Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Hey, I'm 22 and suffer from PCOS. I would so love to be in the TTC category but my doctors aren't of any help whatsoever. I was prescribed metformin but due to my IBS I was told to stop taking it. When I went to the docs recently I was told that I shouldn't have been taken off it and there's an investigation into why that happened. I go to the docs all the time asking to help me with my condition but they say they won't unless I'm TTC. I have told them I am in that area but they say give it time. Lose some weight (I've gone from a size 24 to a 16 in a few months but apparently that's not good enough) If there is anyone here who can help me please let me know xx

Hey, I'm 22 and suffer from PCOS. I would so love to be in the TTC category but my doctors aren't of any help whatsoever. I was prescribed metformin but due to my IBS I was told to stop taking it. When I went to the docs recently I was told that I shouldn't have been taken off it and there's an investigation into why that happened. I go to the docs all the time asking to help me with my condition but they say they won't unless I'm TTC. I have told them I am in that area but they say give it time. Lose some weight (I've gone from a size 24 to a 16 in a few months but apparently that's not good enough) If there is anyone here who can help me please let me know xx

Welcome :hi: I'm on metformin and I have IBS and nobody has ever said that would be a problem, seems crazy that they would tell you you shouldn't be taking them due to IBS.

There's a possibility that af is here :shock: trying not to get my hopes up as I've thought she was here before but it was just some spotting. It's more than that at the moment and I have quite bad cramps but I'll wait and see if it just stops tomorrow or gets worse. Here's hoping :haha:

Nexus I hope it is af as you have definately waited long enough fx'd :hugs:

Jojo I think there was a 6month waiting list from what I remember? But then mine got cancelled a few days before which annoyed me and then I waited about 3 weeks... I know they usually offer the cancelled appointments to the people at the top of the list or if it's an emergency at my hospital so I'm not sure on your hospitals policy sorry :hugs:
How are you feeling about it all now???

Kirsty :hi: welcome, I do know that you have to have a certain bmi in my fertility clinic before they offer treatment :shrug: fx'd they help you sooner rather than later :hugs:

There's a possibility that af is here :shock: trying not to get my hopes up as I've thought she was here before but it was just some spotting. It's more than that at the moment and I have quite bad cramps but I'll wait and see if it just stops tomorrow or gets worse. Here's hoping :haha:

Fingers crossed that she's finally turn up! X

Nexis, I see you've been prescribed met. Your doctor should be upping the dose, or giving you provera. I totally agree with hopeful. you need to be making a ruckus!!

I'm going to make sure that I get them to do something more because this is just ridiculous. It's just a pity that my appt was rearranged from August to October and my GP won't up the dosage as metformin for PCOS isn't a licensed use for it, so they're leaving it to the hospital. Obviously I want to start ovulating but at the moment I just really want AF/withdrawal bleed as I really don't feel right not having anything for such long stretches.

yes, it is. i was having 6 months between af (OR MORE!) and they put me on met. when it didnt work, they upped it. i just had it upped again, and now im bonkers again.

have they done ultrasounds, etc?

Originally I had blood tests, slightly high testosterone then an u/s that did show some cysts and one ovary was slightly larger. Had more bloods at hospital but can't get those results till I go back in october. Fs said she expects it will show low progesterone too and was a bit surprised this hadn't been checked previously.

you're in a far better boat than i. ive had zero testing in the PCOS department. my u/s was clear showing no cysts, etc. no blood work done either, other than thyroid. they should be able to call you and tell you your results.

Nexis, I see you've been prescribed met. Your doctor should be upping the dose, or giving you provera. I totally agree with hopeful. you need to be making a ruckus!!

I'm going to make sure that I get them to do something more because this is just ridiculous. It's just a pity that my appt was rearranged from August to October and my GP won't up the dosage as metformin for PCOS isn't a licensed use for it, so they're leaving it to the hospital. Obviously I want to start ovulating but at the moment I just really want AF/withdrawal bleed as I really don't feel right not having anything for such long stretches.

yes, it is. i was having 6 months between af (OR MORE!) and they put me on met. when it didnt work, they upped it. i just had it upped again, and now im bonkers again.

Originally I had blood tests, slightly high testosterone then an u/s that did show some cysts and one ovary was slightly larger. Had more bloods at hospital but can't get those results till I go back in october. Fs said she expects it will show low progesterone too and was a bit surprised this hadn't been checked previously.

you're in a far better boat than i. ive had zero testing in the PCOS department. my u/s was clear showing no cysts, etc. no blood work done either, other than thyroid. they should be able to call you and tell you your results.

The hospital won't ring me as they'll give me the results next time I go.

:witch: is most definitely here. I got up at 6am as I couldn't sleep because of the cramps. I've taken ibroprufen and grinning and bearing it, this is the first af I've had (reasonably) on my own since last November and I promised myself I wouldn't moan about the cramps too much as I'm just glad she's finally here. Hoping they subside a bit later as I'm getting my nails infilled :haha:

I

:witch: is most definitely here. I got up at 6am as I couldn't sleep because of the cramps. I've taken ibroprufen and grinning and bearing it, this is the first af I've had (reasonably) on my own since last November and I promised myself I wouldn't moan about the cramps too much as I'm just glad she's finally here. Hoping they subside a bit later as I'm getting my nails infilled :haha:

Hooray for you! That's awesome news! You know, your patience is remarkable and something to be proud of - aren't many of us who would sit it out like that. Such great news to start the day (though I usually wish she'd bigger off again within about 12hrs!)

AFM, have been refitting the kitchen and just finished soya isoflavones. Don't know which is causing it, but I have been VERY irritable and DH has been walking on eggshells past two days. Have endo appt today (2nd ever), which is exciting (I feel quite pathetic that a hospital appointment is likely to be the highlight of my week), so I will let you all know how it goes.

