X-Mas Meet Anna's coming to TO

Huzzah!
I just read all the replies!
We WILL make this happen if I have to snowshoe from Goderich with Simon on my back!

well hopefully it won't come to that :rofl:

what are you going to be doing in TO if you don't mind me asking? And you'll have to tell us where to meet you :rofl:

We wanted to go see the new AGO, but I don't know how toddler-friendly that will be. It could be really great with lots of neat things for the little ones to look at, but they can't touch anything and other visitors might be pissy if they are too noisy. The ROM might be better. That's also had some great renos and has lots of kid-friendly stuff.
I'll look up some other possibilities.

Okay, I really think we should try to do the AGO.
They have a kids centre and the King Tut exhibit is there.
I think I will try to do a little planning and pick a day for us all. We may need tickets and the kid centre is only open Tue, Sat and Sun.
https://www.ago.net/1625
What do you guys think?

Sarah, I'm so looking forward to seeing you and Simon! Hope you don't have to snowshoe though ROFL

A weekend is better for us, as our transport (AKA my mom) is off then :blush:

weekend works better for us to, than I can drag Stan along and it's easier to have two people to help distract on public transit :lol: AGO is fine as long as they don't mind noise :rofl: :rofl: Plus I kind of know how to get there :thumbup: Maybe do the AGO and lunch or something?

Weekends potentially work better for us too. I love the AGO! :wohoo: I was there when the "Angels from the Vatican" exhibit was there.

it's been a while since I've been, years in fact. the King Tut exhibit looks interesting though, Stan said I could go by myself while he watched Hannah :rofl:

Eeeeeeee!
I am so excited!
Did you guys see the family centre?
Big smocks on the little ones and art supplies galore!
Very fun.
So...
It looks like we would have to do this on Sat, Jan.2 to work with our family visit schedule and our plane tickets. And to make it on a weekend when the family centre is open.
Tyff, I saw that exhibit, too.
David and I were AGO members for a few years when we were living in TO.
I bet there is a decent cafe right in the AGO.
I know many very good eating spots in Toronto, but I do not know how baby-friendly any of them are. Especially as we would be a larger group with maybe strollers?
We are planning to bring our backpack carrier for Simon, as that keeps him up and interested, but that still takes up a big space.
I will check out the AGO cafe, and see what is nearby that might suit families and still be really good food! :)
Does that work for everyone else?

sounds good :thumbup: We'll have Hannah's umbrella stroller so it's pretty nice and compact. I can ask Stan as well and see if he can think of any place in the area that would be good to go to. Thing is we found with most places in TO they were pretty accommodating to strollers whereas here in Mississauga they are not!

https://karines.wordpress.com/menu/

across from the AGO and reasonable looking prices?

That looks great, Vickie - lots of good options for LOs, it looks like.
I was thinking how so many of the places in Toronto are such skinny little buildings, and I read an article awhile ago about how hostile TO business owners were becoming towards "SUV stroller" parents because they just can't fit them into their space.
You live there, though, so let's go with your take on it.
There are some GREAT restaurants two stops south on Queen West, too, if we feel like a small journey! :)

I don't mind going a bit further (well be on the TTC anyways) but wasn't sure since others would be driving? And wasn't sure about walking weather in January :lol:

which restaurants are you thinking of?

This was one of the better places Stan looked at for options and having foods kids could eat.

:shrug: Our experiences with restaurants in TO were generally very good. They were more than happy to accommodate our stroller (though of course we only had the one ;)) but maybe it was the places we went? We did have our favorites and tended to stick to them

oh and Stan wants to go to that restaurant above..........tonight :rofl:

When I was a wild young actress living next to Trinity Bellwoods, I went to Citron, Epicurean CAfe, Amatos, Mimi's, Sushi Time....
oh, many others.
I could make some phone calls and find out how various places would take to having a family group. And we should probably establish a price range, too.

for us, we don't have a lot of money right now (with Christmas and all) so I'd be more comfortable in the $10-15 a person range?

https://www.theepicure.ca/menu.html is this the one? Menu looks pretty good

https://www.amatopizza.com/page1.htm

Yup, both of those are yummy.
Check out this possibility right at the AGO?
https://www.ago.net/frank-brunch-menu

:blush: I don't know what I'd eat at that restaurant :blush: :rofl: (picky eater alert)

those other two both look good to me though :lol: need to see how far the others want to travel/budget etc.

Heeee.
Vickie!
Very cute and funny.
No worries. I'm good to do a short travel.
Amato's has really great pizza and salads. And the prices used to be great. I don't know what they charge now. I have t go jump on the website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->