Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

I know. They're really getting on my nerves now! But I don't want to just give up, and wait for ivf.

I can't remember if I replied to your question about the ivf here, hopeful. I will be allowed one round on the nhs, so wouldn't have to pay for it, because I don't already have any children, and meet all of their criteria. But, I would have to wait until april 2014, which is when I turn 23, in order to get it. If that fails, or I want another child, or I want to do ivf before then, I would have to go private. The cost would be around £4000. Unless they decide that I'm eligible for egg sharing, which would reduce the cost massively!

NLK sounds like a massive pain! Just keep nagging them its the only way I got anywhere when hospital was messing me about!

Hope it works out well for you though!

xx

That is 16 months away nlk :( but at least its good to know u have that as a backup plan!
Hopefully new year gives a fresh start for everyone!

I know :( we're trying to decide whether we are happy to wait that long, or whether we want to go through ivf privately before then. Or whether to try other things in the meantime. But trying to just relax and not think too much into it until I've heard back from the hospital this week!

What are your options left before that? You've done clomid and femara, what now?

If they are stopping treatment, then i just have to wait until ivf. They're basically saying that there is no chance I will get pregnant without ivf, therefore they're not willing to try. I know this is wrong, in my mind though. So they've told me to just keep trying, and basically hope for a miracle in the meantime. But I'm completely annovulatory..I went around a year without AF because doctors didn't take me seriously. So I know in my mind, that it's unlikely to happen.

If they stand by this decision, and refuse any more treatment, I am going to try agnus castus, in the hope that it will at least give me AF. I'm refusing to go back on the pill, because of how awful it makes me feel! Not that they offered it when they discharged me anyway :roll:

If they are stopping treatment, then i just have to wait until ivf. They're basically saying that there is no chance I will get pregnant without ivf, therefore they're not willing to try. I know this is wrong, in my mind though. So they've told me to just keep trying, and basically hope for a miracle in the meantime. But I'm completely annovulatory..I went around a year without AF because doctors didn't take me seriously. So I know in my mind, that it's unlikely to happen.

If they stand by this decision, and refuse any more treatment, I am going to try agnus castus, in the hope that it will at least give me AF. I'm refusing to go back on the pill, because of how awful it makes me feel! Not that they offered it when they discharged me anyway :roll:

Have you tried Soy? It worked for me, to help me ovulate and I concieved the cycle before I was due clomid. Possibly worth a try?

I have been thinking about it, sue, but I'm not entirely sure how to take it?! Is it safe to take in pregnancy? Because that was the thing that put me off of AC...you should only take it up until ovulation, but having no natural cycle means I don't know if/when I ovulate :wacko: Is it the same with soy?

Nlk...Agnus Castus tincture version worked great for me...worth a go. I know lots of people dont like to use opks but maybe if you did temping for one cycle to see if u ovulate on it? Maybe if you see no ovulation detected after a 4-6weeks then stop temping to keep the stressing to a minimum?

I did the tablet form for 2-3 mnths with no AF but had a 5 week cycle on both tincture cycles I did...and conceived on both? GL.xxx

I would def give ac a shot i took it for 5 months and it brought my cycles down and even though I've stopped taking it this month (was told not to try month before op so we just having a break from all ttc things) my af still came after 40 days which is good for me. So it must do something and I'm sure if I'd have stayed on it it would have made me ov. Next time I think I will use the tincture though as it Stella has had such a good result :) x

I agree nlk, try herbal, you've got nothing to lose and its worked for so many!

Nlk...Agnus Castus tincture version worked great for me...worth a go. I know lots of people dont like to use opks but maybe if you did temping for one cycle to see if u ovulate on it? Maybe if you see no ovulation detected after a 4-6weeks then stop temping to keep the stressing to a minimum?

