Young IVF'ers....

Hi ladies

I'm 24 and oh is 26. We have been tttc just under 2 and half years. I was given clomid originally as I wasn't ovulating, ovulated every month and naturally since then but still no BFP. OH mobility is average, nothing that the fs was concerned abeout. We were refered for IVF dec last year and am going for ec tomorow am. We were put on short protocol and qualify for funding on NHS for our 1st try.

I hope to update you all in a couple of weeks with a lovley BFP! x

Hi Keepsmiling,

I was told by my fs you have to be 23 to qaulify, but not sure if this is the rule everywhere or just my region? x

Yuh I no that's y iv gott wait 14 months

how did the cycle go
do u have a journal x

Hi not sure if I count as young one but would to join you gals, I am 26 and my DH is 31. We were referred to St Marys, Manchester in Feb 11 after 18 months of TTC. Things look ok my end but DH SA was less than 1M/ml and 36% motility. The Urologist thinks its due to an injury or truma his area. He does not produce enough fluid to check the morph so we dont really know about that. DH was also told that he will proberly need surgical sperm retrieval. Has anyone else been told their OH will need this????

My pct (North Lancs) currently fund 2 cycles so we are quite lucky really. We went to the clinic in March for blood tests, scan and another SA. Had all this done at the local hospital but they seem to love repeating tests :dohh: We are now waiting for an appointment with a consultant and hoping to be given a time scale then. Wow gone a little bit havent I :blush:

Sorry you are having to wait until next year to get the ball rolling keepsmiling :hugs:

Princess, GL for EC tomorrow. I hope everything goes ok. How have you found treatment so far? Did you do LP or SP?

Tinks-- ur def a young ivfer lol
I'm fine with waitin cos there is stil a chance it cud happen naturally in the meantime which wud be fab x

That is true, get your DH on well mans like you said in a previous post. We must never give up hope. You always hear about :bfp: when they are least expected :winkwink:

Your wedding dress looks fab hun :thumbup:

Will they consider IUI before 23 or is it the same as IVF or is it just a no due to the SA? I know IUI wasnt even an option for us but thought it may be worth mentioning :thumbup:

I believe iui is the same criteria as ivf
but fs did mention injctables with timed intercourse so imgunna ask boutthat in august wen I goto c him xx

Hi not sure if I count as young one but would to join you gals, I am 26 and my DH is 31. We were referred to St Marys, Manchester in Feb 11 after 18 months of TTC. Things look ok my end but DH SA was less than 1M/ml and 36% motility. The Urologist thinks its due to an injury or truma his area. He does not produce enough fluid to check the morph so we dont really know about that. DH was also told that he will proberly need surgical sperm retrieval. Has anyone else been told their OH will need this????

My pct (North Lancs) currently fund 2 cycles so we are quite lucky really. We went to the clinic in March for blood tests, scan and another SA. Had all this done at the local hospital but they seem to love repeating tests :dohh: We are now waiting for an appointment with a consultant and hoping to be given a time scale then. Wow gone a little bit havent I :blush:

Sorry you are having to wait until next year to get the ball rolling keepsmiling :hugs:

Princess, GL for EC tomorrow. I hope everything goes ok. How have you found treatment so far? Did you do LP or SP?

Hi tinks, thankyou. Treatment has gone great so far and I have responded well as they expected me to. I'm on sp so everything has gone really quickly. Hope you are able to start soon and your app goes well x

hiyaa ladies, im 19 nd DH is 26

i had completly buggered tubes but hubbys got super sperm,
he has 3 kids already so therefore we dont qualify for NHS treatment,

Which im not too fussed about cuz that would mean waiting till i was 23 and dont think im prepared to wait that long, as weve been ttc for 2 and a half years, been together 3 and married nearly 1 (maybe it was a stupid idea trying after only 6 months together but im glad we did :D )

so weve found a ivf clinic in london but were concerned about the price but were going to try an egg sharing programme which basically means that if we donate a few of our eggs they waver the ivf fee,

were just waiting to get our appointment in june over and done with to get the ball rolling :D

Fingers crossed for all xx

Hi princess

Good luck with the egg donation
we were thibkin about it but cos ov got pcos some clinicns wnt accept
and I'm a little unsure about how I wud feel about maybe being contacted by one of my eggs when it's 18 xx

i have thought about that too, but its rare it happens
it one of those things where you cross the bridge when you come to it,
i dont wanna be sitting around for the next how many years thinkin are they going to turn up or not, plus i know its a horrible way to think of it but they never were my babies, some one else fertilised them, carried them, give birth to them,

i know its a difficult one to deal with but you dont even know if you donating your eggs even resulted in a BFP x

Yuh well I'm gunna wait about til I can have ivf which is obly 14 months away so not too long

how cum ur needing ivf hun xx

completly blocked/damaged tubes, i do reckon theres some invasive procedure that can be done to unblock/damage but theyve said if something goes wrong in the op they could have to take out the entire womb etc and id rather not chance it tbf, how about you?? x

what morph?? sorry not sure on all the sperm sample stuff lol xx

umm dont quite understand but i havent got a clue bout anything to do with male infertility :/ tbf wouldnt even know what the normal rate was lol

so is ivf and im guessing icsi your only chance then?? xx

There is a chance without but it's quite slim really x

im really not sure about us, chance wise :/ im not sure what percentage chance there is of gettin pregnant with 2 blocked/damaged tubes, my guess is somewhere around nil lool

xx

Yuh

My tubes are fine thank god but iv got pcos so bot great overies but im on clomid now so I'm ovulating x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->