• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WTT weight loss support thread

has anyone tried the atkins diet? i just started it yesterday cause i got my package in the mail from them and was wondering to see if anyone else has tried it before and what results they had.

has anyone tried the atkins diet? i just started it yesterday cause i got my package in the mail from them and was wondering to see if anyone else has tried it before and what results they had.

I havent but i knew afew people who were on it when it was the "diet" to do. They lost quite abit of weight but i believe there is afew side effects? im not too sure tbh.

Im back to working out today :thumbup: if it was for "snack-a-jacks" i wouldnt be able to cope :haha: they certainly help with the "sweet tooth cravings"

I haven't tried atkins, the thought of eating so much fat put me off!! When I eat too much junk food I have no energy!!

I did do the south beach diet once, no carbs like atkins but everything low fat as well, thought it was ok for the first ten days till I passed out at the gym!!!! OMG!! Stopped it after that!!

Mogernstern good luck with it, what were you doing before? Calories counting?

Btw I have completely forgotten about the challenge at work - dohhh!!

Xx

I haven't tried atkins, the thought of eating so much fat put me off!! When I eat too much junk food I have no energy!!

I did do the south beach diet once, no carbs like atkins but everything low fat as well, thought it was ok for the first ten days till I passed out at the gym!!!! OMG!! Stopped it after that!!

Mogernstern good luck with it, what were you doing before? Calories counting?

Btw I have completely forgotten about the challenge at work - dohhh!!

Xx

i had cut out soda but its so hard not to drink its so tasty. I LOVE dr. pepper and i had a massive headache when i stopped drinking it from lack of caffine. I'm excersiing some but it just seems like its not worth it because all i can do it the tred mill and i dont have anything to motivate me. I used to walk around the block with my CD player blarring loud but i lost it and all my cds. so now i have nothing. i did take some fish oil and a multivitamin today. i started doing that and i feel great today. have alot more energy. maybe i should just stick to the exercising? :shrug:

Odd socks - I have been hungry all day today - it has been complete crap!!!! Hope tomorrow is easier again! X

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping I could join the group. I'm 25 and ideally want to loose 84lbs before TTC. I have had 3 m/c in the past which I have all tests to determine a cause but the docs just advised they could not pin point a reason. I currently have a copper coil IUD which is a good non hormonal contraception but I have long and painful periods. Over the last 12 months I have lost 56lbs and hope to continue. I am currently a member at slimming world and have been for over 12months. I'd love to wake up tomorrow and start ttc but I want to make sure I go into my next pregnancy as healthy as possible.

Anyways enough about me how are you all geting on? Have you managed to get rid of the food left over from Christmas? Thats been the biggest temptation for me recently with all the chocolate hanging around the house.

I hope your all well,

Jen x

Odd socks - I have been hungry all day today - it has been complete crap!!!! Hope tomorrow is easier again! X

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping I could join the group. I'm 25 and ideally want to loose 84lbs before TTC. I have had 3 m/c in the past which I have all tests to determine a cause but the docs just advised they could not pin point a reason. I currently have a copper coil IUD which is a good non hormonal contraception but I have long and painful periods. Over the last 12 months I have lost 56lbs and hope to continue. I am currently a member at slimming world and have been for over 12months. I'd love to wake up tomorrow and start ttc but I want to make sure I go into my next pregnancy as healthy as possible.

Anyways enough about me how are you all geting on? Have you managed to get rid of the food left over from Christmas? Thats been the biggest temptation for me recently with all the chocolate hanging around the house.

I hope your all well,

Jen x

you and i can be weightloss buddies.:happydance:

i want to loose about as much as you do. How did you manage to loose all that weight?

:flower:

Thanks!!

I have lost the weight so far on Slimming world, I limit my dairy and certain carbs such as bread, and have certain foods which are unlimited. It has worked out really well for me. Are you thinking of trying Atkins?

Jen x

:flower:

Thanks!!

I have lost the weight so far on Slimming world, I limit my dairy and certain carbs such as bread, and have certain foods which are unlimited. It has worked out really well for me. Are you thinking of trying Atkins?

Jen x

yes i am. i just got the start up package in the mail yesterday. Do you know anyone who has done it and had success.

well the other day the doctor uped my prozac to 60mg and it seems to be working. i dont feel hungry 30 min after i eat a meal. which is awesome. I just really wish i could stop drinking pop. its just so darn tasty. now to excersise.

i think fuzzy drinks are ok if u limit them :D i have one glass of coke a day, thats my treat and i allow for it in my calorie intake :D

i think the only thing with the atkins is to get heaps of fibre otherwise it can lead to constipation and over time can lead to diverticular disease and bowel cancer. but good luck and i hope it works for you!

Ok, so does anyone know how many calories you should eat to not damage your metabolism??

I seem to remember from years ago they recommend you only eat 1000 less than your body uses - does that sound right??

I am struggling and worried about doing damage. Due to my weight my body uses 2700, I am aiming to eat 1500. However often I am over dieting and then when I count up in evening realising I've only done 1200 and having to force myself to eat another 300 (300 if it's low fat is like another meal!!)

I have cereal for breakfast, salad or soup for lunch, yoghurt in the afternoon and then a cooked dinner. I fail to believe that is too few!!!

I read online last night that your metailic rate is highest in the morning and gets lower as the day goes on, so if I have to eat extra to make the calories up
some days I should eat this extra at breakfast time.

Is anyone else counting calories? How many are you doing? X

I'm on myfitnesspal.com to log my food and exercise. According to my height and weight and amount of weight loss per week I need to aim for 1350 calories (already the deficit calculated in). If I work out, I need to eat more (because they've already calculated the deficit and it's harmful to lose too many calories whether through exercise or eating less or a combination of both). So, all in all if I'm around the 1350 mark (I think my BMR is 1800 calories a day? - that's the number I'd burn just sitting around) I think I'm good.

That being said, whenever I eat 1100 or something (when I had to fast for my cancer check I ate less than 700) I get a warning saying I'm eating too few calories which can damage my motabolism. They always follow it up with "eat at least 1200" but I don't know if that's a number based on my own personal stats or if it's a general number.

HTH! (I recommend www.myfitnesspal.com to anyone btw. It's free, easy to use, and has a really great food database so it's easy to track your meals!) :flower:

I use my net diary app. I love it. It does tell me off if I eat less than 1000 calories below my bmr. It does not moan at me to eat more depending on my exercise though. God then I really would have had to eat a lot last night as did two classes yesterday!!

It's wierd how different places say different things!! Who knows, guess I will just have to hope it's ok eating 1200 less. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->