Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Hello ladies, its nice to see such positivity on a Tuesday! AF is definitely something to be celebrated - you may not have your BFP, but you know your body is trying :) I never thought is see the day when I'd be grateful for AF while TTC, but it seems like a bloody good consulation prize right now!!

Am on day 2 of provera - hot flashes last and an abundance of spots today, but I know its worth it for an af, even the remote hope of an O next month :) just been for a cheeky curry, soooooo bloated, but so satisfied. Back to behaving tomorrow

My ultrasound today showed that the Letrozole was too little too late, I didn't have any mature follicles. My RE told me to wait a week and see what my progesterone looks like, then I'll either get AF naturally or she'll induce. She wants to start fresh next cycle with Letrozole and injectibles, then an IUI. I'm really bummed. I thought this cycle would end up working out, but it was a bust. And with insurance not covering anything at the RE, it was an expensive bust too. She also said not to BD at all until my progesterone test next week because if I do o, my body wouldn't be able to support a pregnancy very well and I'd very likely have another mc. Not the news I was hoping for today :cry:

Hey stayhopeful, so sorry to see your news this morning. Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you - when Clomid resulted in OHSS for me and the FS told me not to bd I was devastated - spent days in pain and emotionally unwell because of it all. I hope your bfp comes soon x

Stayhopeful im sorry to hear that. I hope you have more luck on your next cycle.

Afm im super emotional. My niece text me this morning and told me she was feeling worried as its her first day of high school and she was nervous. I text her back with words of wisdom and then got all teary thinking about it. I was 14 when she was born so did lots of baby sitting and now here she is soon to be 12 going to big school! Where have those years gone?
I did childcare gcse at school and had to do a 3 month study on a child. I did my niece and i wrote about her on her first birthday party saying "hiya" to everyone and getting excited about presebts and cake.. I think i still have it somewhere, i got top marks for it too.
I hope shes ok at school.

Sorry totally off the topic of ttc but its making me feel emotional. I had an awful time in high school with bullies etc and i just hope she doesnt.

Xxxx

Anyone here get side effects on Metformin? Been on it for about four months and its only been the past week that it's upset my tummy or affected my appetite (assuming the met is to blame) - is be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks!

Stayhopeful- so sorry to hear that :hugs: :hugs: have you done injectables before??

Miss noodles- sorry I haven't done met before so I can't help :hugs: sucks having to have provera right! I finished mine on Monday...

[QUOTE :hugs: sucks having to have provera right! I finished mine on Monday...[/QUOTE]

Yes it does! According to my last test results my progesterone was horrendously low. Have ordered some natural progesterone cream so that I can cut back on popping so many pills - plus, with all the side effects from long term use of these hormones, it'll hopefully help me feel a little better about my wellbeing.

I recently took myself off the wait list for ovarian drilling - got too anxious about risks and scarring.etc. do you mind me asking, how was it for you? Was it worthwhile? Have you seen any benefits yet?

I don't mind you asking hun :)
The surgery was fine :)
I have had a natural cycle which I never did before since my surgery (30days) had a clomid cycle and then another injectables cycle since...
This cycle however was becoming long as it was a natural cycle so I just gave up and took the provera...
I responded better to fertility meds so I do think that the ovarian drilling has had a good effect than before I had it done :)

I had to hav a lap to see if my tube was blocked or not an for them to open the tube and they done a hysteroscopy to check my lining (the clomid kept thinning it) so the ovarian drilling was added on as I wouldn't even get a follicle before with clomid- I was clomid resistant...

Your welcome over to my journal there's more info there I think?

Thanks, guys! I'm really struggling with it. My would-have-been due date is the 20th, so this was my last chance to be pregnant before then. I never thought I'd be facing it without being pregnant. Scerena, I havent done injectibles before and I'm pretty nervous about it. I have a consult with my doctor next week to go over details, so I guess I'll just see what she says.

