Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Im feeling happier now.. just got a smiley face on a digi Ov test.. OPKs were giving me a headache lol

Im feeling happier now.. just got a smiley face on a digi Ov test.. OPKs were giving me a headache lol

Congrats, hope this will be your cycle :)

Nothing new with me, got really sore bbs though but not getting my hopes up that it means anything. Hope you're all good :D

only did that test so late cos i had done 4 opks yesterday and all were looking like "almost" positive but not quite dark enough.. tried the digi one and got the smiley face so done OPK and another digi today and both clear positives.. :D

Any suggestions or advice for someone that just found out they have pcos?
I don't know what to do... I was prescribed metaformin but the nurse didn't call it in to the pharmacy so I have to wait until Monday to start this...

Any suggestions or advice for someone that just found out they have pcos?
I don't know what to do... I was prescribed metaformin but the nurse didn't call it in to the pharmacy so I have to wait until Monday to start this...

Welcome :hi: obviously I don't know about you personal circumstances but for me I was told that I should look at my diet and try to eat healthier and also try to lose some weight. I'm also on metformin (1000mg) and so far for me personally it hasn't done anything but I'm just going to continue to take it until info back to the hospital in october. Do you chart your temperature at all? Do you have periods? I'm annovulatory at the moment so I haven't had a period in a long time and if that's the case for you then maybe you could ask about getting provera to kick start everything. Any other questions just ask :)

Laurabe- yay for a smiley :wohoo: I hope you got to bd :)

Evie- :hi: welcome :) no advice really apart from change your diet to eat healthy, IF your over weight loose weight and just take all the help you can get :) gl :)

Nexis- what cd are you on now hun? Sore :holly: is always a good sign...

Laurabe- yay for a smiley :wohoo: I hope you got to bd :)

Evie- :hi: welcome :) no advice really apart from change your diet to eat healthy, IF your over weight loose weight and just take all the help you can get :) gl :)

Nexis- what cd are you on now hun? Sore :holly: is always a good sign...

127 today :haha:

Thanks Serena we BD today and will again tomoro so fingers crossed.

Laurabe- sounds as if you are covering all basis :)

Nexis- aw I feel so sorry for you! Wish I could send you some provera through here! Have you tested yet??

Re: metformin
My weight is 10st 10lbs (150lbs) and i am 5ft2in. My skin is only greasy on my forehead but my fringe is to blame for that, havent had spots since stopping bcp, only a little line of hair from my belly button to my pubic area but no facial or hair anywhere else.
Last year i lost a full stone (14lbs) with diet and wii fit. Never had a flat tummy :(
Also i have had three perids on my own since quitting bcp in april so i dont think pos has got me bad.

I doubt my doctor will put me on met but i would need a blood test to confirm this wont i?

So i think what my doctor means is i have poly cystic ovaries but without the syndrome??

:dust:

have they tested you for high testosterone?

Hi everyone.
I was diagnosed with PCOS in July. Since then i have been taking 1000mg of metformin daily, lost 11 pounds and also exercising 3 times a week but still no AF.
Anyone experienced the same?
How long did it take to get your AF for everyone else once starting met?
Ali
x

i got my first af after met in Nov after starting it in october - but they had to change the doses.

How is your weekend going ladies?
Had acupuncture this morning - was really quite uncomfortable, but he said that my body is much calmer than when I first saw him and he hopes to start intensifying the fertility treatment when ad arrives! I'm really quite nervous - I get carried away with myself and I don't want to go getting all upset when (if?) I don't get lucky. I guess its natural to feel a little like that.

Nexis, pleased your body is doing something - I get to a point when I'm hoping for anything, af even, just so I know my body is working. My friend is pregnant with her fourth son - we were discussing pcos and she said the only times her cycle has been over 30 days is when shes been pregnant! How the other half live, eh. I did tell her that if she has another baby I WILL steal it and run off to the hills, lol

How is your weekend going ladies?
Had acupuncture this morning - was really quite uncomfortable, but he said that my body is much calmer than when I first saw him and he hopes to start intensifying the fertility treatment when ad arrives! I'm really quite nervous - I get carried away with myself and I don't want to go getting all upset when (if?) I don't get lucky. I guess its natural to feel a little like that.

