WTT till Aug/Sept 2014. Gender swaying?

I don't believe in it but if I did there's one day in about 5 months when I could have a girl due to my birthday... maybe il try hard on 1st Jan 15 anyway..

I don't believe in it but if I did there's one day in about 5 months when I could have a girl due to my birthday... maybe il try hard on 1st Jan 15 anyway..

Love it..lol

just realised today that if I was ttc this month we could have a baby due about DH birthday.
funny the things we get in our heads wtt.

Hi ladies, new here to the wtt section:hi: I used the gender predictor during my pregnancy with our dd and it was accurate:haha: we will definitely be trying to sway for a boy although another girl would be lovely too and we will probably start ntnp end of July early August, cant wait to expand our little family:flower:

As we will be TTC the end of August, I'd like to take the opportunity next summer to enjoy some music festivals and go crazy one last time before a long period of abstinence. Do any of you girls have similar plans?
I must confess, looking forward to these festivals is also helping me with the wait, making sure I have something to do in those last weeks to stop me from going crazy.
I do worry about alcohol consumption though. I'm not a big drinker, but I suppose I better wait for some time after the last festival before TTC?

^ Thats a good point, I'm a mild drinker too, I'll probably stop drinking the month before.

As we will be TTC the end of August, I'd like to take the opportunity next summer to enjoy some music festivals and go crazy one last time before a long period of abstinence. Do any of you girls have similar plans?
I must confess, looking forward to these festivals is also helping me with the wait, making sure I have something to do in those last weeks to stop me from going crazy.
I do worry about alcohol consumption though. I'm not a big drinker, but I suppose I better wait for some time after the last festival before TTC?
Idk about that one..lol the night we concieved dd we both had a few drinks so I really dont know if alcohol has any effect on ttc. I actually have 4 friends who got pregnant after a night of drinking but then again every body is different so if you feel like you should wait then do what makes you feel comfortable:thumbup:

I've had some friends conceiving on a drunk night out as well :) I guess we'll just see what happens. Either way, I normally do live very healthy and don't drink except at special occasions, so even if I 'go wild', I can't really handle that much alcohol.

Happy November everyone, 10 months left ;)

Hey Ladies

Can I join :) I am hoping to be able to TTC august/sept. I just miscarried at the beginning of Oct, had a VERY RARE ectopic pregnancy, in my uterus on my c-section scar... long story but my uterus was very close to rupturing. So I need to wait a minimum of 3 months for the methotrexate (a drug they gave me to shrink the mass I had in my uterus) then wait long enough for my uterus to heal. My doc said 3 - 6 months form when the mass is gone... They said it could take a few months for the mass to be gone.. Although I had an ultrasound today and it has shrunk so that's good news!!!

It's so rare that the 2 obs in the ER (each with 30 yrs experience) said they had never seen this... sigh...

Anywho Canadabear, I wanted to help you clarify as I live in Canada. If you are eligible for Unemployment insurance you get 16 weeks of maternity benefits then 32 weeks of parental benefits, they split it like this since either parent can take the 32 weeks, and only the mother can take the maternity. Your employer MUST keep your job, legally. A lot of companies top up the government benefits (since the max government benefit amount is between $750 - $800 every 2 weeks), some for 6 months others for the full year. So I'm guessing that your employer tops up to your normal salary (or close to it) for 6 months. It's important to know your rights. I have had 2 DS's (6 yr old and 1 yr old) one only with government benefits, and one with my employer topping up, so if you have any questions let me know.

As for gender swaying, I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting/trying for a particular gender, realistically I think most people have preferences but are afraid to say it. It doesn't mean that you won't love the baby you have no matter what, they come out and all of that just goes out the window. I have 2 sons, so would love to have a little girl, we do joke that it will be twin boys :) and that would be fantastic!!! After what I've just been through I will be VERY VERY happy with a baby that sticks to the correct place in my uterus!!!

Take Care.

Kim

Welcome Kim! So sorry to hear of your miscarriage! I suffered a miscarriage at the end of April. Although I want to wait till Aug/Sept, DH and I always love a curve ball! AF is currently 3 days late but all BFN's so far! Who know's what's going on or if my body is just playing games on me lol

Anywho Canadabear, I wanted to help you clarify as I live in Canada. If you are eligible for Unemployment insurance you get 16 weeks of maternity benefits then 32 weeks of parental benefits, they split it like this since either parent can take the 32 weeks, and only the mother can take the maternity. Your employer MUST keep your job, legally. A lot of companies top up the government benefits (since the max government benefit amount is between $750 - $800 every 2 weeks), some for 6 months others for the full year. So I'm guessing that your employer tops up to your normal salary (or close to it) for 6 months. It's important to know your rights. I have had 2 DS's (6 yr old and 1 yr old) one only with government benefits, and one with my employer topping up, so if you have any questions let me know.

