Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Anyone here get side effects on Metformin? Been on it for about four months and its only been the past week that it's upset my tummy or affected my appetite (assuming the met is to blame) - is be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks!

I took Metformin may through june...May I was on 500mg that increased to 1000mg.my side affects were slight change in appetite, and diarreah...TMI :(....then in June my Dr. Increased me to 2000mg..I stayed sick..nothing stayed down..I don't believe the medicine had a chance to get in my system before I was running to the nearest restroom...I was scared to eat... so I've stopped taking it for now to try and reset my body, i still have a really low appetite well i get full quickly...I was taking Clomid as well and everyone that I have talked with says that I should have been on metformin months before starting Clomid.
Hope this is helpful

Mspeachy. Not necessarily, I took clomid and never took met! Clomid forces someone anovulatory to ovulate. Metformin is for insulin resistant people. 2 completely diff things. I asked my doc for met as id read about the weight loss and he said only if I truly need it as it causes so much gastro distress and that's y people on it are losing weight! I had tests and it was found that my particular form of pcos IS NOT insulin resistant so I did not get the metformin- but went straight to clomid.

Nexis- hoping af visits soon!!

Good luck to all u ladies xx

Anyone here get side effects on Metformin? Been on it for about four months and its only been the past week that it's upset my tummy or affected my appetite (assuming the met is to blame) - is be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks!

i take met and have been on it for almost a year. ive had issues with it the entire time. i started out on 1000mg, which did squat, then 1700. most of my issues were just GI issues, but never appetite issues. now im on 2000mg - and appearing to be even MORE screwed up! if its bothering your stomach, you may need to eat more (or differently). somebody suggested taking it with something sugary, but i've yet to do that.

Thanks for the feedback ladies! I have an appt with my endo on 18th, so hoping to get some answers then. In reality, I can cope with an upset stomach on the most part, but I cannot cope with excess wind - its both embarrassing and uncomfortable! My progesterone levels appear to be strongly affected by sugar intake - I had a bad day yesterday and at quite a bit, then my temp dropped this morning, when its been rising for the past 5 days. It's not the first time this has happened, so I'll take it as a lesson to be more careful about what goes into my mouth!

Mspeachy. Not necessarily, I took clomid and never took met! Clomid forces someone anovulatory to ovulate. Metformin is for insulin resistant people. 2 completely diff things. I asked my doc for met as id read about the weight loss and he said only if I truly need it as it causes so much gastro distress and that's y people on it are losing weight! I had tests and it was found that my particular form of pcos IS NOT insulin resistant so I did not get the metformin- but went straight to clomid.

Nexis- hoping af visits soon!!

Good luck to all u ladies xx

Same here, although I think my doctor was tempted to try the metformin if the first 3 rounds of Clomid didn't work. Xx

I am glad i dont take met. I dont think i need it my doctor never mentioned it but i never had a blood test to check for insulin resistance, what symptoms does it carry?

I am trying to relax and not worry. If this turns into one of those long cycles then the last thing i want to be is stressed and making it worse.
All I am going to do is relax, take my vits, eat and sleep well oh and bd loads incase of late ovulation!
At least its friday woohooo no work for two days after today!!

:dust:

Nexis = if my doctor told me to wait for af after 100+ days i would either say i am not accepting it and i want something done or change doctor.
I hope something gets sorted for you soon hun!

I am glad i dont take met. I dont think i need it my doctor never mentioned it but i never had a blood test to check for insulin resistance, what symptoms does it carry?

I am trying to relax and not worry. If this turns into one of those long cycles then the last thing i want to be is stressed and making it worse.
All I am going to do is relax, take my vits, eat and sleep well oh and bd loads incase of late ovulation!

if i remember right, being tired, extra thirst, and a couple other things.

met is also a med for PCOS. im not IR, but i still take it. my blood sugar, etc were really good. most women i know with PCOS have had to take met. does wonders with cycles!

met is also a med for PCOS. im not IR, but i still take it. my blood sugar, etc were really good. most women i know with PCOS have had to take met. does wonders with cycles!

