Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Yeah my hair gets greasy too! I shower each morning and by night time my hair is bleugghh!
My periods have gone lighter since i were 17. My very first period was spotting but i thought id hurt muself when i went horse riding with a friend when i was 13. I remember reading that horseriding can break your hymen and so i thought id done that (lost my virginity on a horse??) lol! But then xmas eve that year af got me heavy and painful and it was downhill since then!
Went on bcp aged17 and it sorted me out.
But yeah im a huge greaseball and rarely wear make up because it makes it worse.

I hate having to plan showers to make sure my hair's clean everyday! Its got slightly better with Metformin, not as greasy by the end of the day but still quite bad!

I always had horrible heavy and painful periods when I started them around 11/12 years old and the doctor eventually put me on the pill to help, but in my opinion it was so they didnt have to investigate the problem, which was obviously PCOS.

Nothing worse than wearing make up, half way through the day most of its gone and my face is so shiny!

Hey thought id chip in with my symptoms!
Weight has always been a problem for me. Im quiet over weight 5'3 + around 200lbs.
whenever i tell anyone my weight they always so I dont look that heavy. I guess I dress well for my size, but its all there alright! :(

I always had great skin, and would get compliments on how clear it was. Came off the pill at the start of July and that all went down hill. My back was destroyed with spots, my chest a bit aswell, and regular facial spots. I was worried it was going to turn into acne, but the last month it has started to clear up. it may have been the pill leaving my system.
I dont have facial hair thank god, but i have the belly button line, and one or two other places Id rather not have it! I have very fast hair growth. Had lazer on my under arms & bikini line and it did nothing for me at all!

Then of course the long cycles. Im still working mine out, but im currently on my lonest one so far 42 days and counting :-(

Hello, I'm new here...sorry to just butt in. I'm so glad there is a place to vent!! I was just diagnosed with PCOS :cry: recently after years of apparently knowing!:growlmad: The only thing the doctor told me that would help is BC which I've been on for the past 3months.. I've only managed to lose 5lbs.. I'm overweight by about 15. I'm 27 and in love with my boyfriend we're planning on buying a house in the next year or so. He's so AMAZING! :cloud9: But I'm really worried that when the time comes for us to fill our home in children that it might not be possible... I'm just really scared :cry:

Just thought I'd nip in and give my symptoms :)

Main problem is the weight! Just have to look at a carb and I gain weight :( Also absent periods and have oily skin and acne across my jaw line. Do also have a bit of hair in places I'd rather not :dohh: and my hair gets greasy pretty quick.

So yeah, quite alot! The joys! :haha:

Completely forgot to add to my symptoms about my weight :haha: I'm 5'2ish and about 19st. I have a really hard time losing weight too. I wash my hair everyday too as it gets greasy quickly. I wear quite a bit of makeup and I know I shouldn't but I can't even answer the door without it on :blush:

Hello, I'm new here...sorry to just butt in. I'm so glad there is a place to vent!! I was just diagnosed with PCOS :cry: recently after years of apparently knowing!:growlmad: The only thing the doctor told me that would help is BC which I've been on for the past 3months.. I've only managed to lose 5lbs.. I'm overweight by about 15. I'm 27 and in love with my boyfriend we're planning on buying a house in the next year or so. He's so AMAZING! :cloud9: But I'm really worried that when the time comes for us to fill our home in children that it might not be possible... I'm just really scared :cry:

Welcome :hi: there's lots that can be done to help women with PCOS with ttc, you should go and have a chat with your doctor about it when you start ttc if you find that you're not getting periods or you're having trouble getting pregnant. Not everyone with PCOS has such a hard time getting pregnant, everyone's different :)

Welcome :hi: there's lots that can be done to help women with PCOS with ttc, you should go and have a chat with your doctor about it when you start ttc if you find that you're not getting periods or you're having trouble getting pregnant. Not everyone with PCOS has such a hard time getting pregnant, everyone's different :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you!! My doctor explained to me that I need to go to a fertility clinic if I ever want to get pregnant. I'm not ready to start just yet but hearing that from him was heartbreaking. I am on BC for now I do however get periods they are just all over the place anywhere from 32-55days! Other than that my symptoms are chronic pain where I believe my ovaries, and somewhat overweight which I'm trying to work on! Thank you so much! Your words made me feel so much better already!!! :flower:

Ok so i really think the last few days i have been trying (or have) ovulated.
For several days i have had pelvic cramps on and off and the last three days globs of ewcm, stretchy ewcm too. We have bd'd every other night just in case.
I have had pelvic cramps before but never had much ewcm as recently.

CookiXO welcome! This thread alone has seen 20 bfps. I joined in april and it was at 9 bfps i think. So for it to shoot up 11bfps gives me confidence and i hope it does you too!

I hate having to plan showers to make sure my hair's clean everyday! Its got slightly better with Metformin, not as greasy by the end of the day but still quite bad!

I always had horrible heavy and painful periods when I started them around 11/12 years old and the doctor eventually put me on the pill to help, but in my opinion it was so they didnt have to investigate the problem, which was obviously PCOS.

Nothing worse than wearing make up, half way through the day most of its gone and my face is so shiny!

Dry shampoo....my best friend! Im going to a gig after work on dec 13th (going seeing the rasmus....dont laff) and will have to get changed at work. so i will have my dry shampoo, tea tree face wipes and make up at the ready so im not a greasy gurder!