Take Care.

Kim

:huh::dohh:
well.. I like that a heck of a lot more now! :winkwink:
I thought it was only a max of 12 months total, but had to be taken during the first 32 weeks? And I didn't realise that you get to keep your job?!! That would be GREAT!

By the way, :hugs: to you and hope you are feeling better. That must have been quite the shock for you! Never heard of it myself either.
Hope the meds are helping as well. :flower:

So TNT have you tested :) haha I believe things happen when they are meant to :)

I am okay with my mc, feel that things happen for a reason.

Canadabear, yeah the information can be confusing for sure, for my last pregnancy I shared part of my year off with my OH, he took 9 weeks and then I took the rest (16+ 21) it worked really well for us. You have to take the time in the 52 weeks after the birth of the baby, and if your DH takes some of the leave you can overlap, that's what we did, he took 9 weeks at the beginning, it was great we had the summer off together :)

klsltsp, yes I have tested and this is what I got below. That was 3 days ago with evening urine. I tool another this morning with FMU and it was really negative. I'm getting so frustrated. I just want my BFP or to start bleeding already. The inbetween stuff is really getting to me. Last time I didnt get my BFP till I was like 8 weeks then miscarried at 10, but my HCG levels were what a 5 week pregnancy would be at, so i'm just in a shamble of stress. This all seems to be one big mean joke right now. My little sister is being induced today, and I've got to sit and watch her have a baby when I'm fighting to have my own.

Attachments

• canvas.png
    canvas.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 4
  • hfdf.png
    hfdf.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 4
Welcome to the thread, kls. :hugs:

I'm sorry you test was negative TNT. I know how irregular periods can drive you crazy (and spend waaay to much money on pregnancy tests). Are you tracking you cycles?

Thanks Eline, I track my cycle numbers, but not my ovulation. Today is day 6 of late AF. I took a dollar store test last night and got the image below. But when I test in the AM, it's negative. It might be to early to test, and I have a feeling I might be an "evening tester" because my last pregnancy showed BFP in the evening too.

Attachments

• 20131108_080014_opt.jpg
    20131108_080014_opt.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 50
  • 20131108_074119_opt.jpg
    20131108_074119_opt.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 6
hey ladies

wow tnt how irritating!! hopefully you get that proper bfp tonight!!! Big hugs and keep us posted!!

Hi Eline thanks for the welcome!

Did you do another test this week, TNT?

Is anyone else already into Christmas shopping? I always want to start on time and I ALWAYS end having to do a lot of last minute shopping.

so far i have gotten my best friends gift, and my mothers. with my family, we have a $20 price limit for gifts, and i simply don't do well with low limits when it comes to gifts. my mothers was $5-, and my besties was around $30 -not entirely sure on that one, it was bought online, so when conversion etc is added, it may be more-

Eline, I had blood work done yesterday and I should be getting the results back at the end of today. SHOULD be, you know how Dr.'s can be lol Today is day 12 w/o AF. Oh gosh, I havent even thought about Christmas shopping yet. My DH and I are moving at the end of this month so that's what we've been focused on lately

I hope the results of your test are good.

As my OH is away for the weekend, I have planned a pre-Christmas shopping spree. :xmas23: Hopefully I can already get a lot of stuff, so I can avoid the December Christmas shoppers stampede this year.

Sorry I haven't updated this thread yet! My HCG's came back at 2, so negative. i'm still pretty confused because my period is now 18 days late. I used to have periods that would fluctuate a few times, but since my miscarriage 7 months ago it has been on time like clockwork, and when I started birth control like 8 years ago, the fluctuating periods stopped and were perfect, so I dont believe that I "just have an irregular period" or a "hormone imbalance". If I dont get my period by mid dec. i'm going to schedule an U/S. My last pregnancy didnt get a positive till i was 8 weeks so maybe thats whats going on?

But what I'm most confused about is that ( I know i ovulated, I felt it) If i didnt have my period, does that mean that the egg is still there, and would I ovulate this cycle too? DH and I :sex: on the last day of my ovulation if i WERE to ovulate just in case

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->