Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Quick update- ill read through all the posts a little later ladies :)

Todays scan:
7.5 lining
1 follicle at 21mm the rest got left behind :happydance:

I triggered and it stung like a bitch!!!

Got to test two weeks today, they recommended every other day bd for :spermy: quality... What do you reacon ladies we usually do every other should I try every day for a change hmmmm??? In thinking I should stick to every other right?
The nurse was so happy everything went smoothly and said "I'll be waiting for your call in two weeks hopefully next time ill be doing your pregnancy scan" Im not getting me hopes up- was just lovely for her to be so positive bless her :)

Go for every other day I think I read somewhere spermies need to recharge! Gooood luuuuuck!!

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if anyone know what these levels mean? I had blood work done and found out I have PCOS and my doctor sent me a copy because I'm going to see an ob gyn in Oct and thought it would be good to bring along. So I'm looking at it and i'm like o_O Maybe someone here could shed some light?

also the "Testosterone, Serum is *52* H ng/dl 8 - 48" incase you couldn't read it well.

Thanks.

the testosterone level which has been highlighted is high - your whole sheet looks very similar to mine tbh. High testosterone levels are a strong indicator of pcos. Your LH and FSH levels would indicate ovulation in someone without pcos, but these levels fluctuate constantly in someone with pcos. Were these CD21 bloods? Do you have regular cycles?

It's good that your doctor seems to have been thorough, and is happy for you to take this to your next appt. Definitely do that, because it makes it so much easier for them to get treatment started, without putting you through the same testing twice :) Not many doctors do this, so even though a pcos diagnosis will be likely at your OB/GYN (I'm guessing to look for cysts on your ovaries now) it's good that you seem to be looked after well.

I hope you stick around here. You will get a lot of support here x

Hi nlk,

I don't have regular cycles, in fact I'm still waiting for my period. I haven't had one since Nov 2011 after stopping my BCP. So I'm hoping the ob/gyn will give me something to start one.

Quick update- ill read through all the posts a little later ladies :)

Todays scan:
7.5 lining
1 follicle at 21mm the rest got left behind :happydance:

I triggered and it stung like a bitch!!!

Got to test two weeks today, they recommended every other day bd for :spermy: quality... What do you reacon ladies we usually do every other should I try every day for a change hmmmm??? In thinking I should stick to every other right?
The nurse was so happy everything went smoothly and said "I'll be waiting for your call in two weeks hopefully next time ill be doing your pregnancy scan" Im not getting me hopes up- was just lovely for her to be so positive bless her :)

I'd stick with every other day. FX'd :hugs:

The numbers after are the normal limits.
So your within range for testosterone, the only thing high is LH, and the 2nd thing shows u ovulated around time of blood test

WAIT! WHAT?!?!?!?! How could I ovulate, but not have a period??? I started Metformin the day I found out I have PCOS? I'm sorry - I'm seriously confused. lol

ps.s messed up on the testosterone it's 52 above normal - sorry

you dont need a period to ovulate. i got pregnant without having a period in 6 months

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if anyone know what these levels mean? I had blood work done and found out I have PCOS and my doctor sent me a copy because I'm going to see an ob gyn in Oct and thought it would be good to bring along. So I'm looking at it and i'm like o_O Maybe someone here could shed some light?

also the "Testosterone, Serum is *52* H ng/dl 8 - 48" incase you couldn't read it well.

Thanks.

the testosterone level which has been highlighted is high - your whole sheet looks very similar to mine tbh. High testosterone levels are a strong indicator of pcos. Your LH and FSH levels would indicate ovulation in someone without pcos, but these levels fluctuate constantly in someone with pcos. Were these CD21 bloods? Do you have regular cycles?

It's good that your doctor seems to have been thorough, and is happy for you to take this to your next appt. Definitely do that, because it makes it so much easier for them to get treatment started, without putting you through the same testing twice :) Not many doctors do this, so even though a pcos diagnosis will be likely at your OB/GYN (I'm guessing to look for cysts on your ovaries now) it's good that you seem to be looked after well.

I hope you stick around here. You will get a lot of support here x

Hi nlk,

I don't have regular cycles, in fact I'm still waiting for my period. I haven't had one since Nov 2011 after stopping my BCP. So I'm hoping the ob/gyn will give me something to start one.

the metformin should start your period.

katerz and Nexis thanks ladies I think I'll bd tonight and then sat morning :)

Hope everyone's doing well?

katerz and Nexis thanks ladies I think I'll bd tonight and then sat morning :)

Hope everyone's doing well?

