Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Hi ladies...

Ok, didn't know whether to post this yet or wait but as your support hasn't wavered over the last year I thought that you guys would help me once again.

I have been getting BFPs on FRER for the last 3 days, each getting darker but not as dark as control line yet. I am 12dpo today.

Went to docs today to confirm, they didnt test just said they now trust the home pregnancy tests.
I explained about my chemical last month and she said that as i am only just 4 weeks to just take it easy and keep my fingers crossed.

I am sooooo scared the same thing is going to happen again. I am having AF cramps which i researched online and they are apparently common in first weeks of pregnancy.
They have been quite bad today at times though.

My OH text me saying he is buzzing...hope we really have done it this time.

Just want to get passed AF due date before I believe it's true.
As you can see by my ticker, we will be just in time for the one year mark if this little bean sticks.

Wish I was religious and could pray to someone to help.xxxx

Yippeeeee!!! Id take that as a bfp and take it easy!
Congrats and sending you sticky vibes!

Oh Stella, I'm so happy for you!

I understand how difficult it is to be happy and optimistic about this cycle, but you need to remember that it's highly unlikely that it was anything you did, or anything that was wrong with you that caused it :hugs:

If your lines are getting darker, I would take that as a good sign! It means that your hormone levels are progressing and your body is doing what it's meant to!

Also, I will hold off on updating the bfp count for you until you have gotten past when AF is due. So just post back and let me know what that happens :winkwink:

it will happen!!

Just started metformin a few days ago. No nasty side effects like last time, but apparently that was because my OBGYN told me to take it all wrong. I was taking 1500mg all at once, not through out the day at mealtimes. I've have a little GI issues, but nothing not tolerable. Let's hope my appointment on 12/9 for my bloodwork and u/s go well. Hopefully the metformin will prevent a chemical pregnancy this time, if everything else goes well.

Thanks Mumface and Nlk!!xx
OH just home from work and we decided to see if we get to Sunday with no AF then we will tell close family.

FX.x Surely we cant be so unlucky 2mnths running. fxfxfxfxfxfxfx

Good luck to you Stella!
Keeping my fingers crossed- they do say you are most fertile the cycle after an
M/c!

Hi sugarpi24 welcome! Let us know how you go on with femera.

Nexis my dp has been good and abstained since saturday night so he will be good and ready for his sa tomorrow morning. He was told to abstain for 3 days but no more than 7. Im just hoping he will be fine. I was strict with him because i wont be referred until they are happy with dp's sperm so i said i dont want any delays.

I feel sickly. Apparently theres a sickness virus sweeping the uk, i had a bfn in sunday so i inow its not a bean, i just hope im not coming down with anything!

DH was told to abstain from 2-7 days, longer the better! He did 7 days and then we messed it up :haha: I'm not too bothered as his appointment to discuss the results isn't til late January. AF has arrived today so this cycle is a day shorter than the last one :happydance:

Are you doing anythin to 'regulate' your cycles?
Im now cd46 now and had niggly cramps and more cm than usual.
I hate my body!

I'm taking 1000mg of metformin daily, so I think that's what's regulating my cycles.

Hi ladies...

Ok, didn't know whether to post this yet or wait but as your support hasn't wavered over the last year I thought that you guys would help me once again.

I have been getting BFPs on FRER for the last 3 days, each getting darker but not as dark as control line yet. I am 12dpo today.

Went to docs today to confirm, they didnt test just said they now trust the home pregnancy tests.
I explained about my chemical last month and she said that as i am only just 4 weeks to just take it easy and keep my fingers crossed.

I am sooooo scared the same thing is going to happen again. I am having AF cramps which i researched online and they are apparently common in first weeks of pregnancy.
They have been quite bad today at times though.

My OH text me saying he is buzzing...hope we really have done it this time.

Just want to get passed AF due date before I believe it's true.
As you can see by my ticker, we will be just in time for the one year mark if this little bean sticks.

Wish I was religious and could pray to someone to help.xxxx

Congrats! Sticky vibes and H&H 9 months xxx

I called the hospital yesterday as it was cd 1 and booked my HSG. It's going to be next Wednesday morning as they only do them on a Wednesday apparently. They said I'll probably be there about 30 mins, but it's the same hospital I go to for the consultant so it'll actually take me longer to get there than the appointment will last as its really out of the way. Not really looking forward to it but ill be glad when it's out of the way :)

Congrats Stella!! I have my fingers crossed for you :happydance:

Keep safe and well and look forward to hearing good news and announcements v soon

x

Congrats Stella!

BFN for me, our next step is adoption or IVF and neither is financially doable right now. I have to give up on TTC for the time being.

Congrats Stella!

BFN for me, our next step is adoption or IVF and neither is financially doable right now. I have to give up on TTC for the time being.

My dp draws the line at ivf due to cost and he said he wont ever adopt.
Whereas i will go all the way. Dp and i share the same views on most things but we dissagree on some. This been one of them.
take care what ever you decide xxxx

Well my last clomid tablet today.. all we can do now is BD at every opportunity and hope for a Xmas BFP

Hey ladies, hope you're all well and getting ready for Christmas.

DH and I have spent the past week having hard conversations about what's next. Given my additional challenge of bipolar we've decided to call it a day.

My last cycle had people convinced I was pregnant - I was so sick and off food that even my colleagues were asking if I was pregnant! When AF arrived last week it was devastating. DH was crushed and we both feel really rotten :cry:

DH suggested I go back on medication and visit the nurse to go back on the pill - while many have the opportunity to leave their fate open, I need to be pragmatic and take precautions, as the last thing I want is to get a BFP and harm my baby with bipolar meds.

