Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

If my doctor gave me clomid tomorrow i would gulp it down now problem! I guess when i see an fs i will be prodded and poked for a few weeks before they decide if im ovulating or not.
I think i might be ovulating as i have had 3 af since april. But you dont need to ovulate to have af.....its all confusing.
I wish my back would stop aching. This last af is coming to an end now but all it was was 2 days of stickly brown cm with some dark brown clot type, like what i get on my last two days of af. Im not complaining the lighter the better but it just seemed wierd.

:dust:

Mumface, a progesterone test will tell if your ovulating. A result of 7+ means ov, 15+ means ov that can sustain a pregnancy. And my gp did that b4 I saw the fs so I went in prepared as fs was costly and I didn't want multiple appointments!

Thanks guys, I find it so hard to loose weight but I guess that's the key so will keep at it!
Mum face - gosh that does sound confusing, I hope they dont take too long to give you answers, when do you see an fs?

I am on 1500mg of metformin and I feel like it did nothing. I am still taking it until I go to my first appointment with an obgyn in September.

What will they give you if your metformin doesnt work?

My doctor seems to think that after a little testing for my levels that the obygn will give me Clomid. It has the best success rate for women with PCOS. I am thinking with the right dosage that I will have success too.

I have hypothyroid and such so I think mine is all the matter of getting the right hormone levels. My fingers are crossed that is all I wil need.

The ultrasounds I had showed that I have a very healthy pair of ovaries and a healthy uterus...so I'm thinking it's just my hormones and the matter of getting me to ovulate like I should.

I went for a run this morning. I am doing the zombiesRun! app. It's basically a story about zombies attacking the world and I am a runner collecting supplies for a town. It's so much fun but today for whatever reason my stomach wasn't ready for the morning run and I about threw up.

I'm glad I got the run it at least. It looks like it might rain today.

Thanks guys, I find it so hard to loose weight but I guess that's the key so will keep at it!
Mum face - gosh that does sound confusing, I hope they dont take too long to give you answers, when do you see an fs?

My doctor will refer me in october if no bump but im thinking if leaving it til after xmas. I dont want to go through xmas thinking about my hormone levels etc. It would ruin xmas for us.
So in the new year, nice and fresh i will be a referred. Dp is confident we wont need an fs, thats why i love him he always looks at life on he plus side, but try to convince me i will concieve on my own is another story!
Xxxx

I haven't seen any other women on here mention this, but my doctor told me that women with PCOS can have trouble with Clomid, like in my case. I've overstimulated on just 25mg. My FS recommends that if this cycle doesn't work, I should switch to another drug called Letrazole.

I had a consult with my FS this morning, my progesterone level looks great and she seemed very optimistic. She did say that my thyroid hormone level was a little off, so I'm going to start taking something for that because evidently it can cause a miscarriage. My pregnancy blood test is scheduled for next Thursday.

I went for a run this morning. I am doing the zombiesRun! app. It's basically a story about zombies attacking the world and I am a runner collecting supplies for a town. It's so much fun but today for whatever reason my stomach wasn't ready for the morning run and I about threw up.

I'm glad I got the run it at least. It looks like it might rain today.

That's sounds brilliant! I love a bit of zombie!

Not so good that you were sick though :(

Wow. I have alot to catch up on.

Anyway, hi. I'm back. (not that my presence is missed as i dont post much! :))

I'm finally getting things going. I have my FS appt in 2 months. Im now on 2000mg met, have lost 20 pounds (not near enough, but a good start!), and looking into sperm donors. I intend to be fully prepared for my FS appt to get on the go. My OB thinks i'm gonna be given clomid. I've been told to temp every day and OPK so i have a "baseline" of my cycles. I'm ready to hit the floor runnin! the hardest part of all this is gonna be getting a sperm donor, but I can do it! :)

I am sipping some green tea and trying to relax.

So much stuff needs to be done this weekend.

Ugh..

And I keep hoping AF doesn't show next week and that in 5 days I will have a BFP but I'm not holding my breath.

So random question...

I was stretching to reach something on my nightstand and my lower abs stretched a little and it was a brief ouch and then fine. I got scared because I was like if I am pregnant did I just cause myself to miscarry or could I?

Honestly it was for a brief second. Maybe I am just being paranoid. I don't think one little stretch to reach something could cause that if I am pregnant.

So random question...

I was stretching to reach something on my nightstand and my lower abs stretched a little and it was a brief ouch and then fine. I got scared because I was like if I am pregnant did I just cause myself to miscarry or could I?

Honestly it was for a brief second. Maybe I am just being paranoid. I don't think one little stretch to reach something could cause that if I am pregnant.

I couldn't give you a definite answer but my MW said the reason they tell pregnant ladies not to heavy lift etc is that when you're pregnant your bones and muscles soften due to progesterone (i think?) and they say to take care so you don't damage yourself rather than the baby. She said you're not likely to miscarry if you lift heavy stuff so I guess stretching may go along those lines?

I get that all the time, ghinspire,(if u r pregnant) its ligaments stretching. The uterus is attached to hips by ligaments that are like rubber bands and as uterus rises up it pulls ligaments. Feels like a real bad stitch/ sharp pulled muscle pain whenever I move suddenly in bed/ cough or sneeze. Sometimes so painful it causes me to freeze up and wait for intense pain to
Pass. Had it my whole pregnancy, it started just after the implantation cramPs

Ok so if I am then I didn't hurt anything...lol

This is me being crazy.

Unfortunately I got a letter today saying that my next hospital appointment has been rearranged. Has been moved from 24th August to 19th October :growlmad: it also does give any reason on the letter :shrug:

rainangel, welcome back :wave:

ghinspire, I highly doubt that simply stretching could cause any damage. People do a lot worse during pregnancy,and everything is fine!

stayhopeful, I am also take letrozole. I struggled on clomid, but had the issue of being resistant before I even started taking it! Personally (and I know a lot of other people have said that they felt the same!) I find that I have much less side effects whilst taking letrozol than I did on clomid. I don't suffer nearly as much with night sweats, and the headaches aren't nearly as bad. If you have a look at the good side of letrozole, it's actually much better for you than clomid. It has a shorter half life, which means it is well out of your system by the time you get pregnant, whereas clomid hangs around longer, which could cause issues. Also, letrozole works on producing one realy good follicle, rather than several ok ones (though I'm a bit sceptical about that one, since I got thee huge perfect ones on one cycle :coffee:). I hope it all goes well for you!

mumface, I think its a good idea to push your fs apt back a bit. I wouldn't want to stress over xmas either :nope: My fs never took my progesteron levels to see if I was ovulating though, so don't necessarily expect it. It's not a practice often used in the UK :thumbup:

I'm having wicked pains at the minute :cry: I'm hoping it's my body gearing up to actually ovulate this cycle! FXed!!

mumface, I think its a good idea to push your fs apt back a bit. I wouldn't want to stress over xmas either :nope: My fs never took my progesteron levels to see if I was ovulating though, so don't necessarily expect it. It's not a practice often used in the UK :thumbup:

My fs did check my progesterone levels but I won't find out what it came back as til my next appointment.

oh ok :shrug: my fs said that it's not usually something done here, but nevermind lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->