Think this is why my next step was the met

I don't have IR, but the endo gave me met because it reduces pcos symptoms in some women. For me, its reduced acne, promoted regrowth of the hair I had lost, reduced hirsutism and I've found it a little easier to lose weight. I have diabetes on both sides of my family, so am at increased risk, as I'm relatively slim, but carry all my weight on my tummy - endo said met would help lessen the risk of diabetes later on.

Hope this helps

Hi everyone.
I was diagnosed with PCOS in July. Since then i have been taking 1000mg of metformin daily, lost 11 pounds and also exercising 3 times a week but still no AF.
Anyone experienced the same?
How long did it take to get your AF for everyone else once starting met?
Ali
x

Checking in with everyone. I go to the doctor next Thursday. Not my ob but my regular doctor to check up on this whole high bp thing. It seems to be in order. The panic attacks is what is hurting me right now. I feel like my shoulders are so tight that it goes down into my back. I feel like my body isn't my own anymore.

This is why hubby and I haven't been trying. I need time to regroup a little bit.

Basically I am a heap of crying mess most of the time. My panic attacks exhaust me and not being able to run or enjoy coffee or any of those things it sucks pretty badly.

I feel hopeless...like I should give up now...

CD 13 supposedly im suppose to ovulate tomarrow! but no signs yet hmmm..it is my first month so maybe it needs to get in my system so hoping that this month i at least ovulate and next month our little bby. :) ♥

CD 13 supposedly im suppose to ovulate tomarrow! but no signs yet hmmm..it is my first month so maybe it needs to get in my system so hoping that this month i at least ovulate and next month our little bby. :)

I ov'ed cd21 on my first round. It's not a strict day 14 thing

Think this is why my next step was the met

thats why i started it. i was only having af every 6 months, and my OB said that can actually cause cervical cancer. Went on met, now i have them monthly usually. my cycles were 32-39 days. i just had my + opk 4 days ago, so no idea whats going on. they increased my met to 1000mg twice a day. I'm fairly sure i actually ovulated though :thumbup:

Re: metformin
My weight is 10st 10lbs (150lbs) and i am 5ft2in. My skin is only greasy on my forehead but my fringe is to blame for that, havent had spots since stopping bcp, only a little line of hair from my belly button to my pubic area but no facial or hair anywhere else.
Last year i lost a full stone (14lbs) with diet and wii fit. Never had a flat tummy :(
Also i have had three perids on my own since quitting bcp in april so i dont think pos has got me bad.

I doubt my doctor will put me on met but i would need a blood test to confirm this wont i?

So i think what my doctor means is i have poly cystic ovaries but without the syndrome??

Hi everyone.
I was diagnosed with PCOS in July. Since then i have been taking 1000mg of metformin daily, lost 11 pounds and also exercising 3 times a week but still no AF.
Ali
x

Welcome to the thread! I dont or ever had met but i am sure someone on here can help you.
Xxxx

Ghinspire= i hope you get your panic attacks sorted. My mum fell into a deep depression when my grandma died and suffered horrrid panic attacks. She was put on meds and also went to see a counciller every week. She is still on anti depressants but a much lower dosage and only has an anxiety attack of she is really upset or worried about something, which these days are very rare.

I am just saying there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Please be ok. :hug:

Hi everyone.
Ali
x

I got one super quick - a couple of weeks, but its been patchy yet. Doc tells me it can take 6 months to get straight. I've been on it a few months and seen all kinds of benefits, bit not af yet. Hope that helps

Hi mumface. I think you are similar to me.. I have cysts but not really the syndrome.. my hormones are up and down.. I am on cycle day 19 and still waiting to O hope I'm.not in for a long cycle. I remember you had a long cycle roughly same time as my 50 day cycle. How have your cycles been since then..? My last one was 32 days which is good but heaven knows what this one will be

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->