Nexis, pleased your body is doing something - I get to a point when I'm hoping for anything, af even, just so I know my body is working. My friend is pregnant with her fourth son - we were discussing pcos and she said the only times her cycle has been over 30 days is when shes been pregnant! How the other half live, eh. I did tell her that if she has another baby I WILL steal it and run off to the hills, lol

Wow! Great your accu is going so well- I don't think I could do it I hate needles!
I wonder if your friend will try for another to get a girl lol.
Well today (Australian time) I am officially half way (20 weeks) and we are up on beautiful gold coast, Queensland!
Shopping, beach, theme parks - yay!
My dad bought us this trip as a joint bday present. He lives up here. It's 8am and deciding what to do today- thinking shopping!!

Laurabe- sounds as if you are covering all basis :)

Nexis- aw I feel so sorry for you! Wish I could send you some provera through here! Have you tested yet??

I tested last on 28th August and it was negative.

Thanks - I am covered in tattoos, so I thinks its safe to say I'm okay with needles!
We are just heading off to bed now, so I will leave you to your shopping. My friends tell me that it gets exciting from 20wks, its when all the action starts and you begin really showing. Hope you're enjoying it and everything is going well :)

Nexis- sorry to hear that :hugs:

Hopeful- sounds like great fun :) enjoy! My brother his wife and kids have moved to Australia :)

Miss noodles- well done doing acu :) I have never done it, done everything else except that I think- I inject myself anyway with fertility meds during my cycles do maybe I should do acu, it's been a long journey and I've considered acu loads but never done it, it seems scary :dohh:

It's great here scerena!

And I've been really showing for a good 10 weeks now! I usually get "are you sure it's not twins?" or "are you sure your only 5 months?" hmm thanks random stranger, you must know better than me about my body!

All.
Nexis- sorry to hear that :hugs:

Hopeful- sounds like great fun :) enjoy! My brother his wife and kids have moved to Australia :)

Miss noodles- well done doing acu :) I have never done it, done everything else except that I think- I inject myself anyway with fertility meds during my cycles do maybe I should do acu, it's been a long journey and I've considered acu loads but never done it, it seems scary :dohh:

I got kind of desperate - the NHS is so busy I can only get in to see FS every 6 months or more and, as I didn't get on with Clomid, I needed something else to do in the mean time (other than showing my husband a good time!)...

I went for a free consultation first and they had time to give me a treatment then, so I just went for it. I've had four sessions and its occasionally been uncomfortable when the needles go in, but I feel calmer and more content than I have since I found out how hard it would be to have a family of our own.

I am still waiting for af, but the acupuncturist is happy to work alongside western meds, so just taken provera to give good ol mother nature a nudge. Going to try soya isoflavones and natural progesterone cream this cycle and hope for the best - next fs appt has been moved to March!!

I would recommend it to anyone, but I also know people who've not enjoyed it. It's pricey, too, but I figure its still cheaper and less stressful than IVF, so worth my time and money!

It's great here scerena!

And I've been really showing for a good 10 weeks now! I usually get "are you sure it's not twins?" or "are you sure your only 5 months?" hmm thanks random stranger, you must know better than me about my body!

If/when I get pregnant I'd love to show early - I want to enjoy that moment as long as I can! People are terrible with their comments, though, saying something like that to a hormonal women is clearly very sensible?! Hope you enjoyed your shopping trip

Hopeful wow maybe you have a very BIG baby??? Or it's waters :shrug: what did the midwife say??? How lovely to have been showing for a whole it must feel more real once you start showing?

Miss noodles sounds like the acu is doing you good then :) your calmness will help for sure :hugs:
The nhs do have long waiting list which are a pain so it's good you have something more natural to try during your wait :) march WTH that is so far away! What will that appointment be for???
How long does your af usually take? I'm 6 days past my last pill :grr: usually 5-7days in the past my af has arrived so wishing it would hurry up!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->