You know you're a mom when: *

When you're in the middle of changing an explosive diaper and the Jehovah's Witness are at your door saying, "Knock knock...we brought magazines!" and your reply is, "Sorry can't come to the door, I have poop on my hands!" :haha: Yes, this happened the other day.

When you volunteer yourself as house bound for a few days cos nobodys sleeping thanks to an unpredictable toddler. Sometimes the real world seems pretty distant, but they definitely don't need to witness the state that is me at the mo!

When some days you just allow the emptying out of everything in reach, snacking freely and generally making more mess than usually acceptable. Anything to keep lo from crying AGAIN!

Lol can you tell we're on week 2 of terrible sleep!

When you actually reminisce about how easy it was to get out of bed and just go to the loo before baby because now you are lucky to be able to just go immediately when you need to, at any time! And you are actually grateful for an undisturbed break there!

When going to the bathroom is a planned event. When you take a relaxing bath and end up with rubber duckies visiting you. When you get puked on and don't care because they are sick... Unfortunately had that happen 2 days ago.. Ewwww.

...when nap time becomes a sacred time and if you have a busy day out and they fall asleep in the car you freak out because you know when you get them out of the car they'll wake up and you've lost your free time.

...when being thrown up on is normal. and you've invested in every possible laundry cleaner out there.

...when you find pictures on your phone that your kid has taken :)

...when you dont carry a purse, its just the diaper bag. OR you just try to cram all your kids stuff in your purse on the fly (what's the point).

...when you actually say "give me those boogies!" to your kids. anybody else picking boogers is nasty

...when you do a mental check before leaving but after getting in the car you forget something and make a run back into the house and end up remembering something else too.

...when date night alone is just watching a movie at home with pizza and ice cream and yet you still miss your baby!

as someone else said - rewashing the same wash load multiple times because you keep forgetting to put in the dryer

you are constantly singing - chocolatte because the only holiday that you can bring yourself to take 2 small children on is Butlins :/

when you answer the door but cant open it properly because you have a small child hanging off the handle

You know you're a mom when:
you get more excited about going to the baby store than anywhere else!

I don't know if this has been said already but I only realised it for myself this weekend for myself,

You know you're a mum when you can't drink a cup of tea hot because you're not used to it

What is hot tea? LOL mine starts out that way. but from one thing or another ends up ice cold.

When the only writing apparatus you can find close to you is a crayon

When you reach into your stylin leather jacket and pull out toddler socks a crayon and a baby wipe! Nothing says cool like that lol

When you go to put on your favourite top/trousers on and realise its covered in something unmentionable and in fact have nothing else to wear. :dohh:

as someone else said - rewashing the same wash load multiple times because you keep forgetting to put in the dryer

Oh lord, I do this now and I don't even have kids yet to blame. :lol:

My daughter changes the wash cycle every time so clothes get over washed in this house. And then she turns the dryer off too!

You know your a mum when:
You put on clean trousers, look down five minutes later only to find snot, food or just mess stuck to them.

...when you try to rock the dog to sleep if he climbs on your lap for cuddles :haha:
...even when at 4am even though you're so sleepy your eyes won't stop watering, your baby's smile makes you want to never let go

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->