I'm cool, just enjoying having dh home for a couple more days. Went out today for lunch with him and my mum which was nice. Started using opk's from today as its cd 11 on the off chance that maybe this will be a shorter cycle.

Edit: now I'm less enjoying having him home as I'm making a cup of tea and he's just informed me he's eaten all my digestives :cry:

Hello ladies
Screens, Nexis, hope this is the month for you.

Sadly not to be for me - bbt chart is like the rocky mountains, though I had all the ewcm and o pains. 10/10 for effort, body, but sadly it wasn't enough. Roll on AF and we can try again next month.

Question for you all - have any of you considered at which stage you may stop trying? I mean, for many of us, having our own baby is our only desire and we will do whatever it takes; some of us want a family, but have boundaries in terms of the measures we will go to. DH and I have been talking a lot the past few days and I'm trying to work out whether, for me, theres a point when I'm truly comfortable with walking away, how far will I go and what will I do to carry my own child? It's a very personal thing, but I'd be grateful for your thoughts if you'd be happy to share.

nexis :haha: not your digestives :haha: good luck with the opk's Hun :) how long will your oh be going for?

miss noodles personally- I won't give up until I have tried everything and then Ivf if Ivf fails me a few times then I guess I would have no choice but to give up in a sense... Personally I think I will always try for my bfp- ive been ttc for years and don't get me wrong there's been times when I wish I could give up but I can't it's like I'm addicted and I won't stop until I'm holding my baby...

Like you said its a personal decision and I think you should just take it all as it comes, don't think of when it will be and just do all you can until that say comes (if it comes)

nexis :haha: not your digestives :haha: good luck with the opk's Hun :) how long will your oh be going for?

miss noodles personally- I won't give up until I have tried everything and then Ivf if Ivf fails me a few times then I guess I would have no choice but to give up in a sense... Personally I think I will always try for my bfp- ive been ttc for years and don't get me wrong there's been times when I wish I could give up but I can't it's like I'm addicted and I won't stop until I'm holding my baby...

Like you said its a personal decision and I think you should just take it all as it comes, don't think of when it will be and just do all you can until that say comes (if it comes)

He's not going anywhere :haha: just meant he's home cos he's still off work. He's back in on Sunday after 12 days off.

Miss noodles.
I have a sister in law who has had 8 miscarriages that I know of.
She's had at least 6 rounds of ivf.
I'm pretty sure she stopped the ivf years ago (weighing up success vs cost)
But I think she's now realizing she will be 40 in a year or 2 and it probably won't happen.
I think after the ivf fails there was still hope it would magically happen.
She's not taken my pregnancy well :(

Hello ladies

Sadly not to be for me - bbt chart is like the rocky mountains, though I had all the ewcm and o pains. 10/10 for effort, body, but sadly it wasn't enough. Roll on AF and we can try again next month.

Question for you all - have any of you considered at which stage you may stop trying? I mean, for many of us, having our own baby is our only desire and we will do whatever it takes; some of us want a family, but have boundaries in terms of the measures we will go to. DH and I have been talking a lot the past few days and I'm trying to work out whether, for me, theres a point when I'm truly comfortable with walking away, how far will I go and what will I do to carry my own child? It's a very personal thing, but I'd be grateful for your thoughts if you'd be happy to share.

Mine comes down to the money factor. i can no way afford IVF, so if IUIs dont work - if i ever get to that point - that will be the end of the medically helped road. but i know i won't stop trying til its just not possible anymore. ive been trying for so long, giving up wouldnt be worth it.

Thank you for posting a reply ladies. This past week or two had been really hard on DH and I, and I guess we've just started talking about cost vs benefit - except, for me its the emotional cost as opposed to the financial one (thank goodness for our slow but functional-ish NHS).

I've been told to temp every day for my fs and endo to see how I'm doing, but waking at 6am to discover that your body, once again, isn't doing what it should takes its toll and I think I'm starting to feel a little exhausted.

To add to the mix, I also have bipolar disorder and many of the meds for the condition are not pcos or conception friendly - causing weight gain and changes in blood sugars. Following a difficult and very upsetting few months trying to find a suitable ldrug to take while TTC, we agreed to go med free - perhaps the biggest risk I've taken in my adult life.

We feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm getting depressed and that won't help anyone. At the same time, my need to be a mother is overwhelming and all I can think or talk about. I have some tough decisions to make and I worry that if I take even a short break to get myself better again I may miss my opportunity or wind up feeling like its not worth the risk.