Thank you!! My doctor explained to me that I need to go to a fertility clinic if I ever want to get pregnant. I'm not ready to start just yet but hearing that from him was heartbreaking. I am on BC for now I do however get periods they are just all over the place anywhere from 32-55days! Other than that my symptoms are chronic pain where I believe my ovaries, and somewhat overweight which I'm trying to work on! Thank you so much! Your words made me feel so much better already!!! :flower:

Not everyone with PCOS needs help conceiving, you just don't know what will happen with you and what help you may or may not need until you're ttc :)

Afm, cd 4 today and af has got much lighter so hopefully she won't be around much longer. I'll be glad when the HSG is out of the way now :D

Hey thought id chip in with my symptoms!
Weight has always been a problem for me. Im quiet over weight 5'3 + around 200lbs.
whenever i tell anyone my weight they always so I dont look that heavy. I guess I dress well for my size, but its all there alright! :(

I always had great skin, and would get compliments on how clear it was. Came off the pill at the start of July and that all went down hill. My back was destroyed with spots, my chest a bit aswell, and regular facial spots. I was worried it was going to turn into acne, but the last month it has started to clear up. it may have been the pill leaving my system.
I dont have facial hair thank god, but i have the belly button line, and one or two other places Id rather not have it! I have very fast hair growth. Had lazer on my under arms & bikini line and it did nothing for me at all!

Then of course the long cycles. Im still working mine out, but im currently on my lonest one so far 42 days and counting :-(

hey im kinda the same...im 5'2ish and weight 200lbs. :( ive been trying to work on my weight...but its hard to do :( my skin was also so clear while on bcp...for the past 6-7 yrs though my skin has gone DRY! to the point i have dry spots on my face and it looks like dried up slobber sometimes lol but ive tried just about everything i can think of to not make it dry...nothings working so far... :( thank goodness my facial hair is blonde so its not to visual... but i do have a belly button trail as well..i hate that! i get random chin hairs and chest hairs...weird i know lol i hate having PCOS! :( ive had a cycle that lasted 100days...only because my old ob kept telling me the reason why i didnt get my period was due to my thyroid ( they didnt do any other testing)....i switched to my new ob and he ran tests that very day to confirm PCOS...and he started me on provera...my cycles vary like crazy..sometimes ill start on my own...other times i have to have help :( good luck hun i hope you start AF soon...or get your BFP :) that would be awesome :)

I'm on cd 4 too Nexis, first time ever having a proper cycle so quite excited but new to all this so quite confused :dohh: Bought ovulation tests for the first time but have no idea when to start testing and tbh I might not even ovulate! Not sure how this metformin works but I'm just glad af finally came!

I'm on cd 4 too Nexis, first time ever having a proper cycle so quite excited but new to all this so quite confused :dohh: Bought ovulation tests for the first time but have no idea when to start testing and tbh I might not even ovulate! Not sure how this metformin works but I'm just glad af finally came!

For me, opk's have never worked. This is down to being annovulatory, but four some women with PCOS, opk's don't work even if they do ovulate. It depends on how long your cycle is as to when you should start testing with them, I think it's around cd 11 if you have a "normal" cycle. I've given up on using them and also on temping as they weren't helping and were only stressing me out :) Metformin is actually a drug used to help with diabetes. My fs told me it helps to level out the insulin and that should help with the cysts and therefore reduce the PCOS symptoms. Hope that helps :flower:

Thanks for the info :) I was anovulatory until this month so kind of hoping it will come again next month on time but not sure about the chances of that happening! Yeah I heard many PCOS suffers couldnt use opk's as the results were wrong but I'd thought it'd give it a try. Don't think I would have the patience or will power to temp, would drive me up the wall.

Not sure what my insulin levels are like since i started met but I know I havnt lost any weight but af came a month after I started it. Although I'm not sure how it worked whether it was the change in hormones that caused af without ovulation or if met caused ovulation?

Bunny_boo, I've never had a pos opk yet I'm pregnant, which proves they don't work with pcos!

They'll probably be a waste of time then :( why is it they don't work for us?

Btw congrats on your pregnancy :flow:

Thanks for the info :) I was anovulatory until this month so kind of hoping it will come again next month on time but not sure about the chances of that happening! Yeah I heard many PCOS suffers couldnt use opk's as the results were wrong but I'd thought it'd give it a try. Don't think I would have the patience or will power to temp, would drive me up the wall.

Not sure what my insulin levels are like since i started met but I know I havnt lost any weight but af came a month after I started it. Although I'm not sure how it worked whether it was the change in hormones that caused af without ovulation or if met caused ovulation?

I think metformin can possibly start you ovulating again but don't quote me on that. I had a cd 21 blood test the other week but can't get results til I go back to hospital in February.

They'll probably be a waste of time then :( why is it they don't work for us?

Btw congrats on your pregnancy :flow:

Some women with PCOS have an elevated LH level, which can cause lots of positives when you haven't really had a surge, or if you're annovulatory you could have a surge but still not ovulate...or you could just not be ovulating :dohh:

How complicated! Nothings ever easy with PCOS! :dohh:
If I get a "normal" cycle and ovulate with the metformin af will be due Christmas.

How come you have to wait til February? That seems ages away.

Opks work for me ladies!!!
Yes, they are at times ambiguous but I never get a true positive opk unless I really am ovulating.
I do also temp to confirm.x

How complicated! Nothings ever easy with PCOS! :dohh:
If I get a "normal" cycle and ovulate with the metformin af will be due Christmas.

How come you have to wait til February? That seems ages away.

It does seem ages away :( I have to wait til then as they want to be sure that I've had an HSG and dh has had an SA before I go back to see them again. I'm hoping that they'll prescribe me clomid when I go back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->