Am on my annoying little phone at the mo, but will read back and post again when I manage to find my lappy charger, which is buried under cake tins in the front room!

Scerena I would imagin my hospital has a similar policy, might ask though if they say no I'm in no worse position. I'm ok, my problem with everything is I'm soo impatient I find waiting so hard! How are your injectables going??:hugs:

Miss Noodles I know exactly what you mean about appointment being the highlight of your week. I actually had a count down calander on my work computer for my FS appointment!:blush: lol! If you don't mind me asking are soya isoflavones natural or prescribed, and what do they do?

Nexis :wohoo: yaya for af :wohoo: a new cycle and a new chance :happydance:

Miss noodlesGood luck with your appointment today :hugs: your poor oh mine gets the same from me on my injections, it's probably the soy, the thing we have to do for babies they take a lot from us don't they our oh's :)

Jojo I too am very impatient and the wait was soooooo long! I hope your hospital policy is different :) I agree you should still ask :)

Thanks for asking they're going okay, I'm use to them now :) I have my next scan on thurs so I am hoping for 1/2 follicles to be growing :)

Miss Noodles I know exactly what you mean about appointment being the highlight of your week. I actually had a count down calander on my work computer for my FS appointment!:blush: lol! If you don't mind me asking are soya isoflavones natural or prescribed, and what do they do?

Soya isoflavones are apparently a bit like a natural Clomid. You take them on cd 3-7 to induce ovulation IF you have irregular bleeds - if you're regular you shouldn't touch it because it apparently throws you out of sync. Too early for me to tell what's happening for me, if anything, as only cd9, but will keep you posted. If you google it you should be able to find a lot of info. There's a lot of conflicting information out there, but I'm somewhat impatient and thoroughly fed up of 9 month waits between appts with my fs, so I'll give anything a go!

Just saw endo and he said to stick with the met and he will chivvy up my fs to see if taking Clomid is an option, alongside careful monitoring this time to help avoid or manage the ohss symptoms I got last time. I feel a little unsettled, the NHS is so wonderful for the 'free' serviceit offers the sick, but if you're not dying they don't seem to be as interested in helping you get better or live a normal life. Too often I'm told that long cycles increase cancer risk and yet my gp is reluctant to prescribe anything to force a bleed, so I have to beg any medical practitioner I can for some pills.

Still, if chart shows O this month I will try the natural progesterone cream and hope for the best. DH is at least happy that I'm pouncing on him every 5 mins at the mo!

Enjoy your Tuesday ladies!

i hate when they do that. its quite annoying when they wont answer a simple question.

ooh, congrats! hopefully things calm down so you can get your nails done!

i hate when they do that. its quite annoying when they wont answer a simple question.

Thanks :) the cramps did calm down a bit so it was ok getting my nails done. They got a bit worse earlier but dh went and got me some new neurofen for period pain tablets and they've done the trick. Spent the afternoon in my pyjamas with chocoloate watching the avengers film :blush:

I managed to get a referral to a FS! Don't know when it will happen yet, I'm sure many months from now. I'm just happy my family doctor took me seriously.
It makes me feel like something will happen.
My family doctor didn't want to do the bloodwork to check hormone levels for PCOS- he thought it best to just refer me on. He did agree it sounds like Clomid will help me. So fingers crossed I can see the FS sooner than later.
I do plan on taking matters into my own hands next cycle and doing soy iso.
Excited about that.

P.S. jojo I love your avatar/picture. I want to print that and put it on my fridge.
Awesomeness.

Thanks :) the cramps did calm down a bit so it was ok getting my nails done. They got a bit worse earlier but dh went and got me some new neurofen for period pain tablets and they've done the trick. Spent the afternoon in my pyjamas with chocoloate watching the avengers film :blush:

ooh, i know how that goes. i spent a better part of my weekend in my pjs which some chocolate and a video game. this was the worst af ever. im hoping its over by tomorrow as im going to get my hair done. just my luck, it'll get worse!:dohh:

Just popping in to vent about my UTI from hell..the discomfort is so bad that I only got an hours sleep then had to go to work.. can't get a doctors appointment so got an over the counter remedy but its still like torture :( drinking water like its going out of fashion and trying to drink cranberry juice but I hate how it tastes.

ooh, i know how that goes. i spent a better part of my weekend in my pjs which some chocolate and a video game. this was the worst af ever. im hoping its over by tomorrow as im going to get my hair done. just my luck, it'll get worse!:dohh:

I hope it gets better for you getting your hair done! I really don't feel like doing anything today but my best friend has a tribunal today as the dwp are trying to kick her off incapacity benefit so I'm going with her.

Just popping by to say :hi: and I hope everyone I well??? I will read through later :)

Does anyone else have days when it feels like the whole world is pregnant but them? And no matter what you do or how much you try to manage the things in your life to reduce stress and eat healthily and make sensible choices, fate comes along with his nasty plan and makes you feel poo poo poo...

I see all my pregnant friends and friends with kids (of which there are many) and I am so happy for them and for the joy and completeness most of them feel in their lives. But, and this is where it's hard, I hate it when they complain about being tired and needing to wee all the time, when they tell me (absent mindedly) that I'll understand how rubbish pregnancy is when it's my turn, that they hate the cost, the lack of sleep, the mess.

Sorry. I'm feeling a bit woe is me and really quite tragically desperate for some good news. Every week for the past few weeks someone else is pregnant and I have friends confessing they're about to start trying for their second because they 'don't want them too far apart' - bully for you, mate - some of us would just love to have one.

Rant over. Not that I feel any better. Hopefully a good night's sleep should put me right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->