Young IVF'ers....

I was 27 (so not really early 20's lol) and hubby was 25 when we did IVF earlier this year. It was due to low counts from a surgery he had when he was little. It worked the first time for us and I'm now almost 18 weeks pregnant with twin boys :)

If anyone has any questions about the process or needs advice or anything just send me a PM! I'll be glad to help :-D

hiya kristin, did you go private or on the nhs??

aww twins!! that my hope, gunna have 2 embryos implanted if everything goes okaii and hope for the best :D

if you went private, how long did you have to wait between ringing for info/first appointment and actually gettin on the programme/drugs etc?? xx

Hi everyone i have just started my first cycle of icsi i am 23 and DP 32 xx

Hiii spidergirl

good luck

do u have a journal

how cum ur havin icsiz

hiya kristin, did you go private or on the nhs??

aww twins!! that my hope, gunna have 2 embryos implanted if everything goes okaii and hope for the best :D

if you went private, how long did you have to wait between ringing for info/first appointment and actually gettin on the programme/drugs etc?? xx

I'm in the US so I think everything works different here. Luckily I live in a state that mandates coverage of infertility treatments and my husbands insurance covered IVF 100% (we get 4 tries in a lifetime).

I was very excited about twins, we figured that we might as well get more out of our first try and hope for twins...that way I wouldnt have to go through as many times...thank goodness we have 4 frozen so we can just do FET next time.

I know its different here but we found out October 4th that we would have to do IVF and I started injections december 16th. I hope you dont have to wait too long!

Good Luck :hugs:

sorry kristin didnt even realise you wernt from the uk, im guessin wether its here or there the waiting times should be the same, thats got me quite excited now LOL!!
xx

I think private it's alot quicker than nhs
my wait is easily gubna be a year and a half

were starting to sve up for priavteafyer our nhs
hoping to save £4000-5000 by nxt Xmas ish xx

have you not considered an egg sharing scheme keepsmiling?? xx

I did thibk about it
but ithink if we do egg share we lose our nhs tries xx

how many tries on the nhs do you get in your area cuz in this one you only get 1 xx

We get 6 embryo ttansfers up to 5 cycles
but if u get frostier u have to use them first
so I belive it's up to 3 fresh and 2 frozen x

god your soo lucky lol tbf we cant have nhs ivf anyway cuz OH has kids fingers crossed for private :D xx

How much is private in ur area
ithink here for ivf with icsi is about £5000 x

were not doing it in our area, weve found a fertility clinic in london, its about 5/6 grand there but were opting for the egg sharing programme which costs us £105 :D xx

ive had my test at my nhs hospital but last time i was there they informed me about not having ivf on nhs so ive got one more appointment with them in june then its on to ivf, do you know if you need a referal to the clinic or weather you can just ring up and sort out a appointment, if so i must remember to get my referal off my FS xx

For nhs ur gp needs to refer u to a fs and they have to refer u for ivf xx

yeah im under a FS now, but obvs some private fertility clinics i dont think you need referal, ill get my fs to anyway, might as well go about it the right way,get it done quicker lool xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->