Thanks! That's positive :) I responded a little too well to Clomid myself and ended up at the hospital with emergency scans etc - my de has suggested no more Clomid and that injectables and IVF may also be a no go, although its probably worth a go at IVF before we give up altogether. Hence they suggested surgery - my only worry is I couldn't follow it up with meds, so there are no guarantees. Hey Ho, that's life I guess?

I've been in a really good place the past couple of days. The provera etc is frustrating, but we've had no tears for over a week and I feel surprisingly calm. I think it may be since I found this place - you guys are all so lovely! I post a lot on here, but its so good to let it all out, to air concerns AND, most importantly, not get all the judgement and cynicism you get from people removed from the situation. So a big big thank you to you all - after all, the calmer I am, the more likely I am to conceive right?! X

I think it's definitely a good thing, to be remaining calm! :thumbup: I love this place...it's nice to be able to talk to likeminded people!

stayhopeful, I'm sorry to hear that :hugs: Even though it sucks that you won't be pregnant before your due date, I think it's a good thing that they aren't just letting you go ahead when it would most likely mean more heartache for you...I think I would find a second mc more painful than just sitting it out. :hugs:

Morning ladies.
:bfn:
Cant help but feel upset this time round.
I am not out til af comes though.

Dp left at 7 this morning for work and i fell into a deep sleep. I dreamt me and all of my family were on a big boat and i got a bfp. I was showing everyone the test strip.
Then i woke up and got a :bfn:

Oh well, just waiting for af now......

Ovarian drilling and laps sound scary to me. I am a huge wuss when it comes to surgical things so how would i cope with child birth? Lol!
You ladies are brave!

Stayhopeful I am so sorry you didn't get pregnant before your due date :hugs: you sound like you have a good fs who doesn't want to risk puttin you through the pain of another mc :hugs:
I'm about to start my second round of injectables so if you need any help/info then ask away hun :hugs:

Miss noodles sorry to her that hun :hugs: I hope that you get to try Ivf :hugs: that is great you are feeling calmer a bfp should be on the way soon and I have heard good things about acupuncture and Chinese herbs :)

Mumface26 your not out yet :) i was so scared having the operations but i am so desperate to get my bfp I'm a ltttc'er and at this point I'd do what ever I can to get my bfp :) fx'd you get a bfp soon :)

Hey ladies, just popping in to see how everyone's doing. I have everything crossed for us all, hope the bfp number on the thread starts going up soon! I am currently 5dpo and testing on the 15th september so only 9 days to go. Unless I poas earlier... Ooh its tempting!

Hope you're all well ladies. :)

Anyone here get side effects on Metformin? Been on it for about four months and its only been the past week that it's upset my tummy or affected my appetite (assuming the met is to blame) - is be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks!

I've been taking met for nearly two months now, my appetite has been really affected ever since I started taking it. As for an upset stomach, I had no problems at all with the first lot of tablets I had but I recently refilled my prescription and they gave me a different brand-I have had an upset stomach like nobody's business since! I've been getting quite a bit of nausea too.

In terms of my cycle I'm cd125 and nothing happening.

I've been taking met for nearly two months now, my appetite has been really affected ever since I started taking it. As for an upset stomach, I had no problems at all with the first lot of tablets I had but I recently refilled my prescription and they gave me a different brand-I have had an upset stomach like nobody's business since! I've been getting quite a bit of nausea too.

Welcome back nexis!

Hi nexis! Could you have your doctor give you some meds so you have a period? Or is he wanting you to wait before any further meds are discussed?
Xxx

Hi nexis! Could you have your doctor give you some meds so you have a period? Or is he wanting you to wait before any further meds are discussed?
Xxx

Unfortunately they're all for waiting :growlmad: I've got to go back to the hospital 19th October, hoping they'll give me something because at this point I really feel that it would be best to force a bleed of some sort as it can't be good for me to not have had af for this long. Wait and see I suppose :wacko:

Poor you - I got to day 50 something and gave up. Last year I had only two natural cycles and I was terrified about the long term affect of absent AFs. The docs don't always play friendly, hence I'm taking charge and starting on natural progesterone cream this next cycle.

Thank you for letting me know about your met problems. It's good to know I'm not alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->