I did the tablet form for 2-3 mnths with no AF but had a 5 week cycle on both tincture cycles I did...and conceived on both? GL.xxx

That definitely sounds worth a shot! Did you have irregular cycles before, or no cycles? Also, what was the dose you took? With/without food? I don't really know much about it...but am going to have to give it a go. I have no problem temping, or using opks, just to see.

The hospital called me back this morning. My fs has sided with the registrar, and agreed that my only way forward is ivf. I'm so gutted. Apparently it's because OHs SA shows that it varies too much...but they only have two to go on, and I know a lot of people who have a second one done because the first is low...it could be low because of anything, and doesn't mean that it jumps that much from month to month! I'm so upset with them, I just feel so crushed...so we either wait 18 months for one free round of ivf, or go private.

That definitely sounds worth a shot! Did you have irregular cycles before, or no cycles? Also, what was the dose you took? With/without food? I don't really know much about it...but am going to have to give it a go. I have no problem temping, or using opks, just to see.

The hospital called me back this morning. My fs has sided with the registrar, and agreed that my only way forward is ivf. I'm so gutted. Apparently it's because OHs SA shows that it varies too much...but they only have two to go on, and I know a lot of people who have a second one done because the first is low...it could be low because of anything, and doesn't mean that it jumps that much from month to month! I'm so upset with them, I just feel so crushed...so we either wait 18 months for one free round of ivf, or go private.

So sorry to hear this nlk :hugs: I think I'm going to try soy next cycle to see if that helps. I hope you get some luck with AC xx

I guess the question nlk is can u afford to pay it?
And if I do and it fails are u still eligible for the free round in 18 months or would that disqualify you from it, as they'd deem you financially can pay your own way?

Both me and OH have parents who have already said that, should it come to it, they will help us out financially. Along with money we have saved ourselves, as well, we could probably get away with doing a few rounds. I would still be able to do the round on the nhs, because I don't have to disclose that I've already had rounds elsewhere. Equally, if the one on the nhs failed here, we could move and not disclose that we've already had our free cycle elsewhere...if I moved back to essex, I would be entitled to three rounds. Meaning we could potentially get 4 rounds, funded. But it's the question of whether we want to move around that much.

OH was furious when I told him. He said that the reason they have given isn't really an argument, and he wants to take it further. I think I'm just going to start AC in the meantime and then see how we get on with that before I think too much about IVF. I don't want to do ivf first, then AC. I want to know that I've tried everything I possibly can before accepting ivf as my only option.

nik dear, i am really sad for you, no words here i can write nor they can accompany you, just i can see do as your mind says, do as ur dh says.... and yes you should try all possibilities before going to ivf, i am hopefull and i pray you got positive result before going for tht

my Dr cousin asked me why u nt go for ivf, but i refused because just 10 month going on we r trying, still we have many ways and luck may be touches us... atleast we try all ways before jumping to ivf

Nlk...i had irregular cycles, varied from 6-10wks long before i tried clomid and then Agnus Castus.
I took approx 15 drops three times a day. Sometimes took it with food, sometimes not.

Cant believe they are basing all this on 2 test results that were very different??? Surely a third is needed to see which result is the norm?
xxx

you would have thought!

I'm not impressed, at all. But I need to move on, and not give up. Thank you for all your lovely support. I love you guys! :hugs:

Definitely going to give it a go, stella. I've ordered some, and it should be here tomorrow! I'll see if it says anything on the bottle.

you would have thought!

I'm not impressed, at all. But I need to move on, and not give up. Thank you for all your lovely support. I love you guys! :hugs:

Definitely going to give it a go, stella. I've ordered some, and it should be here tomorrow! I'll see if it says anything on the bottle.

Hey you, I've been stalking for a little while and just wanted to say I hope your luck changes soon and 2013 turns out to be much more positive than its current promise.

Hope you all have a nice Christmas.
DH and I can't wait to say good riddance to 2012 in the hope that 2013 delivers us all a much calmer and happier year.

Best wishes to you all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->