Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

wahhhhh I wish I could put my decorations up NOW!

I did a little bit of xmas shopping whilst i was at sainsburys just now...it was all on offer, and I knew I was planning on buying it anyways, so I thought I might as well get it now and save some money...I came home, got really excited about getting to wrap it (I love love LOVE wrapping!) and then got a bit sad because I realised we don't have any christmas wrapping paper :( NEED to go buy some soon!

Also, I tried to buy some alcoholic gifts because they were on offer as well (and they're pretty expensive for what they are!!) and then realised that OH had taken my ID out of my purse this morning...The other day I got ID'ed for the lottery, so I didn't even bother taking the risk!! :(

I got quite a few gifts in sainsburys this year, we live right by one and DH works there so I get his discount :haha:

ah fab! I always do my shopping there...there's a small one across the road (we live right next to the town center) but I drive to the big one to do shopping because it has more...I've got like, 20,000 points there :blush: I don't wanna spend them!!

ah fab! I always do my shopping there...there's a small one across the road (we live right next to the town center) but I drive to the big one to do shopping because it has more...I've got like, 20,000 points there :blush: I don't wanna spend them!!

20,000??? :o wow that's impressive! We live in what I suppose are the suburbs of Cardiff but there's a big sainsburys in the middle that was actually built before all the houses lol we do all our shopping there but never save our nectar points :haha:

Welcome kubb and good luck with testing!

Ooohhh xmas!! My family is fulll of children (10 in total i am a proud aunty) so our rule is to buy for thechildren and the adults do a.secret santa or else its too expensive. I did some xmas shopping in june, i got 5 watch sets for the girlies. I work for a well known mail order catalogue and get belting discounts so saw these watches and thought id best order them as i have worked there so long i seem to know what items will sell out fast. And i was correct they are now sold out lol! I got man united footballs for 2 of my nephews too.
I need 3 more.xas prezzies for my other 2 nephews and my baby niece, dp's mum n dad and his prezzie then im done!
Last night we got our clubcard vouchers, got £14 so doubling some up for frozen food and the rest towards a big xmas food blowout.
We wil have our decs up on 1st dec as usual. I finish work at 1:30 xas eve so i wi go and make stuffing and mince pies and i managed to get 27th and 28th off :happydance:
This will be our last xmas just thetwo of us as we will have a little one next year!

Ps....dp thinks its wierd.....when i was little my mum and dad used to put a pillow case at the bottom of my and my sisters bed and pack it with some presents, so xmas day morning we would open them on my mum n dads bed with them. Then head downstairs for more gifts.
Dp said he has never heard of this but then i suppose families have their own things they do.
I think its wierd having xmas dinner at 1pm, eiugghh a sunday roast so early on? We have a cooked breakfast and then xmas dinner at around 5pm.

Lets distract ourselves from pcos and ttc and lets share our xmas memories. Like what we used to do when we were growing up.

Feeling better today. Got my smiley face and used pre seed for the first time. Fingers crossed. Tomoro is my appointment at the infertility clinic I will let you all know how I get on x

Ps....dp thinks its wierd.....when i was little my mum and dad used to put a pillow case at the bottom of my and my sisters bed and pack it with some presents, so xmas day morning we would open them on my mum n dads bed with them. Then head downstairs for more gifts.
Dp said he has never heard of this but then i suppose families have their own things they do.
I think its wierd having xmas dinner at 1pm, eiugghh a sunday roast so early on? We have a cooked breakfast and then xmas dinner at around 5pm.

Lets distract ourselves from pcos and ttc and lets share our xmas memories. Like what we used to do when we were growing up.

My sister and I always used to have a stocking bag thing with small gifts in at the end of ours beds from Santa. I'm 26 and she's 24 and my mum still gets stuff for our stocking and gives it to us on Xmas day. And I still get an advent calander :blush:

Yeah, we used to have a stocking at the end of our beds which we were allowed to open on parents' bed, then go down for more as well mumface :thumbup:

Yeah, I've saved all my points nexis :/ I think I have about £90 in points?! :blush:

I'm so hopeful that this is our last christmas childless. I'm still holding out the hope that we will get bfp by christmas, but it's starting to look unlikely...I think this is my last cycle before christmas??

Oh, and I can't have an advent calendar because I'm allergic to chocolate :dohh:

Allergic to chocolate? Omg i wouldnt cope lol! But yeah advent calendar is a must.....no its the law!

Im cd25 and feel emotionally drained. I want to cry so much. Has anyone thought about how much time they would like for maternity leave? I had an idea of finishing at 36 wks and taking 6months out.
So we were going thru our finances last night and i would only afford 12 weeks off in total. So i would need to work til week 39 and go back when junior is 11 weeks. My company pay 2 weeks full, 6 weeks90% then smp at £125 pw. I will use 4 weeks holiday too but honestly cant afford.to be off longer. We can try and save up but wih our outgoings we would only be able to save for an extra 2 weeks off. Plus we will need to buy nursery funiture too.
Dno how we will do this....!

