WTT till Aug/Sept 2014. Gender swaying?

Im waiting for that Aug/Sept 2014 because those months would be the more "gentle" months for me to be pregnant, and because DH really wants a summer baby. Everyone in our family is born in a winter/fall month and we want our baby to have it's own birthday month. We are also waiting because looking at bills and calendars, then is when we would have all our bills finished up and finished with my degree. By the time the baby comes out, I'll be 25 and DH will be 30 a few months after that and that seems like a good age for us to have children. It also gives us time to sow our newlywed oats and get our house ready for a baby. All we care about is a healthy baby, but it's always a little fun to try.

Referring to the comment about gender disappointment, I don't think it will be that big of a deal. We find ourselves thinking of beautiful girl names and daydreaming about ballet just as much as baseball, so we would be just as happy with a little girl as a boy. This is pure curiosity.

We are waiting for DH to get his permanent residency and work permit for Canada. I am working full time but only get 6 months maternity leave. I will get another 6 months through the Canadian government but probably will have to give up my job. We are hoping to have everything in place for DH to start working when I go on maternity leave.

'Only' six months? :shock: Maybe you mean weeks? Six months is a lot!

Eline are you uk or us? (soz fairly new to the fourm just starting to get to know everyone) I only as as uk has 9 months statatory mat pay with an optional extra 3 months unpaid but they have to keep your job open. In which case 6 months to me would feel like 'only' too.

I wish we got 6 months off!!! That would be amazing! With DD I took 10 weeks off and I don't know how long I will be able to take off with #2.

Anyone else seriously struggling with the broodyness??? I've never really been bloody before cause both my sprogs were happy surprises but this time cause we are planning this bub I'm so freaking broody it's crazy. There's no way I could handle being pregnant right now or even in 9months a new born wouldn't be practical but ugh wish the next 9months would hurry up!!!:dohh:

I am definitely very broody! My BFF is trying for her 2nd right now and we had our daughters 4 weeks apart! But we are not in the financial situation right now to have another baby.

Well we had talks today and I think we may be NTNP sooner rather than later :happydance:

'Only' six months? :shock: Maybe you mean weeks? Six months is a lot!
Sorry just feels like a really short time to me. In Canada, at least in BC, I think its 15 weeks maternal leave and then parental leave for the remainder of the year. I could be wrong about that but I think that's what the government give you. Unfortunatly that does not mean your job is there for that whole time. I believe employeers have to give you the mat leave of 15 weeks....wait just thought it might be 13??!! Anyways, they have to give you that first bit. Some jobs give you longer. Mine gives you a total of 6 months. But if you choose to use goverment funded parental leave after that then you have to give notice at work. I already know I will not be ready to go back to work after 6 months. So we need to make sure DH can.

Well we had talks today and I think we may be NTNP sooner rather than later :happydance:

That is exciting!!!! I'm so broody and jealous.. ha ha. :happydance: for you!
My count down timer on my phone is glaring at me with still over 200 days to wait!

I only have 8 weeks maternity leave, one week to be taken before birth. :( I try not to think about it too much. Maybe once I'm pregnant, I can try to arrange something with my boss, or maybe cut down my hours after birth. I don't know yet.

That's great news MadameJ!

Here in nz we get 6 months mat leave, then a further 12 mknths government funded parental leave if we want it. I plan to make use of the entire 18 month allowance. Sure...it may mean having to find a new job... but I would rather spend that time with LO. I wish time would hurry up.

I only have 8 weeks maternity leave, one week to be taken before birth. :( I try not to think about it too much. Maybe once I'm pregnant, I can try to arrange something with my boss, or maybe cut down my hours after birth. I don't know yet.

That's great news MadameJ!

Wow..sorry to hear that! In this day and age I am honestly surprised that everyone isn't entitled to at least 6 months mat leave... with the option of government funded parental leave for a further 6 months.
Try not to worry or think about it too much. Everything will work out in the end. :hugs:

DH and I are both getting so broody! This waiting game is getting hard on the bith of us! We have always talked about wanting another boy, but found ourselves thinking of cute girls names last night! :dohh:

I already have a favorite name for a boy and a girl, but they both start with the same characters, which I don't like, so I can't use both of them. But I still have a lot of time to think about it.

We have our boys name picked out already. I have NO idea what we would name another girl. It was so hard to come up with Avianna lol

I've still got 282 days left on my ticker to officially TTC. :( We are hoping for a boy, get only can come up with girl names....maybe its a sign lol But either way, we would be over the moon for either...or both ;)

I've still got 282 days left on my ticker to officially TTC. :( We are hoping for a boy, get only can come up with girl names....maybe its a sign lol But either way, we would be over the moon for either...or both ;)

Just got to 269 days left on my countdown app. Feels like forever!! What girls names do you have? I like Marion (DH mom name), Violet, Lily, and Elaine. Sort of older names. Can't really think of boys names.... maybe Max or Liam... still thinking.

If we have a boy it will be Colton John but idk about another girl!

My middle name is Marian, it is my grandmothers name.

Just got to 269 days left on my countdown app. Feels like forever!! What girls names do you have? I like Marion (DH mom name), Violet, Lily, and Elaine. Sort of older names. Can't really think of boys names.... maybe Max or Liam... still thinking.

I've got my heart set on Kaitlyn or Emily. My husbands mom's middle name was Rae so she will most likely get that middle name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->