Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

If calling to speak to a doctor or visit them is what is going to put your mind at rest...I would go for it. It's better than sitting thinking 'what if'. Best to be proactive and see someone xx

Have you seen him yet?
Best thing to do would be get a hcg blood test to confirm pregnancy , then get another one 48 hours later, (a quantitative hcg should show hcg doubling every 24 hours).

If you have really painful cramps (that you would consider pain killers for), with back pain or bleeding, it's best to get to hospital to rule out ectopic.

Otherwise all we can do is wait it out and pray... It's a scary time for everyone at that stage of pregnancy. I'll be thinking of you and hope everything is ok.

I'm sure you'll be fine, your not having any pain are you?

Well girls, my ovulation tests arrived this morning, I am in POAS heaven lol. Due to start testing for ov in a couple of days so twiddling my thumbs til then!

Ghinspire - definitely get reassurance from your doctor and stay away from the tests, I've read of so many ladies continuing to test and thinking the worst when in fact all was fine. I hope your GP can put your mind at rest.

I feel like I am just going to wait it out. I am going to wait and see if I get my period. That's all I can really do. I feel strongly about those positive tests. I think maybe I'm just testing too much. Reading into everything too much. I'll wait and see what happens.

Hopeful :haha: luckily not many of them are too young I only have to buy like 10/11 as the others are all older and 6 of them live in Australia :) but yes it's still expensive :haha:

Ghinspire- gl hun hoping all is ok and it was just dilute urine :hugs: please keep us updated what the doc says, sending plenty of :hugs: your way :hugs:

The nurse says that it is probably a fluke thing and that I am probably still pregnant. She said to relax and that it will be ok. So I am just waiting it out to see what happens.

I just wish that my appointment was sooner than September.

Have you seen him yet?
Best thing to do would be get a hcg blood test to confirm pregnancy , then get another one 48 hours later, (a quantitative hcg should show hcg doubling every 24 hours).

If you have really painful cramps (that you would consider pain killers for), with back pain or bleeding, it's best to get to hospital to rule out ectopic.

Otherwise all we can do is wait it out and pray... It's a scary time for everyone at that stage of pregnancy. I'll be thinking of you and hope everything is ok.

I'm sure you'll be fine, your not having any pain are you?

No, I haven't had any pain or bleeding. I feel fine other than feeling sleepy.

Just stop worrying and testing ghinspire and i am sure you and baby will be fine. You had a bfp so that would be enough for me.
But i to read into things way too much. When we first started ttc i knew i had pcos so i read all sorts of horrible things and convinced myself i will only be a mum if i do.ivf or adopt bit now after spending time on this forum and reading about the 14 bfps on here i feel so much better now. I hope im bfp no15!
Imagine if i had a bfp on my last cycle? Ghinspire and i would be bump buddies!

please ghinspire just relax and unwind, watch a funny movie or a sit com, read a book just do relaxing things that wil relax and take your mind off things. You will do great! You have pcos and got a bfp with no prodding or poking from an fs thats amazing! The met must have helped.
X x x x x

Hey guys what do you think of this combo......
Im taking 1 vitamin b complex, 1 folic acid and 1 vitamin c tablet per day.
I heard vitamin b helps balance hormones and i believe it helped me on my last cycle as i didnt have bad pms or a heavy period.
Folic acid for obvious reasons as every woman who is ttc needs this until week 12 of pregnancy.
Vitamim c i take anyway and it has helped me in the past to get rid of colds quicker.
Im hoping the vitamins, healthy eating and positive attitude will get me a bfp by or for xmas.

Has anyone else tried vitamins to help balance their hormones?

I just used blackmores conceive well gold , it has all this in it and more. Also has one of the omegas in it but I'm not sure which, that is meant to increase egg quality (which is poor for us Pcosers) and I added extra folate

Congrats!!! :D

what medications were you on besides clomid? just wondering and your side effects?

Just clomid and prenatal vitamins.
The clomid had a few side effects- night sweats, mood swings, headaches and a few cramps- I find it hilarious when people say "I stopped taking it cos I didn't like how it made me feel/ the side effects"
I think "wow, wait til you experience pregnancy and then you'll realise being on clomid was NOTHING compared to constant vomiting, nausea, headaches, insomnia, bad skin, flaky hair, stretch marks, abs separating pain, rib spreading pain, mood swings, weird discharges, cramping, ligament pain... Oh and I'm also developing early spd- slow dislocation of the hips/ pelvis!"
(that said I'd do it all again in a heartbeat for my bubba- but he may be an only child!)

This made me lol! Its very true! But oh so worth it :)

Oh and I forgot to add- diorrhorea one week, constipation the next! And today I started getting pressure and burning in my nipples and lactating! Had to come home and ice them lol

Just catching up on the threads.....

Lol hopeful! If my boobs did that in work my employer would be so angry if i went home ss they are all like oh put work first blah blah. They would ask why i dont have a supply of breast pads and some ice in a cool bag and they would expect me to sort it out in work.
If i need time off sick when im pregnant and work take the funnies i will be so angry, prob end up with the sack as i have a habit of speaking my mind too much.

what medications were you on besides clomid? just wondering and your side effects?

