Xmas Cakes 2011! Late December Due Dates

Can I join in? I haven't been a real avid poster on the board but would love to be part of the gang here.

My name is Patti, I am of "advanced maternal age" - 36 and I am "cautiously" pregnant with #2. I have a lovely 5 1/2 year old daughter.

I did 4 rounds of Clomid then 2 rounds of Follistim and became pregnant. I have PCOS and have had one missed miscarriage at 12 weeks (baby stopped developing at 8). My beta started off pretty low (18 @ 13 dpo) and ended up at 515 @ 20 dpo. I think I had a late implant because I had some spotting at 13 dpo as well. Anyway, I am very guarded and am afraid to feel excited. I know late implants and low betas can result in m/c. Also I feel like what little symptoms I was feeling have decreased since Sunday. I have another beta tomorrow, so my fingers are crossed.

Oh and I am due December 23rd :)

Hi patti

Fingers crossed for this one to stick. Mine was a clomid baby, was going onto stim it after a third cycle as the clomid was driving me crazy.

momof2boys how are you feeling today? I got a headache yesterday and today ugh its killing me!

Super tired mostly:sleep:. no nasea yet, but theearliest I had it was 5 weeks and I am a couple days away from that. I just hope it is not as bad as last time cause I lost 25 lbs in a couple months. man I was feeling horrible! I hope ya feel better! try to get some rest and drink plenty of water.

Yeah I think its a bit early for me yet to have nausa too, I notice if i drink alot of water I dont cramp as much and it helps my back and head ache too thankfully :) I wish i could lose 25 lbs lol nothing holds me back from eating my lovely daughter just informed me i have extra skin on the back of my legs :blush: which I knew they were a little out of shape but man she is critical.

Yeah I wish I could loose 25 lbs when I am not pregnant. Why cant I do that? :shrug: hahaha. Wow she is critical, just wait till you are in the last part of your pregnancy!

lol I know thats what a best friend said I guess this will be a good learning experience for her :shrug: My boys are so loveing and sweet she is just a rare breed lol

Can I join in? I haven't been a real avid poster on the board but would love to be part of the gang here.

My name is Patti, I am of "advanced maternal age" - 36 and I am "cautiously" pregnant with #2. I have a lovely 5 1/2 year old daughter.

I did 4 rounds of Clomid then 2 rounds of Follistim and became pregnant. I have PCOS and have had one missed miscarriage at 12 weeks (baby stopped developing at 8). My beta started off pretty low (18 @ 13 dpo) and ended up at 515 @ 20 dpo. I think I had a late implant because I had some spotting at 13 dpo as well. Anyway, I am very guarded and am afraid to feel excited. I know late implants and low betas can result in m/c. Also I feel like what little symptoms I was feeling have decreased since Sunday. I have another beta tomorrow, so my fingers are crossed.

Oh and I am due December 23rd :)

Welcome patti:hi: I know its hard to be excited when you suffered loss :hugs: As long as your betas are doubling I wouldnt be worried my dr. wanted to see mine at 500 at 4 weeks and i think 3 days and they were 4435 so the number range is sooooo wide! Good luck at your betas and keep us posted, soon you should get a scan right?

Hi girls. Wondering if I can join in the Xmas celebration?! I'm due around the 28 th I figure, although I haven't been to the doctor to confirm yet. So far no symptoms, except a tiny bit of nausea if I don't eat right away! Fx'd that this is a sticky bean!

The Drs here have no interest in confirming, they say that hpt are so accurate now thats good enough, some get all the way to 12w with no confirmation! Scary.

Hi patti

Fingers crossed for this one to stick. Mine was a clomid baby, was going onto stim it after a third cycle as the clomid was driving me crazy.

My first one is a Clomid baby as well. Clomid drove me crazy too and in turn my poor husband ;) Geesh it would be nice of them to check your betas a few times if only just to calm your nerves. But then again mine are being confirmed and I'm still a mess lol.

Welcome patti:hi: I know its hard to be excited when you suffered loss :hugs: As long as your betas are doubling I wouldnt be worried my dr. wanted to see mine at 500 at 4 weeks and i think 3 days and they were 4435 so the number range is sooooo wide! Good luck at your betas and keep us posted, soon you should get a scan right?
Thanks! Yep, I will get a scan after they see a beta over 1,000. I will find out later today where the numbers are. I'm a wreck and it's not doing anyone any good that's for sure.

Hi girls :wave: I just wanted to wish you all a happy & healthy 9months! I'm in the process of miscarrying - my beta test on Tuesday was way low & I'm bleeding as well. I'm pretty shocked yet - my 2nd miscarriage in 4 months! They are saying just keep trying though - since I have had a baby - then there isnt much they will do for me as far as tests.

:hugs: I hope all of you are doing well - and I wish you all the best!

Hugs

Keep at it tho, one positive thing is that you don't have to wait too long in between pregnancies if you know what I mean

Fingers crossed that the next one is yours

Hi girls :wave: I just wanted to wish you all a happy & healthy 9months! I'm in the process of miscarrying - my beta test on Tuesday was way low & I'm bleeding as well. I'm pretty shocked yet - my 2nd miscarriage in 4 months! They are saying just keep trying though - since I have had a baby - then there isnt much they will do for me as far as tests.

:hugs: I hope all of you are doing well - and I wish you all the best!
Daisy Im soo sorry hun that must make you so sad 2 in 4 months! :hugs: I hope you dont give up girl third times the charm. Are they checking your progesterone when you find out your preggo?

Daisy I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss.

Hi to all the new ladies and congrats on your BFPs! The past few days have been crazy. My 2 year old vomited all over his bed and room! It was horrible. It took me 3 hours to clean it b/c I had to run out of the room every 30 sec to stop from being sick myself...yuck. He is better now and everyone else seems fine. Yesterday my sister ran my blood again and everything is looking good. I'm doubling about every 1.8 days. My bloat is ridiculous and the best way to describe how I feel is hungover (without the party). Hope you are all doing great today and feeling well.

Hi Ebony! Looks like our tickers are the exact same! Congrats!

Mimomma -- your poor son! (and you having to clean it!)

Daisy -- so sorry for your loss hun. :hugs:

They checked progesterone (because I insisted) when I had my first beta done & it was 17.9 & they thought it looked fine. They said over 20 is ideal - but mine wasnt low enough for them to be concerned about. My beta's doubled after that. I'm thinking they were going up but then were dropping over the weekend - as the closer tuesday got I got the feeling something wasnt right.

I'm going to talk to the dr more after I get through this process & see if I can get any more info from them.

:hugs: Thanks everyone for all of your support!

Daisy good luck girl I hope they can give you some answers, hugs

Well I'm relieved my beta went up to 5258 (26 dpo) It started very low, so low they told me it was probably just a chemical pregnancy. 18 @ 13dpo. But each beta after has doubled appropriately. The nurse told me it was the lowest beta she'd ever seen that continued to double. I'm still thinking late implant.

Anyway, next Thursday is my 1st scan. I will be a day shy of 7 weeks. With my first born I had already had a scan to see the sac and so on by 5 1/2 weeks.

I don't know if I mentioned I am going this alone because my husband just deployed on Easter Sunday for 6 months. He will be home a month before the baby is due. I am really hoping I don't have to go on bed rest like I did with my 1st. My doctor was very cautious and saw my cervix dilate slightly (No shortening) and put me on strict bed rest around 22 weeks to 35 weeks! It was awful, and I can't see how I can do that this time with a 5 1/2 year old. If it does happen though, they will bring my husband home for that. Anyway, I am getting ahead of myself. I told myself to take it one day at a time ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->