WTTers chart Newbies/stalkers!!!

Damita, haha, fingers crossed you oopsie results in a bfp

Charlotee, looks like it could be and implantation dip. I've gotten those 7 dpo dips several months, though, I read somewhere that apparently a surge of estrogen at about 7 dpo can cause a sudden dip with or without pregancy. Fingers crossed yours is a true implantation dip

My chart this month is terrible. I've been horrible about waking up and temping. slept through my alarm several times this week. Shame shame on me

Are temperatures usually erratic during periods? I dropped really low at the start of mine, but now I ahve gone back above the coverline. It looks odd! Is it normal?

tabby, I hope this helps: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Fluctuating-and-high-temperatures-during-menstruation.html

Wow, I'm dead impressed with my charting. On CD10 of my first cycle of charting my temperature suddenly dipped and then went up and down for a few days before shooting up after ovulation.

Well, low and behold today - CD10 - my temperature has dipped to exactly the same temperature as it dipped to on CD10 in the first cycle. Cool! :flower:

I'll be very pleased if my cycles continue to look so similar. The overlay feature is really useful too and shows me how similar the first 10 days have been between the first and second cycle.

I've noticed that today I have a lot of creamy CM and at this point in my last cycle it was just sticky and there wasn't much of it. I'm hopeful this means an earlier ovulation day and longer luteal phase. Or perhaps it just means my CM is sorting itself out a bit. I have heard it can take a few cycles to do that.

Very interesting stuff!

I am so angry at myself for slacking this month. I just quit taking my temps for the whole middle of the month. And I wasn't paying attention to O signs... so I have no idea when I ovulated but I know I did. And now, I'm on cd 34 and my temps are still high. And I've had so much cm I'm wearing panty liners (that never happens).

So I've switched into broody mode again. Haha. But I'm trying to convince myself my cycle is just being crazy. I could kick myself right now for not keeping up with my temps.

Ah great! that explains my crazy temps. I was a little confused by all the jumping around because they were so nice and neat before.

Thanks Damita, and congrats on passing your theory too! :happydance:

:happydance:

Very sad, I know, but I'm really chuffed. Last month the best CM I got was creamy.

Today -CD12 - I've had watery CM and now watery with a bit of stretch to it (1cm). I know it's not EWCM, but it's the closest I've gotten so far. Added to that, I've had lots of mild cramping today that I got last month on the day FF pinpointed me OV-ing.

I'm finding this all so fascinating and really enjoying learning about my body more. It's just so interesting.

Does anybody else feel this way?

Also, does anybody else's partners ask them about their temperatures each morning? My DH is really interested, bless him! :thumbup:

Very sad, I know, but I'm really chuffed. Last month the best CM I got was creamy.

Today -CD12 - I've had watery CM and now watery with a bit of stretch to it (1cm). I know it's not EWCM, but it's the closest I've gotten so far. Added to that, I've had lots of mild cramping today that I got last month on the day FF pinpointed me OV-ing.

I'm finding this all so fascinating and really enjoying learning about my body more. It's just so interesting.

Does anybody else feel this way?

Also, does anybody else's partners ask them about their temperatures each morning? My DH is really interested, bless him! :thumbup:

Agreed, it is really fun to understand all that's going on with my body throughout the cycle. I love how I can pinpoint events like ovulation and period with near precision. My period almost never catches me off guard now.

Now as for my DH, I try to explain the stuff to him. But he just looks at me cluelessly

Silverbell - I find charting really fascinating too. I love learning about how my body works and before I started charting my cycles were a bit of a mystery. Its also given me alot of reassurance actually; I feel more in tune with myself, and that makes me happier.

My DH is really interested - he looks at my chart most days and makes comments about it, and often comes up with things I haven't thought of. He is very mathsy/sciency so he is naturally interested in that kind of thing. I think he knew more about my cycle than I did when we were first married!

He's got use to it now :) but he is still interested likes to look at my chart

Evening all, back from our trip :)

Silverbell - its great to hear your charting is going so well! I also find it all terribly fascinating to know your body that much better and understand things more.

DH hasn't asked to see my chart or commented on it but I was really thrilled he didn't get freaked out when I bought the thermometer lol.

Whilst on our trip I didn't wake up at the same time every day so I don't know if that has affected my chart or not. I didn't have net access so just wrote down my observations and put them into FF last night. As I started putting them in it put in my O line and I got all excited but then it took it away because the next temp didn't line up :( So now I don't know if I've O'd or not yet this month but I'm thinking its just cos I was irregular about doing the temping and looking forward to getting back to my 6.30am alarms ;)

- Dinah

Welcome back, Dinah! Did you have a great time? I hope so. I also hope the temps regulate for you now you're back.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who loves charting as much as I do. Tabby - I think that's what I like the most about the charting. The reassurance and being in tune with my body and how happy that makes me feel. It also makes me feel like I'm doing something really good before TTC.

I POAS for the first time yesterday (OPK of course) and am already addicted. Negative last night and this evening, but not going to give up and will be interesting to see if they work for me, as I know they don't work for a lot of women.

More watery CM today, so I'm doing better than last month in the CM department.

It'll be interesting to see if I get the strange symptoms this cycle that I got last cycle when I ovulated, which included quite strong palpitations all day and pains going from my hips down into my knees. I remember I used to get them before I went on the pill, so perhaps they're my OV signs or perhaps totally unrelated. Watch this space! As annoying and uncomfortable as they are, they'd provide very obvious symptoms to look out for in terms of OV-ing if they were related!

I got a positive OPK this evening! :thumbup:

I can't believe it. Yesterday and the day before there was just a barely visible line. Tonight within the time frame the line came up thick and bold.

FF tells me I should ovulate between CD14 (today) and CD16. I ovulated on CD16 last cycle. I haven't had the dip that I had last time in my cycle before OV-ing, so I'm suspecting CD16 for OV-ing again.

I'm over the moon and to be honest I'm really shocked, as I'd read how these didn't work for every woman and had prepared myself for constant negatives.

Woohoo! :dance:

That's great Silverbell :)

I had a great trip thank you, shame it is over tho!!

My chart is still not behaving, any thoughts?

- Dinah

Hi Dinah

I've had a look and obviously I'm very, very new to all this, but your graph does look a little confusing, doesn't it? I wonder if perhaps it will all make sense if you continue, as I notice you didn't chart all the way through your last cycle. Maybe you started charting just after ovulation last time and you're near ovulation this time?

The differences in temperature do seem quite pronounced though ... how do you take your temperature? With mine I read that you should put it underneath your tongue near either the left or right root (as far back to the tongue as you can). I always do it in the same spot each morning at exactly the same time. Do you? If not, perhaps this could explain the fluctuations?

Another thought that crossed my mind would be to perhaps get another thermometer and try with that one from the start of next cycle (don't change mid-cycle of course). Or, you could try temping vaginally (if you don't already).

I'm sure somebody else may have some ideas, but that's it from me I'm afraid.

Maybe it would be worth seeking out a charting thread that has people who have charted for ages, as they'll probably know more than us. I think there's one in TTC.

Thanks Silverbell

Honestly I think its just the time differences for temping all through my holiday. Not helped by the fact I missed a day when we got back off hols and I'd packed my thermometer somewhere odd lol! I appreciate your thoughts tho, I temp orally under the tongue but did not know it should be the same place every day so I'll work on that too :)

- Dinah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->