like gender is swayed one way or another, why not try to sway a certain way?
-Different ratios in which sex is born from country to country suggests that some things DO sway the likelihood of sex.

On the other hand:
-It doesn't give a guarantee, the best odds I've seen are a little over 60%, so that's still a little under 40% failure
-There's no way to know exactly WHAT actually sways one way or another
-I think it would suck to sway, not have it work out, and possibly have your kid find out that you tried for another sex... That can't be nice to find out.

It's a calendar where you match up your "lunar age" which is just what your age would be if it were calculated at conceptions instead of birth, and you match that age with a month and it says if the month is blue or pink, meaning that month would be a boy or girl. Either way theres a 50/50 chance lol

If that's the case- how often is it reliable? People whose parents weren't charting- their parents may not have known their exact date of conception, and then you'd have to ask your parents for that info and hope they know/remember....

Thanks. I wonder how it would work with the fact i was 2 weeks late?

Hey were wtt next July/Aug/Sept, no exact date in mind just wait and sees what happens I suppose!! Both of our kiddies were erm happy surprises so we would love a happy planned baby now that we are married!!

As for gender swaying,we would both love another boy but if we had another girl we'd be equally as happy. I found a chart that was pretty spot on for most people we know and.both of my own so if we were to fall next Aug/Sept it does say boy.

Hi :wave: DH and I have just decided to start TTC end of July. Though I am hoping to concieve some time in August or September. For baby #2 and I would love to have another boy. haven't looked into gender swaying before, but it sounds really interesting and worth a shot. Though a healthy baby is the first priority of course. :flower:

Next time i get pregnant i would love for a girl :)

Why are you girls waiting until August 2014? For me, it's because of my job. It would be best to give birth in May or June so my colleagues don't get swamped with work. My OH agreed to TTC in July, so waiting that extra month will be very hard for me, also since I'm already 31 atm.

Work too - i'm starting a new job next week and only have a fixed contract for the first year which will be made permant after that 1st year (std for new employees) so i want to know i have my permanant contract in place before announcing a pregnacy.
Really hard as before i applied for this new job we had set a date of april - but i'd rather wait the 3 extra months and know i'd be financially secure than be worrying during the pregnancy that they'd find some reason to not give me the permant contract! Also gives me another few months saving so thats a little bonus.

I am finishing up my degree in accounting and I will be done Spring 2014. I am currently working part time and there is no use in me finding a full time job until after I have baby #2. As I would have to work there for a year before I could be guaranteed my job back. And my husband should have a promotion by then so we will be much better off financially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->