Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Jojo - you've stronger willpower than me. I get through hpts like they're going out of fashion unless I can be sure I'm not pregnant. If I have any doubt at all I am liable to test pretty much daily. Obsessive yes, but that's exactly why tempting doesn't work! Fxd for you

lol Thanks, But I have terrible willpower! It's mostly because my car broke and is in the garrage so until it's fixed I can't get to the store to buy any.

I could go the pharmacey near me but, I know it sounds weird, but I have to see them everytime I got to pick up prescription etc and I felt like after I'd brought a test for them and then the next month go and buy another one it was another person who knew I was failing.

I could ask DH to pick some up in his work van but I don't want to get his hope up for nothing! xxxx

Tomorrow I have to go for a 2 hour GTT test, has anyone had one? The one with the gross drink. I'm so scared :(
Good chance ill vomit on them. Fasting 12 hours b4 it def doesn't help

Tomorrow I have to go for a 2 hour GTT test, has anyone had one? The one with the gross drink. I'm so scared :(

Cant say i have known of anyone having one done. Is it to check diabetes?
Is fasting safe for baby?

:wave: Hi nlk & everyone else!

I didn't know this thread existed until I was nosing about on your page nlk :haha:...how slow am I?! :blush:

Is there room for an extra young PCOS?...Even though I feel like 90 right now, damn cold! :cry:

Hope everyone's well and congratulations to everyone who has had a :bfp:!

:dust:

ahh of course there's room for you Kubb! It's great here! Hope your cold clears up soon and you feel better! Have you gotten back to ttc again yet?

Think it is for diabetes, most people I know who've been pregnant had to have one done. Hope it goes ok :hugs:

I didn't know this thread existed until I was nosing about on your page nlk :haha:...how slow am I?! :blush:

Is there room for an extra young PCOS?...Even though I feel like 90 right now, damn cold! :cry:

Welcome :hi:

Hello :)

Hiiii everyone"" :hi: Thank you for the warm welcoming. :flower:

Nlk, I'm back to ttc after losing the 3 stone. I'm currently on my 5th cycle of 50mg Clomid, it's making me ovulate but we're just not catching the eggy!! :dohh: My next appointment with my gyno/fs is 6th December and he said back in June that if I wasn't pregnant by December then he's going to do a lap & ovarian drilling to see how things are in that region. Just seems to be a matter of time and more waiting...and more waiting...and even more waiting! :sleep: Wake me up when 6th December is here!!

Also, I've been diagnosed with gallstones so I'm waiting for a date to have my gallbladder removed, everything is happening at once!

I can't believe how fast Christmas is coming up and I reeeeally can't be bothered with the whole Christmas shopping malarky! :nope:

Hope everyone is well!

hopeful, let us know how your test goes...hope it's not too icky!! I think it's to check for gestational diabetes?

kubb, I just replied to your pm before checking here :dohh: Sorry I didn't add you before, I rushed out to work! Will add you now :thumbup: Ahhhh hope the clomid works for you! Are you goign to trigger? I've starting triggering with the drugs just to kick the egg well and truly out! I had the lap done...it was ok. Going to do ovarian drilling in a few months if I'm still not pregnant!

I love christmas. I've already started shopping, and I can't WAIT to put the tree up! Got a countdown app on my phone and everything!

The clomid is working for me, I'm ovulating but just not catching that eggy!
All I do is take clomid CD2-6 and wait...as well as lots of :sex: :haha:

Just seems to be a waiting game all the time. I want to feel like something is happening but I do feel like I've come along way considering I went 2 and a half years without a period a all to having natural cycles every 5 weeks apart and now on clomid which makes my cycles pretty much a 28 day cycle! Just want to be preggo now!!

I'm on CD20, normally the day after I've ovulated my nipples get so sore but this time they're fine. Matt says I could be pregnant but I don't want to get my hopes up! Just got to wait now...:sleep:

hopeful, let us know how your test goes...hope it's not too icky!! I think it's to check for gestational diabetes?

kubb, I just replied to your pm before checking here :dohh: Sorry I didn't add you before, I rushed out to work! Will add you now :thumbup: Ahhhh hope the clomid works for you! Are you goign to trigger? I've starting triggering with the drugs just to kick the egg well and truly out! I had the lap done...it was ok. Going to do ovarian drilling in a few months if I'm still not pregnant!