We may have only started trying in October 11, but I only had two natural bleeds in the whole of 2011, both anovulatory, then anything that's happened this year has been with a helping hand from provera or following a clomid round. I've lost 2.5st, changed my diet, taken metformin, had acupuncture, reiki... Even my fs and endo have said it's not going to happen without help and DH and I really don't want to try IVF. Sometimes its just not meant to be.

We've made provisional enquiries about fostering with our local authority and we're off to an information evening next week to find out what's involved and how soon they'd be happy for us to apply after fertility treatment, whether my bipolar will affect my application etc. We're by no means ready to apply yet, but we hope to be in a position to by the summer - by then we should be closer to coming to terms with things and settled back on medication - if they'll have us, of course.

I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you :hugs: to you all for your time and support over the past few months. I think I came here because I knew I was winding down and I wanted to be sure it was the right thing for me. I found the support and respect that's been missing for much of the past year and I'm so grateful for that.

I wish each and every one of you the very best and a safe, happy and healthy nine months to each of you lucky enough to have a BFP now, or in the future.

I will no doubt stalk regularly and I'll drop in occasionally, if you don't mind.

x

So sorry that your ttc jourey has come to this. Cant be an easy decision.
I hope things work out for you either way.xxx

Congrats Stella!

I'm sorry to hear you'll be taking a break and wish you the best for the future :hugs:

Hey ladies, hope you're all well and getting ready for Christmas.

DH and I have spent the past week having hard conversations about what's next. Given my additional challenge of bipolar we've decided to call it a day.

My last cycle had people convinced I was pregnant - I was so sick and off food that even my colleagues were asking if I was pregnant! When AF arrived last week it was devastating. DH was crushed and we both feel really rotten :cry:

DH suggested I go back on medication and visit the nurse to go back on the pill - while many have the opportunity to leave their fate open, I need to be pragmatic and take precautions, as the last thing I want is to get a BFP and harm my baby with bipolar meds.

We may have only started trying in October 11, but I only had two natural bleeds in the whole of 2011, both anovulatory, then anything that's happened this year has been with a helping hand from provera or following a clomid round. I've lost 2.5st, changed my diet, taken metformin, had acupuncture, reiki... Even my fs and endo have said it's not going to happen without help and DH and I really don't want to try IVF. Sometimes its just not meant to be.

We've made provisional enquiries about fostering with our local authority and we're off to an information evening next week to find out what's involved and how soon they'd be happy for us to apply after fertility treatment, whether my bipolar will affect my application etc. We're by no means ready to apply yet, but we hope to be in a position to by the summer - by then we should be closer to coming to terms with things and settled back on medication - if they'll have us, of course.

I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you :hugs: to you all for your time and support over the past few months. I think I came here because I knew I was winding down and I wanted to be sure it was the right thing for me. I found the support and respect that's been missing for much of the past year and I'm so grateful for that.

I wish each and every one of you the very best and a safe, happy and healthy nine months to each of you lucky enough to have a BFP now, or in the future.

I will no doubt stalk regularly and I'll drop in occasionally, if you don't mind.

x

Sorry to hear that. I hope that whatever you decide in terms of fostering/adoption that you'll be very happy :hugs: Keep us all up to date!

Huge Congrats StellaBella :thumbup:

Sorry to hear your news Miss Noodles, it does sound like you have thought about things realistically in terms of your next steps, particularly the 'giving yourself time' part. Any Local Authority or Fostering Agency should see this as a positive. I have only just joined this thread but if I can be of any help in terms of fostering, you're welcome to PM me (social worker on a career break) :flower:

I read a newspaper article on the women with PCOS that appeared on This Morning, she had grown her facial hair to support 'Movember' - don't know if anyone else saw this? Just wondered, apart from our current common problem with TTC/subfertility, what are all your main PCOS symptoms/difficulties?

For me its weight and acne :growlmad:

take care miss noodles and thanks for all your kind words over the months.
I hope you are happy in your descisions.

Rach28 - i have a greasy tzone which i believe is pcos related, i rarely get spots though. I als have random pelvic cramps too. My weight has never been an issue. My heaviest was 12stone but last year i lost just over a stone as im below 11 now. It took me months to lose it. I cant seem to lose anymore but at least its not gone back on! The only excess hair hair i have is a line from my belly bitton to my pubic area and a few hairs on my toes :haha:
And of course, the big daddy of all pcos.....irregular or absent periods!!
I guess symptoms vary from woman to woman.

Xxx

Thanks for the kind words guys, its going to take a while to wean myself off this thread!

In terms of my symptoms, I have moderate to bad acne on my face and neck, some male pattern baldness, weight gain and a little abnormal body hair. Of course, absent periods too. The metformin resolved most of it, mind.

I saw the story about the woman growing her facial hair in closer I think. As for symptoms of PCOS, I have always been really spotty but I get zineryt from the doctor which is fab at combatting that. Irregular/absent (and when I was younger VERY heavy) periods, which metformin has regulated and I have a oily t zone too and some hair on my belly and one or two on my toes. I also have really light quite fine hair all over my face, but I don't know if that's PCOS or if I'm just weird :haha: it doesn't bother me as you can't really see it as my hair's naturally blonde. I didn't even realise until last year that not all women have it :haha:

Just thought I'd nip in and give my symptoms :)

Main problem is the weight! Just have to look at a carb and I gain weight :( Also absent periods and have oily skin and acne across my jaw line. Do also have a bit of hair in places I'd rather not :dohh: and my hair gets greasy pretty quick.

So yeah, quite alot! The joys! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->