I love DH with all my heart and its hurting him to see me so upset when I start every day. If I add that to my list of worries it all feels a little too much to carry. I don't know what to do and I'm terrified.

Not looking for advice with this post, just needed to let it all out a bit. Thank you for letting me air my feelings - its so complex and, well, BIG, that people don't often take the time or effort to really listen or understand. And, although the NHS is functional, you'd not believe how hard it is to get your GP, FS and psychiatrist to work together - none of them seem able or willing to empathise with me or try to understand what the other is doing.

Anyways, that's enough from me. I hope you all have a.nice weekend. X

Today DH and I have tackled our back garden. Knackered now and hoping for a negative opk later as there's no way either of us will be up for any bd later :haha: garden looks amazing now compared to before :D

Thank you for posting a reply ladies. This past week or two had been really hard on DH and I, and I guess we've just started talking about cost vs benefit - except, for me its the emotional cost as opposed to the financial one (thank goodness for our slow but functional-ish NHS).

I've been told to temp every day for my fs and endo to see how I'm doing, but waking at 6am to discover that your body, once again, isn't doing what it should takes its toll and I think I'm starting to feel a little exhausted.

To add to the mix, I also have bipolar disorder and many of the meds for the condition are not pcos or conception friendly - causing weight gain and changes in blood sugars. Following a difficult and very upsetting few months trying to find a suitable ldrug to take while TTC, we agreed to go med free - perhaps the biggest risk I've taken in my adult life.

We feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm getting depressed and that won't help anyone. At the same time, my need to be a mother is overwhelming and all I can think or talk about. I have some tough decisions to make and I worry that if I take even a short break to get myself better again I may miss my opportunity or wind up feeling like its not worth the risk.

I love DH with all my heart and its hurting him to see me so upset when I start every day. If I add that to my list of worries it all feels a little too much to carry. I don't know what to do and I'm terrified.

Not looking for advice with this post, just needed to let it all out a bit. Thank you for letting me air my feelings - its so complex and, well, BIG, that people don't often take the time or effort to really listen or understand. And, although the NHS is functional, you'd not believe how hard it is to get your GP, FS and psychiatrist to work together - none of them seem able or willing to empathise with me or try to understand what the other is doing.

Anyways, that's enough from me. I hope you all have a.nice weekend. X

If you ever need somebody to talk to, i'll be glad to listen. I have bipolar, too. Ttc while having bipolar is a whole different ball game. I've had to be taken off ALL my meds, and now research shows that i may *never* get pregnant because of those meds. the need - its not a want, its a need - to be pregnant often overwhelms the other feelings... or in my case, compounds them.

Hello ladies

DH and I have actually been talking about that a lot lately. I'm adopted, so it's something that's come up. I think we've decided that if we get to the point where we need to consider iVF, we'll have to take a break and start saving. When we do that, we'll also start pursuing adoption and see which one works out first. The idea of not carrying my own child is heartbreaking, but I know from my own family that it wouldn't be any less my child if he or she came to me through adoption.

AF came for me yesterday, so I start Letrozole tomorrow and then Menopur injections. I'm really nervous about all of the new drugs this cycle.

Rainangel - you'd not believe how relieved I was to read your message. I've felt so lonely because of the complexity bipolar adds to an already difficult situation. I'll drop you a note privately if that's okay - thank you for responding.

Stayhopeful, thank you too. The rules around adoption re different in the US to the UK and I have been told by my local authority you have to wait up to two years after finishing fertility treatment to apply to adopt. I'm not averse to it and I actually believe it will be a fulfilling and rewarding thing to do - its just daunting how you have to be scruitinised to have something that so many can have by accident! I hope your experience as an adopted child was a good one and you don't need to walk that path yourself.

Saw my acupuncturist today - cried all the way through the session, but feel much better now. I've spent the evening at a friend's house and she cooked us lovely Japanese food, which was more virtuous than I'd expected. Going to get down the gym tomorrow and try to stop moping around!

I to all my fellow PCOS-ers... I am Amanda and I am 26. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 21 years old and I have been living with it ever since. I am currently on Metformin in hopes of getting pregnant. I've never known anyone else with PCOS and it will be nice to have others to talk to who truly understand

Rainangel - you'd not believe how relieved I was to read your message. I've felt so lonely because of the complexity bipolar adds to an already difficult situation. I'll drop you a note privately if that's okay - thank you for responding.

I know how you felt. I was pretty shocked to see your post. I got your message, and replied to it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->