I love christmas. I've already started shopping, and I can't WAIT to put the tree up! Got a countdown app on my phone and everything!

I finished my Xmas shopping today :haha: I am sooo excited to put all the decorations up, our house is like Santas grotto in December lol

ahhh fab! My issue was, the letrozole was working, but they couldn't decide whether I was completely ovulating...my tracking scan showed I was everytime, but still nothing :nope: so at least with the trigger it takes out that doubt!

When are you planning on testing, Kubb? Or are you just going to wait it out?

I've got my scan next wednesday, so hopefully there will be a little eggy waiting to be kicked out! :haha: hoping to trigger then as well, as I don't really have the time to go back in the next day...:wacko: but I'll make time if it gives me a shot this cycle! Finally got OH to agree to take some supplements as well :happydance:

I'm planning to wait until about CD30 if it lasts that long and then I'll test. I'm itching to test now but I know I shouldn't so I'm not going to!

Got my fingers crossed for you nlk, hopefully you'll get your :bfp: soon! That's good news about your OH though :)

nexis, tha's absolutely made my day! OH won't let me put up decs until the first weekend...sometimes until after my mum's birthday which is the 8th....I get so excited! I'm a bit jealous of you having finished, but then I thought, no wait, cos that means I still get to do mine! Haha! I need to drag it out to fill the time until the decs go up!

Kubb, I don't think I have EVER managed to wait until CD30 to test :haha: I'm so bad! With the trigger though, I have to be careful...because it's hcg, it gives me a positive. So I have to be sure that it's gone before I test. However, this normally means test everyday from the trigger to watch it go...and then wait to see whether a bfp takes it's place! :dohh:

Nlk, that's got to be really confusing!! I suppose I'm lucky that Clomid seems to be doing something for me, just hope it actually works for me to catch the egg!

This is the first time I've waited to test properly, normally AF is here to greet me first or the last two times it's been when I've been in hospital for gallstones so I had my blood taken and tested for pregnancy, all came back as negative but at least I didn't waste two pregnancy tests out my own pocket :haha:

It's a gluten tolerance test (for diabetes as pcos puts you at higher risk of diabetes, therefore even higher for gestational diabetes)
I booked for 830am, (its 715 now) so my fasting was sleeping lol, however I am always sick in the morn til I get some food into me so I'm a bit worried ill vomit there lol

nexis, tha's absolutely made my day! OH won't let me put up decs until the first weekend...sometimes until after my mum's birthday which is the 8th....I get so excited! I'm a bit jealous of you having finished, but then I thought, no wait, cos that means I still get to do mine! Haha! I need to drag it out to fill the time until the decs go up!

Kubb, I don't think I have EVER managed to wait until CD30 to test :haha: I'm so bad! With the trigger though, I have to be careful...because it's hcg, it gives me a positive. So I have to be sure that it's gone before I test. However, this normally means test everyday from the trigger to watch it go...and then wait to see whether a bfp takes it's place! :dohh:

DH wishes he had a say in when the decs go up :haha: last year I had them up on the 29th November :blush: Little does he know I've been buying more decorations :happydance:

wahhhhh I wish I could put my decorations up NOW!

I did a little bit of xmas shopping whilst i was at sainsburys just now...it was all on offer, and I knew I was planning on buying it anyways, so I thought I might as well get it now and save some money...I came home, got really excited about getting to wrap it (I love love LOVE wrapping!) and then got a bit sad because I realised we don't have any christmas wrapping paper :( NEED to go buy some soon!

Also, I tried to buy some alcoholic gifts because they were on offer as well (and they're pretty expensive for what they are!!) and then realised that OH had taken my ID out of my purse this morning...The other day I got ID'ed for the lottery, so I didn't even bother taking the risk!! :(

I've really got the urge to do a test but I know it's way too early!! Ahhhhh, need to distract myself with something.:headspin:

Had such a busy day today - just got back from London and I'm exhausted. Lots of tummy tingles, so hopefully O or post O sensations. DH actually grumbled when I suggested another go at it tonight - even he was surprised when the whinge came out of his mouth, lol.

All this talk of Christmas is getting me excited. I really hope a few of us get bfps by then so we have Christmases to remember. We've wangled Christmas day on our own for the first time this year, but we really hope its actually our last and we have a little person to share it with next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->