The clomid had a few side effects- night sweats, mood swings, headaches and a few cramps- I find it hilarious when people say "I stopped taking it cos I didn't like how it made me feel/ the side effects"
I think "wow, wait til you experience pregnancy and then you'll realise being on clomid was NOTHING compared to constant vomiting, nausea, headaches, insomnia, bad skin, flaky hair, stretch marks, abs separating pain, rib spreading pain, mood swings, weird discharges, cramping, ligament pain... Oh and I'm also developing early spd- slow dislocation of the hips/ pelvis!"
(that said I'd do it all again in a heartbeat for my bubba- but he may be an only child!)

Oh and I forgot to add- diorrhorea one week, constipation the next! And today I started getting pressure and burning in my nipples and lactating! Had to come home and ice them lol

Just catching up on the threads.....

Lol hopeful! If my boobs did that in work my employer would be so angry if i went home ss they are all like oh put work first blah blah. They would ask why i dont have a supply of breast pads and some ice in a cool bag and they would expect me to sort it out in work.
If i need time off sick when im pregnant and work take the funnies i will be so angry, prob end up with the sack as i have a habit of speaking my mind too much.

I didn't come home immediately.. I meant when I got home.
They hurt all day it's not a short term thing! it went on all day so when I got home I iced them and put some cream on.

Hubby thinks its ok to prod mine...next time I shall prod his man bits!

Morning everyone. I hope you are all doing well. I have been spotting some and I decided to call MY doctor's office and not the OBGYN. I haven't seen the OBGYN and they don't know me as well as my own doctor's office does. So I am going to talk to a nurse where they have my file and see what they have to say. They said they are going to call me back. Watch, I will get in the shower and they are going to call. I have other appointments and stuff I have to keep so I can't be waiting by the phone all day.

I just want a little peace of mind and I think maybe talking to a group of people who know me better will be so helpful.

Hello girlies!!

Ummmmm so I've been gone for a few days and some of us are pregnant!!!! :happydance:

Congratulations everyone and Ghinspire please keep positive, you've had a brilliant couple of positive tests and like others have said it may just be fluctuating levels or that you've drunk lots of water. MASSIVE congratulations!

Hopeful congrats on your little Man! Your pics are just amazing :happydance:

Nexis - I really hope you're Ok and you know where we are if you need us :hugs:

and to everyone else new and old I hope you are all Ok :flower:

x

I am glad you called your doctor ghinspire. I bet its very common and they probably hear it everyday from newly expectant mums. My sister told me she had very light spotting periods evey 32 days until she was 6 month pregnant with her first baby,the spotting lasted 2 days and not at all painful.

I have just come over all emotional all of a sudden. I work for a mail order company and a customer has just ordered a cotbed and a moses basket. After the call ended i looked to see which ones she wanted and they are the two i have chosen for when im ready to do my babies room and it sent me all.emotional for some reason lol!
I cant wait for my bfp.......

Welcome back cocomia! Which festival have you been to? i would love a good old camp out at a festival.but dp is far too much of an old woman to rough it lol!

Sorry I've been missing for a few days! Been really busy!

I definitely think it's worth calling a doctor for some peace of mind, ghinspire. They'll know the best thing to do. In the meantime, try to relax a bit. Take a bath, or go out for a walk maybe?

I've just seen this, and I completely agree with what you're saying, about people saying that they are going to stop taking clomid because of the side effects. However, I do have something I want to add, but I really really don't want it to be taken in the wrong way (by anyone!) As I said, I do, generally, agree with the idea that if you shouldn't give up on clomid because of the side effects. But on the flip side of the coin, you have to bear in mind that you were very lucky to only have to go through one round, and therefore with the greatest of respect I don't entirely feel that you understand quite as well how it feels to go through round after round of fertility meds to be shot down. After 6 months of the stuff, I honestly feel like giving up: I have vomited so much, passed out from the pain, been bedridden, had little sleep from night sweats, pain etc., been so dizzy and had such awful double vision that I had to ring in sick to work because I couldn't stand up and drive....the list goes on. And to be shot down every month feels like I am going through all of this for no reason whatsoever. Personally, even though I say I hate the side effects and I don't want to take it anymore, I know that this is the only way I can ever even have a chance of getting pregnant, and therefore I will persevere. With pregnancy, at least you know it's worth something. Like you said, you would do it all again in a second for your child. I don't have that to spur me on.

I guess all I wanted to say was, please try to understand how difficult it is to be going through this for months/years. I have spoken to women who have been in this position for 3/4 years, and I can completely understand that when they say they cannot cope with the side effects anymore, they are also talking about the constant disappointment, and heartache, feeling as though they are never going to conceive. I have felt this way every month where I have been told it hasn't worked.

As I said, I really don't want anyone to think that I am having a go. I'm really not. But seeing that did pang a bit with me, and I'm normally pretty tough with things like that. And if it's stuck with me, I'm sure there are others who feel the same.

You know I'm over the moon for you, hopeful (or at least I hope you do!!). I'm so glad that it worked for you first time. Genuinely. It's like a little family in here! And I don't want to ruin that. I just wanted to clarify my stance, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->