Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Hi guys!

Sorry to just barge in, I was diagnosed with PCOS nearly 6 weeks ago and was hoping to hear about other women's experiences and get some advice? :flower:

Welcome bunny boo! Firstly don't think it's the end of the world because it really isn't. Docs can do stuff to help.

I got my bfp on my 2nd round of clomid after 4 years of trying.

We are full of knowledge here!

Xxx

It's so nice to be able to speak to people who understand! It's amazing how many people actually have PCOS, I didn't realise.

Doctor is going to speak to the gynacologist to see what's next but that was nearly 6 weeks ago :shrug: not even sure what can be done.

Clomid, I believe, is usually the first step for PCOS intervention if you re TTC. It is really successful for a lot of women. Are you charting at all?

Hello bunny boo i just wanted to say i adore your avatar!!
But yes i do believe pcos can be helped. My doctor wont help me yet until i have been ttc 6 months but tbh i prefer the natural approach for now.
Id like to say i did it naturally when i get a bfp.

This af is different. Today its barely there! Im wearing a small panty liner and just a spot so far today. Its like when af is ending. My lower back is murder! Dp thinks we should test again with af been so light.
Xxxxxx

Clomid, I believe, is usually the first step for PCOS intervention if you re TTC. It is really successful for a lot of women. Are you charting at all?

Not always, I'm on metformin at the moment and I have to see how that goes first before clomid.

I was put straight on Clomid, think it depends on your doctor to what they try first

I have a migraine from you know where right now. I just want to pop my eyes out hoping it would relieve the pressure.

Hi Bunny Boo :)
Im just starting the investigation period for PCOS, been trying since May 2010.

I'm having a HSG test in the next two months, then return to the doctor for clomid pending everything ok.

There are lots the doctors can do, whether it's clomid, metformin or something else. Never get disheartened because we can all get pregnant - eventually!! :)

Hope everyone else is doing OK. Im going on holiday on Saturday with my girl friends, I'm really looking forward to the break!! :)

xx

I was put on clomid straight away, I also started taking vitamin b complex everyday the month before I found out I was pregnant. It's supposed to lengthen the luteal phase and increase progesterone (although some dispute this), but Im convinced it was what worked for me as my progesterone was always 4.1 an with the b complex it shot to 158.1. I would definately recommend as it can't do any harm xx

I was also on 100mg clomid and we'd been trying for nearly two years. It really will happen! :) xx

Hi AppleMuffins! - no I'm not charting, I'm rather new to all this :blush: Not even getting af any more so rather negative about the whole thing :nope: but I'm sure it'll all work out eventually!

Hi Mumface, thank you! I'd rather get pregnant naturally too, but my body has different ideas! Would like to get it working properly first :haha:

Hi Sue! My diagnosis didn't take long at all, was very surprised but rather happy that I know! But i feel like the doc has forgotten about me now :shrug:

You guys are so positive! It's great, thank you for all your comments! :flower:

Hi AppleMuffins! - no I'm not charting, I'm rather new to all this :blush: Not even getting af any more so rather negative about the whole thing :nope: but I'm sure it'll all work out eventually!

Hi Mumface, thank you! I'd rather get pregnant naturally too, but my body has different ideas! Would like to get it working properly first :haha:

Hi Sue! My diagnosis didn't take long at all, was very surprised but rather happy that I know! But i feel like the doc has forgotten about me now :shrug:

I'm not having af either. Haven't O'd since November so I'm hoping the metformin will help :)

It's so nice to be able to speak to people who understand! It's amazing how many people actually have PCOS, I didn't realise.

Doctor is going to speak to the gynacologist to see what's next but that was nearly 6 weeks ago :shrug: not even sure what can be done.

PCOS is not a death sentence. I have only cracked the surface with Metformin. There is still lots doctors can do.

I never got af either, which makes it impossible to try "naturally" when you've never ovulated in 10 years, and yes I used clomid, I don't think that makes me a cheat or my baby any less special- its a miracle! And with the medical
Advancements today I choose to take advantage rather than keep fighting a pointless battle! No ovulation= no chance in hell of a baby!

Hopefulfor1st - I guess I'm tryin to convince myself af will come back, your completely right though, why wait when there is so much out there that can help! I didn't realise there was so much. What's the difference between metformin and clomid?

Can pcos get worse over time? Sorry for all the questions, startin to feel less worried now that I know more though

Metformin balances your insulin, insulin can hinder ov if it's off. And contribute to pcos. Metformin may or may not make you ovulate. My pcos didn't include insulin resistance so metformin was no good to me!
Clomid is much more direct- it specifically induces ovulation without just dancing around it and praying it'll happen so to speak.

And time doesn't specifically affect pcos, but your weight does. The higher bmi the higher chance of more severe pcos (just a general rule, skinny people can still have it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->