An due to our joint income been more than 24k (just a tad over) we dont qaulify for tax credits as junior will be cared for by grandma whist we work. We dont qaulify for anything apart from the usual child benefit thing.

Feeling better today. Got my smiley face and used pre seed for the first time. Fingers crossed. Tomoro is my appointment at the infertility clinic I will let you all know how I get on x

Good luck love! I hope all goes well!
:dust:

Allergic to chocolate? Omg i wouldnt cope lol! But yeah advent calendar is a must.....no its the law!

Im cd25 and feel emotionally drained. I want to cry so much. Has anyone thought about how much time they would like for maternity leave? I had an idea of finishing at 36 wks and taking 6months out.
So we were going thru our finances last night and i would only afford 12 weeks off in total. So i would need to work til week 39 and go back when junior is 11 weeks. My company pay 2 weeks full, 6 weeks90% then smp at £125 pw. I will use 4 weeks holiday too but honestly cant afford.to be off longer. We can try and save up but wih our outgoings we would only be able to save for an extra 2 weeks off. us we will buy nursery funiture too.
Dno how we will do this....!

I totally couldn't cope without chocolate either

In terms of maternity leave, it wouldn't be a problem for us. DH works full time but I'm a housewife. I really love it but it wasn't through choice, I slipped a disc in my back twice in 2008 and had to have surgery. Turned out I'd also fractured my spine too but no idea how :haha: I've had nothing but trouble since then and have been classed as unfit to work since the end of 2008.

I LOVE PUTTING MY TREE UP :happydance:

I've a HUGE family- 23 nieces and nephews and 3 great moves and nephews... 7 siblings... Then my step daughter and step son (we don't see him tough the mums a b*atch!)
Then parents...

I started Xmas shopping a while ago- still have TONS to get!

Hope everyone's doing okay???

Thank mumface !

Re. Xmas.. I love it. I have about half my shopping done. I love shopping and wrapping the presents. OH is a complete humbug though and we dont even put a tree up. He says xmas is for kids! So once we have a baby I will make sure i;m allowed a tree haha. But he is the biggest kid of all when it comes to presents!

and maternity leave i am quite lucky I can get up to a year out but will have to save save save if i want the whole year. I will get 6 months full pay then 6 months smp. I think I would take 9 months rather than the whole year though. ONly problem we will have is chilcare cos of the hours we both work. Some days we are both out to work by 6am so god knows how i will get around that!

Omg yes Christmas is nearly here! I work in a busy DVD/ cd store and last night (thurs late night shopping) had that Christmas feel to the air! It was busy and someone said merry Christmas and people are buying Xmas gift cards!!
When is it acceptable to wear my Xmas shirt? Lol

Omg im so annoyed at having to 'rush' back to work :growlmad: so soon after giving birth. 11 weeks?? Im really upset by this realisation. Just how can anyone cope of £125 a week smp is beyond me.
Dont get me wrong i dont mind working but leaving my 11 week old behind?? It breaks my heart already :nope::cry:

Cd25 and i could cry. Im so tired and feel as though im taking 1 step forward and 3 steps back. All this overtime i have done has been fo nothing as we are no further forward financially. I give up.
Testing on Sunday. I really think af is coming as the mood i am in.....!

*breath.....*

Hopeful i work for.a.catalogue and the xmas book is sent out in june. I grab my copy and bookmark the things i will order on my staff account. The manchester xmas lights get switched on tomorrow night, sadly im working late but the xmas markets usually come a week later; theres nothing like wandering around the markets trying to warm your hands on a cup of hot chocolate browsing at the gifts and stuff. But having said that i still hate winter with a passion :haha:

:dust:

Laurabe we are lucky with childcare as straight away dp mum offered. I dont start work til 12 so i cane take baby to hers at 10am and still get to work on time. Dp finish at 5:30 so he will have the evening shift.
Its good your employer gives such a good maternity package :thumbup:

Maternity pay us really interesting. My friend gets something like 6 weeks, while another is a hairdresser, self employed and only gets smp. I think I'm entitled to 6mth full,3part, then however much smp. Really trying not to worry about it until it happens, but I guess I'm in a very fortunate position.

We visited a foster carer this evening to talk about the process of registering to be a carer, what its really like when a child leaves your care, what support you get and how much I would still be able to work etc. DH and I left feeling so positive about the prospect and we're now very confident that fostering is an option for us. After a really rubbish few weeks with my bipolar we have recognised the importance of making sensible decisions and the significance of knowing that its no good fighting to have my own baby if I'm not going to be well enough to look after him or her.

That said, now CD18, super sore boobs, tired and ratty. Testing on CD28 and hoping AF comes quick if we get a bfn.

Day off tomorrow - may do some Christmas shopping :happydance:

My eldest sister is a foster carer. She has two girls, sisters aged 11 and 14 she had cared for them for the last 5 years and will do until they are 18.
She has children come and go too. You can choose what age ranges you want to care for too.
Its an intresting job but very challenging. In september she let a little boy go for adoption, she was the bit inbetween whilst the social decided if his mum was fit enough to have him or if he should be adopted. he was 20months and she had cared for him since he as 3 weeks old. I dont know how she does it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->